Page 2 Page 2

FIZK6

IF-Sizzlerz

FIZK6

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Angad Hasija: From villain to cop

Published: Sunday, Jan 20, 2013, 2:12 IST
By Chaya Unnikrishnan | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

He made his debut with an unconventional role and that pretty much defines actor Angad Hasija, who will now be seen in a thriller

From Bidaai to the forthcoming Savitri, how has your journey been?
It has undoubtedly been enduring, emotional and with lots of ups and down. I am from Punjab and when I came to Mumbai with the dream of becoming an actor, I had no one here who could help me. I made my debut playing an unconventional role, that of the schizophrenic Alekh in Bidaai. I had to look nervous and mentally unstable, so I worked on my mannerism and expressions. I still remember how initially Rajan sir (producer Rajan Shahi) had asked me to tone down my body for the role. During Bidaai, I also did my first reality show Zara Nach Ke Dikha. I gradually became a good dancer in the show and when I got eliminated Shilpa Shetty who was the judge cried and walked out, which was very touching for me.

Go on...
I am happy that after Bidaai, I did not get typecast. After playing a mentally challenged role, I took up a rustic character with grey shades in Phulwa. Shankar (his character in the serial) was from UP and for a person like me who has a strong Punjabi accent it was a challenge. That was followed by the positive Aditya in Ram Milayee Jodi, in which I played a sweet and self-made guy. Though my entry was quite late in the show, I was appreciated. Now, I am super charged to play the character of a cop, Dev, in Savitri because of the versatility in the character. Also, Dev is a stylish cop, the kind you haven't seen on Indian television. It's ironical that after playing the villainous Shankar who was hired for killing people in Phulwa, now I am playing a cop, who will help the protagonist Riddhi Dogra in her mission to find her missing husband! The novelty of the show is the grandeur in the way it is shot.

What about films?
I was offered a prominent role in a big film during Bidaai, but I couldn't take it up it as I was doing a daily soap. I have done Punjabi music videos and have been offered Punjabi films too. If the role makes a difference to the story (may be an important cameo) and the producer or director of the film are well-known, I will consider doing it. I am open to doing multi-starrers too where all characters are well-etched. Now-a-days TV actors get good roles in films, but I am not going to quit TV for films as TV has made me what I am.

Edited by FIZK6 - 28 January 2013 at 4:12am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nidzlovekinrulsnowhitepinkzzyanks28

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Angad - From Villian To Cop (UPDATED)" in Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zan101

IF-Sizzlerz

zan101

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 5:28am | IP Logged
waiting for him to come bk

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AngadPariAddict

krithikas

IF-Sizzlerz

krithikas

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing..

FIZK6

nidzlovekinrul

Goldie

nidzlovekinrul

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing.Best of luck Angad :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AngadPariAddictFIZK6

AngadPariAddict

IF-Sizzlerz

AngadPariAddict

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
All i say dt I CANT WAITtT bbyyy
thnx fr postng

FIZK6

yanks28

IF-Sizzlerz

yanks28

Posted: 25 January 2013 at 9:33am | IP Logged
TFS

love you Angaddd <3

AngadPariAddictFIZK6

FIZK6

IF-Sizzlerz

FIZK6

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Savitri is expected to start on  February 18th.

AngadPariAddictyanks28

AngadPariAddict

IF-Sizzlerz

AngadPariAddict

Posted: 28 January 2013 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FIZK6

Savitri is expected to start on  February 18th.
omgggShockedShockedShockedwho told yrShockednd wenShocked means timingShocked

Post Reply New Post

Go to top