inconsistencies eclipse Viren&Jeevika's character. - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by tara_211

Hi..

Well before u read my comment...please believe tht my intention is not at all to be rude'I just speak/write as a hardcore Virika fan! As fans we always defend and try to prove our favs right..i am not gonna do that!  - fair enough 

Firstly'its really interesting to see, how everyone (virika fan/not) has found interest in discussing Virikas separation in details nd depth'coz knowing the very understanding bond they have shared It definitely cums as a shock to many. - exactly they faced so many awful situations like aborting their baby and murder case and still stood together and this one truth to bua . is the reason for their separation .. I guess this is not a strong enough or fool proof backing from the story perspective

Secondly'.i don't think Virens character has had a turn around. YES he wanted to reveal the truth to everyone in the strt'coz at tht moment all he saw was everyone questioning his wife. But later when he sat with dadaji nd inder chachu he states tht SB will be really hurt after knwing the truth 'nd lets not tell her. This happened in 2 epsiodes, if I m not wrong..(don't remember the dates..sorry!) - ok Viren's character on 21st Dec wanted to tell the truth .. and later he wanted to hid .. as those days it was not the right time.. but I for once wished the CVs had shown Viren, being a lawyer should believe that truth cannot be hidden and hiding the truth is equal to lieing.. but they are showing his only from a son's perspective to bua... and also they should have shown him realizing that truth cannot be hidden forever.. and why not tell it now.. they want to show Viren's emotional side fair enough ..but being in the family of lawyers and he himself being a successful lawyer in town some logic and practicality in his character would do no harm 

So if we see'since tht day'till yest..he stood by tht!

Thirdly'Jeevika'well i will be VERRYYY stupid if I try defending her'so I completely gv 65% of her eagerness to  telling bua the truth - the demand of the story'nd 35% to the fact tht Swamini insulted Jeevikas upbringing. Swamini is hurt'nd brainwashed..nd a mother who has lost her long-lost-found son. Though I found her reaction OTT..knowing tht Swamini is a character who can say it all with her convictions'.! -- here one thing we should realize, even before the whole confrontation in SB's room where she insulted Jeevika, Maanvi and their parents.. Jeevika shared and had opined and had kept her views before Viren that she would tell the truth to SB.. only after Viren's warning she went back.. but she intended and was strong and even argued with Viren that bua has right to know the truth... this is the inconsistency I am talking about.. and not under what circumstances Jeevika told to SB in her room...  so SB speak ill of her parents or them is not the reason for the inconsistency in her character...

Coming to the fact of how characters are changed, well I don't think we can name one character in this show, which ha not been ruined'.maybe Inder chachu, shlok, kadambari'basically all supporting characters'BUT every main lead character has been ruined, in some aspect or the other. - exactly inconsistencies in characters and in tracks breathes through the show 

Maybe ruining a character is what keeps shows like EHM (without story)'going!  - lol you are right every of the 4 lead characters and all the side characters are ruined at one point of the time or other..

It is yet to see, how this track is handled'

hmm lets see 

p,s  - great reply thanks :)

Originally posted by -Pj-

Res

Inconsistencies lies amongst the whole show, their views seems to change in a spilt second and that isn't depended on any character. However, lets forget that and come back to track. 
yep we have been discussing the inconsistencies forever.. 

Firstly, a great post Munni. As you said Swamini has every right to know the reason behind her sons death, even if it is not pleasant. Somehow in December I could understand where both where coming from. Jeevika at that time not wanting to say but now realising that she should. As it will eat inside Swamini until she knows.
thanks pooja, SB should know the truth long before ,. but the way it so weakly handled is annoying .. not in december.. even on Jan 9th after SB's birthday .. she did not want to tell the truth and forget about Jan 9th... even on Friday's episode she was scared if she had told the truth to bua in that drunken state.. she even promises Viren that she will not let the truth to SB .. and the very next day she had a different view (Viren-jeevika scene ) with such strong statements to back her argument .. Is this not overnight change of a character .. 

