Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

shubhika124

IF-Sizzlerz

shubhika124

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:14am | IP Logged

Discussion Of The Week

Blind Obedience

We are ought to obey our parents , elders uncritically - This is what we are taught since birth. Never say never to them , 'always' obey them . For me this conception was broken by my very cool moral education teacher who insisted the use of 'often' instead of 'always' . Elders cannot be always right , she said.

Lets go back to history. Pandavas were favorite of Bhishma Pitamah & Dronacharya. But they did fight with them because they knew they are fighting for their right while the latter for their loyalty. 

Now coming to Punar Vivah. Suraj Pratap Scindiya is a man of pseudo pride & inflated glory. He abandoned Aarti because of his traditionally patriarchal thinking , but what about rest of the members? Pankaj is a modern day's lawyer. Prateek carries novel ideologies & above all is Paridhi . But they all are quiet because they cannot go against their father & are ought to obey them.

How far Is such blind obedience endurable? Comment.

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

Neelaalikhanvesukeerthus.9Diannnirmalac99jyoti_10padmavarsunitha02snowypatches02aimfAnu_4_U-RohanMuskan-akui1984AnushaGK-AarYaholic-RA17_Ms.Foxy.Angel_kmfan_2ana56gafulu14-Thabassum--MaanKiThush-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ".!! DOTW - Blind Obedience !!." in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ana56

IF-Sizzlerz

ana56

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
to me personally it is must to obey my elders
as i know that they r right
but whenever i feel that they r not right or might be wrong so my family has given me the right to speak
so i raise my voice and my voice is being heard by them

In PV i have seen that all the three brothers and their wives are obedient or shud i say over obedient towards their parents
y the hell cant they speak up for their rights
i m glad that atleast yashu stood for right
my POV is that elders are not always right we shud disobey them the times when we feel that they r not right
and ya if we disobey then that doesnt mean that we have lost respect for them
we respect them but that doesnt mean that we shud follow them blindly

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Neelaalikhanpadmavarsnowypatches02psaniyaAnu_4_U-AarYaholic-akui1984kmfan_2shubhika124gafulu14-Thabassum-

kmfan_2

IF-Sizzlerz

kmfan_2

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 4:47am | IP Logged
Obedience they say is - Compliance with someone's wishes or orders or acknowledgment of their authority - .Submission to a law or rule.

Coming to whether it is endurable or not?

Obeying your elders is fine ...but I would rather call it respect their opinions than obey them blindly...because many times they DO have the experience of life a lot more than youngsters mainly because of the fact that they were here earlier than their kids...

Should that always make them a better judge?? Not necessarily...

It is important that youngsters should bring to light their viewpoints in a nice way without hurting their sentiments...just remaining silent and following them blindly is not the answer - more so when it involves MAJOR decisions in the family.

Many time elders after reflecting on what their youngsters are saying DO accept and appreciate their viewpoints too...

So - respecting them cannot be combined with blind obedience!

You can always have a different point of view and yet respect your elders.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Neelaalikhansnowypatches02Anu_4_Uakui1984-AarYaholic-shubhika124ana56gafulu14-Thabassum-

-AarYaholic-

IF-Rockerz

-AarYaholic-

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 8:54am | IP Logged
I honestly believe and follow this, a person deserves respect because of his beliefs, behaviour and benevolence...age is a secondary factor!

All things said, if the person's thoughts are not acceptable even after a lot of thinking and nail-biting..its best to try to convince your position to the person in question..(the way ana56 has put), if the conflicts persist, the next best thing is to choose your way, because I don't think anyone should compromise on their beliefs no matter how much influential the other person is

I agree with kmfan_2, the person may be experienced in most of the matters than you...but it is finally your own decision whether to go with your beliefs or just go with what you've never understood/accepted as a way to deal with an issue

I feel I can share a lot of personal experience here, you are stuck in a resolute crisis but you have planned a way out of it...a person whom you trust and respect tells you to further compromise because he/she thinks its best to do so at that point...do you stop thinking? do you stop caring for your own self ? Well some don't...in the show, Yash had chosen his way, because he knew what ass right at that moment
He knew that he had to stand by what was best at that moment

Incidentally...I am reminded of Gurmeet's Ramayan ...Lord Ram was forced to leave Seeta because of the then existing constraints put by his people...Yash has on the contrary supported his wife (I know there's no relation whatsoever other than the actor)

Coming to the others...they are quiet because of the deep rooted respect for their father, its as bad as a crime to go against the person they've admired

Its not wrong to respect someone...provided, your brains are functioning well and you make their use regularly!!

Thanks for bringing up this wonderful Topic

Hoping to see more views soon Smile

Edited by Frozen007 - 21 January 2013 at 12:27am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Neelaalikhansnowypatches02Anu_4_Uakui1984kmfan_2gafulu14

gafulu14

IF-Stunnerz

gafulu14

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
thanks

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu_4_Ukmfan_2

snowypatches02

Goldie

snowypatches02

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 5:43pm | IP Logged
Clap Awesome topic and a very sensitive one and each and every individual has to evaluate it to apply it in their day to day lives and to be honest OBEDIENCE is practically disappeared from the dictionary of human beings in this day and age on a very large scale.  Modern times and advancement of technologies have given independence to view points of general public and obedience is not so easy to follow.  Everybody wants to do their own thing they know better.  I am not saying to be obedient blindly - I was brought up to be obedient and I was as well but I would say that I was very lucky to have so loving and caring parents that it didn't even cross my mind not to obey - we had a lovely relationship even after marriage respected and listened to the parents but times have changed and children are very advanced they don't even listen let alone obey.  Obedience comes from heart and with correct reason and if you have faith in your parents there is no question.  But I am against people demanding respect and obedience - these type of people destroy the lives of their children have actually experienced in our family and similarly I respected and admired the character of Yash how though he loved his father but knew his father was wrong in this instance of Ansh so stood his ground - Papa Sindhya expected Yash to be obedient and do as he wanted him too he was outrightly being so rude and disrespectful of Aarti by calling her AURAT and that was unjustified and angered Yash the whole scenario was wrong and Yash understood that so he had good reason to stand his ground and do what was right and that was to support Aarti all the way DISOBEDIENCE IN PAPA SCINDHYA'S EYES but a correct decision from Yash's point of view. 

Edited by snowypatches02 - 19 January 2013 at 5:42pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NeelaalikhanAnu_4_U-AarYaholic-anithukmfan_2gafulu14

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Ms.Foxy.Angel_

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 8:55am | IP Logged
awesome post.Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gafulu14

c3cilia

Goldie

c3cilia

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
I'd speak out regardless of my parent's rules.
There's nothing wrong in expressing what i feel is right.
Just as right as they are .. i could be as right too.
Therefore, if i'm in these people's shoes -- i'll speak out ..
not for YASH/AARTI but for what i believe is right!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Anu_4_Ugafulu14

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.