Book Talk

the shiva trilogy...! (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 4:49am | IP Logged
I like another part ...after Sati's trial of fire...Sati and Shiva were talking to each other. Sati gave the example of the Sun and the Earth...and said why she and he could not be united...here she accepted Shiva's love for her but refused to give it her approval...there conversation was really worth to read...so platonic yet passionate.

Edited by DeewaniRimi - 12 April 2013 at 4:50am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "the shiva trilogy...! (Page 7)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

somergasm.

IF-Sizzlerz

somergasm.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DeewaniRimi

I like another part ...after Sati's trial of fire...Sati and Shiva were talking to each other. Sati gave the example of the Sun and the Earth...and said why she and he could not be united...here she accepted Shiva's love for her but refused to give it her approval...there conversation was really worth to read...so platonic yet passionate.
Yes. It was mind blowing!

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 9:47am | IP Logged
Hey you know after the trial of fire of Sati, the next day when they returned from Karachapa...a village was attacked by the Nagas...and the way Shiva first time revealed his identity and inspired his soldiers and villagers to counter attack on them...that was really charismatic...
And we always fantasized about how one could confess his/her love perfectly?? During that war it was described well... you don't need expensive gifts, place etc...you just need to show your unconditional care and concern for that lucky person...there the way Sati came between the Agni Vaan, poison arrow and Shiva and took the impact on her...she showed how much she cared for Shiva, and loved him...and Shiva became mad in anger not only severed that Naga's head but chopped his corpse...untill Sati called him for her help...
And the way he always stayed with her...argued with Ayarvati...to give her medicines and Somaras...I really liked him very much. And finally he ended the vikarma law...not for Sati's sake but also for others vikarmiks from every class because he personally thought that law unjust...I liked his fair and equal views for people of every class.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

somergasm.

somergasm.

IF-Sizzlerz

somergasm.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 12 April 2013 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
^but people thought it was done only for Sati.

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -iLoveSobti-

^but people thought it was done only for Sati.

Well...I feel really sorry for those people who think like that...
If Shiva wanted to save Sati from the Vikarma law he could easily do that by marrying her...even her father emperor Daksha wanted the same...he just wanted to save her daughter from the cruel law but he wanted to unchanged it for the rest of people...he told that to Shiva that he is the Neelkanth, the prophesied savior of the Meluhans...if he wanted something no laws and codes could stop him. But instead of taking advantage of his being the Neelkanth he chose to banished that law from the society forever...remember when Sati was hit by the Agni Vaan...emperor Daksha came to see her. There he proposed Shiva for Sati what he readily agreed and then he asked the emperor  about the law. When Daksha said that wouldn't be matter Shiva clearly clarified that he didn't want any favour...he want a fair and equal law for all. After that Daksha asked his prime minister to make necessary papers to banish that law from the royal and noble families but Shiva protested and said he wanted to end that law for everyone from every class...that proves Shiva didn't do this for Sati only...
And the most important fact is if Shiva did that only for Sati...Sati wouldn't marry him...he knew how much dignified and self esteem   did Sati have??? She wanted Shiva's love with respect first and then his love with care, affection, support etc...remember why Sati became very happy when Shiva agreed to let her fight with Tarak at Karchapa???...because that day he didn't want to protect her but having trust and faith on her skills and ability he support her for he trial of fire..and by that way he paid his due respect towards her...that was the another reason Sati couldn't pushed Shiva back for long...
And another point is...if I take that Shiva did everything for Sati...then the pain he felt for the other vikarmiks and in Karchapa when he touched Drapaku's father's feet to take his blessings...did these all feelings derived in him only for Sati???
If yes then I must say love is very powerful weapon...it changed a person within a moment...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

somergasm.

somergasm.

IF-Sizzlerz

somergasm.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Very well said!
Shiva abolished the vikarma law for all, not only for Sati in particular.

Another interesting aspect of the series is how Daksha hid Ganesh and Kali's existence from Sati for nearly 90 years. Kali and Ganesh's existence is later revealed when Sati goes to Icchawar to fight the ligers.

I swear I never thought the Lord Of People was Sati's first child and Queen of Nagas her sister. It was a shocking revelation.

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Actually I anticipate that for some reason Lord of People had soft corner for Sati...and Queen of Naga was angry on her...but when the secret revealed and after that Sati's broken stage...I was shocked and overwhelmed. Shocked because really how much pain and grievance she had to bear as till then she knew that she gave birth a still born. It is very hard for a mother...but then she found out that her son was alive and was hidden from her by her father to whom she trusted and loved the most...and overwhelmed to see her motherly feelings how readily accepted Ganesh as her son...and when Ganesh asked her that was his ugliness was the reason behind of his separation from her...she cried a lot and asked his forgiveness and promised him not to leave again..and she fulfilled her promise.not only she took Ganesh back  with her in Kashi...she also didn't leave Kali behind. She wholeheartedly and happily accepted Kali as her twin sister and Ganesh as her first son...and when they raised question what would her husband Shiva say...she silenced them by saying that he also considered them as his family...though due to a misunderstanding Shiva didn't accepted Ganesh as his son but he didn't reject him either and considered Kali as his family member as she is Sati's sister... 

DeewaniRimi

IF-Dazzler

DeewaniRimi

Posted: 13 April 2013 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Though you know I find that many people can't digest that fact ...Ganesh is Sati's first child but not from Shiva...
So many people can't accept that Sati was married before Shiva's arrival...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top