Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

Yes! ðŸ˜† You've never heard of it? It was really really popular, and more so, the couple was extremely popular. 

No I havent... On what channel?

I can imagine their popularity... HAve been a Zee/Sony panka until the last 3 yr when expanded  the shows I see star plus too..

Let me see if theres anything on YT.
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: prejudiced

No I havent... On what channel?

I can imagine their popularity... HAve been a Zee/Sony panka until the last 3 yr when expanded  the shows I see star plus too..

Let me see if theres anything on YT.

It was on Star Plus. From 2003-2007.

LOL, all the Baruns and GCs we have today is nothing compared to the popularity and success the senior actors had back in the day. That was a wonderful era, actually. Every actor was famous or enjoying immense popularity, their shows were going great as well... it was just a different era. 
nikita_88 thumbnail
Back in the day's Star Plus line up was something else... I miss TV with Ekta leading the way - no show can still match the same heights!

I can still recite it - you wouldn't move from your TV sets 

8pm - KZK (Prerna and Mr B/ Anu, Prem and Mukti)
8.30 - KGGK (Sakshi)
9 - Kayamath (Neev and Prachi)
9.30 - KAA (Shiv and Gauri) (Iqbal days esp) There was KvayaAnjali before that! ðŸ˜†
10 - Kahin To (Sujal and Kashish)
10.30 - Kyunki (Various pairs)

I mean TV is experimenting and trying to be different but every track can be found in an Ekta show... the only change is the concept at the start... 

IPK - was the worst offender - it could never be a Kutumb! (Arnav and Khushi can never match up to Pratham and Gauri)... The show as called IPK 🤣 That was Pratham and Gauri's tune! 
The only difference was the characters - Pratham was not serious Arnav was Khushi was a nutcase and Gauri was serious and smart! 
Basically Khushi became Pratham's character and Arnav was Gauri's character! 
But in essence the story was just the same! 
And all the angry-ness was stole from Angad and Kripa! ðŸ˜†
Edited by nikita_88 - 11 years ago
nikita_88 thumbnail
There is no way that you can have an ILU like this on TV anymore with out big dramatic build up and tons of articles about it! 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmxpAjnHECc&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]
nikita_88 thumbnail
Even his proposal - there was nothing huge about it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rXgChP8RQ&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]
petrichorr thumbnail
Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

It was on Star Plus. From 2003-2007.

LOL, all the Baruns and GCs we have today is nothing compared to the popularity and success the senior actors had back in the day. That was a wonderful era, actually. Every actor was famous or enjoying immense popularity, their shows were going great as well... it was just a different era. 

Absolutely!

Between Koshish, Astitva, Jassi, Kutumb, Saloni   I had my evenings booked solid!
The shows then were phenomenal...and so were the actors...
petrichorr thumbnail
Originally posted by: nikita_88

Even his proposal - there was nothing huge about it

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rXgChP8RQ&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

If I were to look back, to me it seems like this was THE best work of ekta Ji...
Towards the end the usual stretching and what not and Kutumb 2 was so so..
but over all, Pratm-Gauri and Kutumb is one jodi/serial not one soul wouldve not liked...

Simply fabulous work.
Originally posted by: nikita_88

Back in the day's Star Plus line up was something else... I miss TV with Ekta leading the way - no show can still match the same heights!

I can still recite it - you wouldn't move from your TV sets 

8pm - KZK (Prerna and Mr B/ Anu, Prem and Mukti)
8.30 - KGGK (Sakshi)
9 - Kayamath (Neev and Prachi)
9.30 - KAA (Shiv and Gauri) (Iqbal days esp) There was KvayaAnjali before that! ðŸ˜†
10 - Kahin To (Sujal and Kashish)
10.30 - Kyunki (Various pairs)

I mean TV is experimenting and trying to be different but every track can be found in an Ekta show... the only change is the concept at the start... 

IPK - was the worst offender - it could never be a Kutumb! (Arnav and Khushi can never match up to Pratham and Gauri)... The show as called IPK 🤣 That was Pratham and Gauri's tune! 
The only difference was the characters - Pratham was not serious Arnav was Khushi was a nutcase and Gauri was serious and smart! 
Basically Khushi became Pratham's character and Arnav was Gauri's character! 
But in essence the story was just the same! 
And all the angry-ness was stole from Angad and Kripa! ðŸ˜†

LOL, so true!! I never watched all these shows in a single time on TV, but it seemed like if I were into Ekta's soaps I wouldn't have a social life, let alone getting off from the couch. ðŸ˜†

That is an interesting analysis of IPK! Never watched Kutumb, but  there is absolutely nothing original about IPK. What was in that serial was done before in Ekta's shows and that too, 10x better. The only thing that IPK had was slapstick scenes and that is not a compliment. It made the show look like a complete idiot. 

But I can't understand how fans love it so passionately. It's the same stuff just on different actors. 
Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 11 years ago
Niki, the videos you shared, it just makes me disappointed how much TV has changed. Well, actors these days say TV has changed for the better but I don't think so. Ekta's old shows were gold man. No matter how much people dislike her, it's a fact that she made some beautiful shows and even more beautiful couples.

Pratham and Gauri's proposals to each other were sooo simple yet so heartfelt. These days, like someone said, nothing gets done without some dramatic effects. Honestly, it was those shows that really touched your heart. I just wish all these current shows from channels were scrapped and the old ones were put back on. ðŸ˜†

Is KW friends with everyone? ðŸ˜† LOL, even people from MTV.