pontiacbandit thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: DeewaniRimi

Okay then...lets start...:-)

what's ur fav. part in the book/

DeewaniRimi thumbnail
well mine fav .there are so many...
I will like to mention first about the first meeting of Shiva and Sati at Mohan jo Daro...where Sati visited Brahma temple with Kritika...Shiva was sitting on the temple steps...and gazing at Sati..that part was amazing.

DeewaniRimi thumbnail
And after the visit when Sati came out and then the naga warrior attacked her...Shiva and Sati fought together...and the most impressf the world tive part of that fight was they completely read and anticipate what move would another one take next...and after fight their introduction.where Sati didn't speak much...but Shiva was sure that he finally found his soul mate...his words that he would go the end of this world to find her is fantastic...that proves he really wanted her with him...
pontiacbandit thumbnail
I really loved the part where Shiva asks Drapaku's father to bless him though he being a Vikarma.
I love Shiva.
When Sati provokes agnipariksha against the other guy, Brihaspati says that he would kill him. I loved that part!
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Yeah...that part is also amazing...specially when Shiva mentioned that he did his shuddhikaran previously when he touched Sati(she too was vikaramik) to keep her words as he loved her. But he didn't believe the vikarma system...and when he took belssings from Drapaku's  father...I found some of our social reformer's shaddow in him.
ANd the Agni Parksha or fire trial at Karachampa was really amazing...the knife fighting gave me goose bumps...and Shiva and Brihaspati's bonding as friend was really very enjoyable ...
pontiacbandit thumbnail

Yeah...that part is also amazing...specially when Shiva mentioned that he did his shuddhikaran previously when he touched Sati(she too was vikaramik) to keep her words as he loved her. But he didn't believe the vikarma system...and when he took belssings from Drapaku's  father...I found some of our social reformer's shaddow in him.
ANd the Agni Parksha or fire trial at Karachampa was really amazing...the knife fighting gave me goose bumps...and Shiva and Brihaspati's bonding as friend was really very enjoyable ...

Yes. It was so brilliantly written!
And in the end Sati forgives that guy also!
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
That shows Sati's nature...she is really a Goddess, or mother Goddess here...if she kills she saves too...I like that very much.
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
I like another part ...after Sati's trial of fire...Sati and Shiva were talking to each other. Sati gave the example of the Sun and the Earth...and said why she and he could not be united...here she accepted Shiva's love for her but refused to give it her approval...there conversation was really worth to read...so platonic yet passionate. Edited by DeewaniRimi - 11 years ago
pontiacbandit thumbnail

I like another part ...after Sati's trial of fire...Sati and Shiva were talking to each other. Sati gave the example of the Sun and the Earth...and said why she and he could not be united...here she accepted Shiva's love for her but refused to give it her approval...there conversation was really worth to read...so platonic yet passionate.

Yes. It was mind blowing!
DeewaniRimi thumbnail
Hey you know after the trial of fire of Sati, the next day when they returned from Karachapa...a village was attacked by the Nagas...and the way Shiva first time revealed his identity and inspired his soldiers and villagers to counter attack on them...that was really charismatic...
And we always fantasized about how one could confess his/her love perfectly?? During that war it was described well... you don't need expensive gifts, place etc...you just need to show your unconditional care and concern for that lucky person...there the way Sati came between the Agni Vaan, poison arrow and Shiva and took the impact on her...she showed how much she cared for Shiva, and loved him...and Shiva became mad in anger not only severed that Naga's head but chopped his corpse...untill Sati called him for her help...
And the way he always stayed with her...argued with Ayarvati...to give her medicines and Somaras...I really liked him very much. And finally he ended the vikarma law...not for Sati's sake but also for others vikarmiks from every class because he personally thought that law unjust...I liked his fair and equal views for people of every class.