Yet on the other side Viren was willing to reveal the truth, but this was soon after he himself that found out. However, every moment after that he hasn't. I maybe wrong but didn't he also tell Dadaji and Chachu that they shouldn't tell Swamini after they saw the video? 

pooja,... one thing about Viren's character..  Viren's character on 21st Dec wanted to tell the truth .. and later he wanted to hide .. as those days it was not the right time.. but I for once wished theCVs had shown Viren, being a lawyer should believe that truth cannot be hidden and hiding the truth is equal to lieing.. but they are showing his only from a son's perspective to bua... and also they should have shown him realizing that truth cannot be hidden forever.. and why not tell it now.. they want to show Viren's emotional side fair enough ..but being in the family of lawyers and he himself being a successful lawyer in town some logic and practicality in his character would do no harm 

I don't get why the writers like to have these 180 twists without a sense of justification. We could understand if something else happened for them to change their views or make it stick. @bold - πŸ‘πŸΌ this is what I wanted to see.. something more reasonable and something more fool proof to back their views .. as this is change in views overnight is not justifiable to lead to a rift between them who stood by each other and faced the worst phases  
Originally posted by StrongHope

this is exactly why you shouldn't have bothered di, saw the taunts comingπŸ˜† 

lol rubab ..πŸ˜†  
Originally posted by MrDarcyfan

I agree with you! The characters are being inconsistent to suit the needs of the track! I hope that they execute this track well!

@red bold - do you play darts πŸ˜†.. πŸ‘πŸΌ
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

On Dec 21st, 2013, Jeevika confessed to the family of shooting karan, bua demands, requests and pleads to tell the reason, Viren walks in with a cam corder, he says what ever reason she is expecting from Jeevika she may not be able to give, but he would tell her the reason why Jeevika shot karan... Jeevika holds Viren's hands and stops him from saying anything.. both walk from there.. As a mother, she has every damn RIGHT to know why her son lost her life..but they just walk away with out giving any trace of information to a mother who lost her son...

that day Viren wanted to tell the truth, Jeevika stopped him...

How much lazy one can get with watching episodes ...I am limiting point of that πŸ˜³

But finally caught up with ME...& as I haven't watched dec 21st , I'll take your word for that . Yeah Jeevika didn't wanted to tell truth at that time ( her personal opinion )  & somehow I could connect that she wasn't ready maybe...whatever . But Yes Swamz had every right to know, Monster or Saint , she deserved to knew about her son. 

I won't write about Viren as I have no idea what the dude is upto or what he will do . As for Jeevika I'll go in chronological order,
  As u mentioned in dec, She was disturbed, didnt wanted the truth to be out. She went through many things, was about to be molested & lose her sister & Killed a person. It was Viren's duty to tell swamz truth ( He need not have told that to Jeevika & shud have asked swamz not to mention that he told her ) 

Anyways going forward...In picnic she said about Karan being drunk. Half truth was out. 

& they say Half truth is Worse than full truth or Lie 

She couldn't see her in that helpless condition , her rudeness ...& decided finally that truth better be told. She took her time & I can connect with that . But her own husband is now against that. When she was in Swamz's room She was between Her husband's words & Her own instincts that Truth should be told...With a bit of provoking She went with her Instincts ...which I liked, Its not good to listen to husbands all the time na πŸ˜†

Again it maybe watching episodes after a long while, But I find Karan ' s murder & Swamz 's Insecurities & her blaming sisters for that Is a BETTER ( not very good ) ...track than The one when Karan was alive πŸ˜† His death is way better πŸ˜†

But Viren , well I never paid attention to his character in detail , but I really don't know where they will take him. A lawyer like himself shouldn't be the barrier between truth. Well I dunno where they will take this story But yeah dude is indeed Shown Inconsistent .
Originally posted by ..Gowri..

Awesome post as always dii!πŸ‘πŸΌ! Bang on! I jus dont understand the reason Y people around here are goin gaga on hw Virika are being bashed. Whoa, Gimme a break. VirManians make posts wherin we taunt on VirMan being baccha's & comedy couples.. LOL, Is that bashing? Evrything's fun, evrything entertainment, evrything's honest. Alas people jus dont care to understand. Defending ur favs is one thing, But why do u always hav to bring in this bashing word evrywhere? M afraid people cant express their sincere opinions on the show without being termed bashers/haters. 

thank you Gowri 😳 and .. i guess these lines are not for me ..πŸ˜† Virman's are balika vadhu couple πŸ˜†

