Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Sophiya Haque Passes away ... :(

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ashdgr8

IF-Rockerz

ashdgr8

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Actress Sophiya Haque, best known for her stint as a video jockey on MTV, passed away in London on Thursday morning. According to sources, she was diagnosed with cancer and had been admitted to a London hospital for treatment for close to a week. After a successful stint as a VJ, Sophiya tried her hand in acting and appeared in a film called 'Snip'. The actress also dabbled in modelling and appeared in a song in 'Mangal Pandey'.

Born in Portsmouth to a Bangladeshi father and a British mother, Haque had moved to Mumbai in 1997 to try her luck in films and became a well known VJ. She moved back to London in 2002 and featured in Andrew Lyod Webber's Bombay Dreams and took a leading role in the musical adaptation of The Far Pavilions.

The news of her demise was first tweeted by one of her close friends. Soon, several celebrities expressed shock and grief over her untimely demise on the micro blogging site.

Sophiya Haque

Pooja Bhatt: Tragic news about Sophiya Haque. One of the most gorgeous women to have walked this planet... Shine on where-ever it is you now are luv...(sic)

Derek O'Brien: Sophia Haque was my guest on the Bournvita Quiz Contest in the mid 1990s... Vivacious,sexy,articulate.Gone too soon(sic)

Lisa Ray: RIP Sophia Haque, my beautiful, vivacious old friend. (sic)

Vishal Dadlani: RIP Sophiya Haque, who along with Danny McGill + Nonie, started a revolution as India's first VJ's on MTV.They were proper megastars in '93. (sic)

R Madhavan: RIP..Sophiya Haque, 1 of early VJ's in MTV, Cadbury model.Cannot forget her in "September Madathil in Alaipayuthe.Shocked and Saddened.(sic)

Kabir Bedi: Saddened by the passing of Sophiya Haque, friend & talented actress, who I acted with in "Far Pavilions", London West End.(sic)

Sophie Choudhry ?@Sophie_Choudry: Whn I moved here,u moved to my city.We barely met but I had grt respect 4 u & ur work! RIP #SophiyaHaque Artist,Iconic VJ,Dancer,Trendsetter

Dia Mirza @deespeak: RIP Sophiya Haque... I'll never forget you dancing with abandon onto the cricket field in the cadbury commercial...

Vishal Dadlani @V1SH4L: RIP Sophiya Haque, who along with Danny McGill + Nonie, started a revolution as India's first VJ's on MTV.They were proper megastars in '93.

Tejaswini Kolhapure @TejuKolhapure: Sad very sad about #SophiyaHaque ... Don't want to add how what when .. Guess news will run it now ! God bless her soul, too young to die !

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sophiya Haque Passes away ... :(" in Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che! forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TheBoss

IF-Dazzler

TheBoss

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Holy shit. Rest in peace. She used to be so hot. Beautiful people always go first. Cry

May her soul rest in peace

-Viewer-

-Viewer-

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
Rest in peace ..God bless her soul

Gujar

IF-Rockerz

Gujar

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Shocking!  God rest her soul

Mahek_No1

IF-Rockerz

Mahek_No1

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Shocking, RIP

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.