Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Did the Masses ever like SRK?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Franco

IF-Sizzlerz

Franco

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
People say he has lost that audience now but if the so called Masses are "uneducated taxi/richshaw low class lowest common denomators"

People like that would not like DDLJ KKHH K3G KHNH KANK  etc.  and most likely could not even comprehend films like Swades CDI Devdas Asoka Dil Se

His most massy films was OSO and MHN and everyone loved them

There is also Don Series but that is class and Mass

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did the Masses ever like SRK?" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

abby_girl30

IF-Rockerz

abby_girl30

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
SRK's main audience is the middle-class...especially girls

I don't know how the system of masses and classes work but every actor has a certain fan base

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Being-Anonymous-Castiel-Nkapoor3.khoobsurat.

abby_girl30

IF-Rockerz

abby_girl30

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveKatrinaKaif

Originally posted by abby_girl30

I don't know how the system of masses and classes work but every actor has a certain fan base

ok if srk's main audience is the middle-class then what is salman, akshay, ajay's main audience, the upper class?Confused

See I don't know who's fan base is what but I know SRK is loved by middle class...at least the ones in Delhi do Big smile

Edited by abby_girl30 - 19 January 2013 at 4:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

Being-Anonymous

Groupbie

Being-Anonymous

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoveKatrinaKaif

Originally posted by abby_girl30

ok if srk's main audience is the middle-class then what is salman, akshay, ajay's main audience, the upper class?Confused

I know you are being sarcastic but I dont think upper/elite class is anyone's audience other than audiencing actors-actresses perform at their kids' weddings. Sleepy

On topic: I second abby_girl30, with his charm and probably non filmy middle class upbringing, as a person he is more of a middle class sweetheart and its good for him.

Edited by Being-Anonymous - 19 January 2013 at 5:04pm

abby_girl30

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
I don't think that the masses or the classes...like particular stars...its the kind of movie that is different for both of them ...not the stars...SRK does the kind of movies that appeals to the classes mainly ...thats why he is more popular among the multiplex audience and overseas...no one can beat him there...if tomorrow he starts doing massy movies ...the masses will flock at his movies...so its not SRK but the kind of movies...

And before any one jumps at my throat for using the term classes and masses...its the term that was created by the critics, media and BW itself to analyse who likes what movies...I have heard stars say themselves that..oh i put this item song to attract the masses...or..my movie is a massy movie...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Karanika-KMHanitaranioblivious.Franco

Franco

IF-Sizzlerz

Franco

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

I don't think that the masses or the classes...like particular stars...its the kind of movie that is different for both of them ...not the stars...SRK does the kind of movies that appeals to the classes mainly ...thats why he is more popular among the multiplex audience and overseas...no one can beat him there...if tomorrow he starts doing massy movies ...the masses will flock at his movies...so its not SRK but the kind of movies...

And before any one jumps at my throat for using the term classes and masses...its the term that was created by the critics, media and BW itself to analyse who likes what movies...I have heard stars say themselves that..oh i put this item song to attract the masses...or..my movie is a massy movie...

Correct 

But then why do I read this crap that he is lost audience and that stuff it id very confusing.

I truly believe whether anyone agress with me or not that the audience that watches Masala films especially Salmans movies are new to films or have come after a long lull. They stopped watching and now they are again. Pre 2009 Multiplex was more important than any other audience now the equation has changed.

wat_up

IF-Stunnerz

wat_up

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
I dont think audience can be sterotyoed into masses and classes because a mass movie can be enjoyed by the same who like movies that supposedly classy!! (Because to me classy meant arty movies not commercial ) 

To me regarding SRK main hoon na and OSO are massy movie and outta these two I liked  main hoon na 

Whereas kal ho na ho. And VZ Id put  in classy and I enjoyed both (though it seems massy and classy mixed)

And these above movies worked ..

Edited by wat_up - 19 January 2013 at 6:48pm

LavaLips___

LavaLips___

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 7:17pm | IP Logged
Main Hoon Naa and OSO instantly come 2 mind when i think of srk doing "MASSY" films..while the latter became the most successful movie of 2007,MHN was preety successful 2(I liked MHN more..it was darn cute),so to ur question,yaa the mases does like him as both the movies were blockbusters

KkkkkingKhan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top