On the post, lemme start with an excuse first. I did not watch the episode yet. went thru the WU's & decided against watching. So I wud rather a general opinion on the plot than get into the Virika/SB details. According to me, the plot seems loose & boring. At the first place, Y shud SB be denied the truth of her son's death? hmmm πŸ˜• still raking my brain on that 

Did they expect SB to hv an attack wen she hears the news of her son molesting Jeevika & trying to kill maanvi? have they expected the attack for SB.. i guess not πŸ˜†

SB was shown to be a woman of power & utmost mental strength from the beginning of the show & Wer's that gone? sometimes these things are beyond my understand.. she is always been the woman of strength and one more thing is why would she get so much shocked as she did not rise karan all his life.. she doesn't know his likes and dislikes forget about his attitude... I guess that amount of shock ... will be received only when she had raised her son and who enacted being the best of the best .. but she had known him for a couple of months and so heart stroke for the truth is a bit OTT as it (bua's attack) will be a catalyst Viren's wrath on Jeevika for the separation ...so the strong SB is made weak and gave her a stroke to anger and infuriate Viren against Jeevika 

The couple who were always shown to be so into each other getting separated fr such a fickle reason's the last nail in the coffin.  Getting separated from his wife just because she reveals the truth of her being molested is absolute absurdity. Forget an always romantic husband, Even a normal husband wudnt think of that. Here, Viren knows about the torture Jeevika, Virat & Maanvi hd to go thru during the Karan Fiasco.Why wud he want Jeevika to go thru the same again by being separated from him? I think i will have to make another post for this .. but alll your arguments are so spot on .. 

If Viren does justice to badi maa, then what about Jeevika? I deduce that portraying impossibly perfect characters is always a pain. Especially wen u've done extraordinarily good things in the past, u jus cant flaw without looking stupid in the present.--- this is so true Gowri.. Viren has always been the most perfect guy on TV . be it in any relation . ... that he was above all other characters and made a perfectly perfect character out of him.. but now to add the humanly flawed natue to his perfectly perfect character is without actual strong reasoning seems lame and absurd... If Jeevika and Viren had a split during abortion then that would have been brilliant .. but those days they wanted to show how Viren stands by Jeevika which is very much appreciated .. but that took away the human nature of his character... but now to show him humanly flawed is lame and absurd,..

Loads of questions, No sensible answers! Great CV's, Go ahead! Cinematic liberty is one thing, but Liberty seems a bit too overstretched here. ki- i think the show overpassed the cinematic liberties long time back when Maanvi was walkinng around without bone marrow for 3 days πŸ˜†

The only positive that came across the track is We've been spared of the constant blushes & the constant nokhjhoks. Seriously, that was getting a bit irritating.
well whatever reason it is ... with this track we are spared of constant forced nokhoks of VirMan and constant blushes of Virika... 

PS : People, U can bash me left & right fr watever i've written. But i do guess u've enuf brains to understand that I've been talking the whole while about some fictional characters who are at the mercy of the writers. - me toh tired of saying this bold line .. characters are at the mercy of writers..and nothing more.. good or bad .. CVs are the one who make the characters the way they are ...

lol i can't believe i typed such a long replyy @2:40 am...

baaki replies tomorrow .. πŸ˜³  
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

my reply in blue and my disclaimer in the beginning still stands valid...πŸ˜†

I guess she has changed her views on if she should tell the truth. I wasn't watching much in December and early January. Yet I think now that she has seen that Bua will not let it go until she knows may have tipped the scale for her. Even after the picnic and the fun they all that, on returning the mood was reset and those Karan emotions were back. Agreed they switched too early but also Jeevika has always told the family the truth first off even if Viren has not wanted to. For example when she has aborted her child.

The problem with Viren is that he has been shown as an honest lawyer. He's not a defense lawyer who gets off criminals. Yet it's not hiding from the law, he's hiding the truth from someone near to him as he thinks they are unable to handle it. Even though it is their right and progative to know the facts relating to their sons death. He's not thinking as a Viren the lawyer but as Viren the son and even if he knows the truth can't be hidden he still trying to bury it as long as possible to salvage that pain. I don't agree with his actions but I can see where they are coming from.

They need to write their characters with the conviction in their actions. Some is there but most is lacking for them to have a real reason to feel that emotion.