Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

KTLK: Need of hour- (MUST READ) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 16

Krrish4You

IF-Rockerz

Krrish4You

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:42am | IP Logged
Thank you so much, Roza.. Yep! Repeatative sense of screenplay writing hs hurt story of ktlk very much..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Roza_DUttrocks

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KTLK: Need of hour- (MUST READ) (Page 6)" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Krrish4You

IF-Rockerz

Krrish4You

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Thank you so much, TTrocks, yeah! Promotions for this show hs always been put on back burner.. Seriously dnt knw the actual reason behind it.. What u mentioned abt BKM, the other sub plots they cud easily played with help of jagan's character.. Cvs cud hv shown he collecting all the required hints to take on ashni.. Bt baaahhh.. Cvs nt keen on it..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ttrocks

ttrocks

IF-Sizzlerz

ttrocks

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Roza_DU

Thoughtful post Harshal...
Think the main problem is cvs repeat things & some sequences are predictable...sometimes there has been a lack of consistency in the story..I still don't understand why they have shown Khushi track..jes Khushise Ashu ethna attached tha ab uskee naam bhi nahi leta ...
    They have been showing same AShu & Nidhi without exploring other side of their character...still Ashu thinks Nidhi bachkane harkate kadte hai & keeps scolding her..don't think people like repetition..
I also think that they should bring back some old characters specially Aarman & should give more screen presence to Ranji, CB,DB to add some spice...
    present track is emotional & the actors got good opportunity to show their talents but yesterday it seemed to be repetitive...

I second you Rozaji... Hug
Good that Ashu isnt thinking of khushi... Do din se uski shakal dekhker hi irritation ho rahi hai, achcha hai usne phirse kuch OTT behave nahi kiya... I think, when he knew that khushi tried to injure Nidhi, he lost his OCD for her afterwards... Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Roza_DUSG200rajanigandha26sonyjknumKrrish4You

Krrish4You

IF-Rockerz

Krrish4You

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Tupu, khushi ka presence in last couple of epis ws yuck... Bt ashu's desire is still smething many dnt look at it properly.. It hurts..

ttrocks

ttrocks

IF-Sizzlerz

ttrocks

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Emotional .. for BB - AshNi
Dramatic for Ashu vs Nidhi. ..vis a vis difference in approach..
But even a purely emotional track like this has to work... its worrisome..
Tanuji, I think many viewers dont even know that such a track has been introduced in ktlk.Due to late timeslot, ppl hard it find to watch this show & no promos/marketing at all for the show to make the viewers curious. I see promos for all other sony shows lot many times a day, even the weekend shows too are much promoted but sadly not a single promo at all for ktlk... Ouch

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Roza_DUKrrish4You

parmarA

IF-Sizzlerz

parmarA

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Ithsame i agree with you in every point.I even agree with babay track too.You are right that this serial can't move on without baby track.only happiness not lead the serial for long.And we have  limited characters.So it is became circle.Firstly BKM they didn't got that plot agai,so they lost that track.Rohan,Armaan they didn't gave importance to this characters on that time.I think cv" problem is that theycouldn't execute the track properly of may be hat ke dikhane ke chakar me woh khud track se hut gaye.And sometime it became blooper.I didn't blame only kp ji.When negetativity came we started shouting [see in Mallika's track] and again motherhood.But the main character should be convience first.Another hurdle is main characters injury,which lead cv to change the track according to the condition.Don't tell me that,"yeh kuchh jyada to nahi ho gaya?" thanks ithsame for the truely deserving post.

Krrish4You

ttrocks

IF-Sizzlerz

ttrocks

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ithasme

Tupu, khushi ka presence in last couple of epis ws yuck... Bt ashu's desire is still smething many dnt look at it properly.. It hurts..
If Ashu still has OCD for khushi then it will be a total disaster for ktlk now... Because now the merciless trp chart is there Harshalji LOL

But, yes, Ashu's yearning for his biological child is something that cant be put on hold for long - that is for sure. And, I believe that AshNi baby too will come eventually but first they need to concentrate on many other things and of course proper marketing of the show. To me it doesnt make much difference whether AshNi has their baby or not. I am happy without their baby also, as far as no khushi, no mallu are there!!

KTLK is by far the best show on TV and far better than other shows of the same PH. Hope they stop being disrespectful to their loyal viewers & do something creative rather than repetitive.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SG200Krrish4Yourajanigandha26sonyjknum

Sujatha.rao

IF-Rockerz

Sujatha.rao

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Harshal, I do not comment on the forum for reasons of my own...but today, your post has forced me to break my silence...

Each and every word of your post is spot on...despite your love for the show, you have attempted to take a good, hard look at it and understand the reasons for its recent failure in terms of TRPs...first of all, let me congratulate you for this attempt...it requires a logical, clinical and an unbiased mind to attempt this...you clearly have that...kudos to you Clap

I am not a fan of any of the actors of this show...with the exception of MB and AN, I have never seen any of these actors ever before..so I do not feel the need to justify any of the actors, whether it is MB, Sharad or Krithika Kamra...I am not interested in any of them...except as the characters they play...their personal likes, dislikes and preferences are irrelevant to me...I just thought to say this upfront so no remark is taken as against any one actor...

1. Story - Where is it? I have not seen a semblance of a strong storyline in a long time..they are simply going around in circles...without a clue as to where to go next..

2. Sub plots- This also needs to go on the missing list...the show has always had a problem on this...they have never had strong or effective subplots...I thought the Ranga- Anjie sub plot would actually make for good drama on two occasions...one when they had Ranga moving into the solanki household...but they missed the opportunity there...and then again, with the Anjie baby track...but they simply used it as a means to get Khushi out of the Mathur household...so opportunity wasted both times!

3. Baby track - We can talk about this till the cows come home. Is there any point even though? The Khushi track was supposed to be a means to lead to this track and we all know what happened. Nidhi's professional track was brought in to avoid this track. But, that has been the weakest track in the show. Instead of having hard hitting drama, we saw comedy being played out. The baby issue can never be buried. It is going to come back to bite them how much ever hard they try.

4. No show has been known to survive in the long term without a baby track,...Yeh Rishtha, Rajan Shahi's own show, had a baby track right in the second year, even though it ended in an MC...now of course, both the leads and the second leads have children...BALH has literally been resurrected by a little child...whether we like them or not, children are guaranteed TRP earners...shows are watched by families...and they like seeing children...that is a given fact!

5.Yes, the show has not had strong antagonists...no denying that...although, shows like Yeh Ristha have done very well without an antagonist...but then. they have so many characters and so many sub plots

6. The professional track has not been well handled at all.. it has been either illogical or silly...

7. On motherhood, I really do not want to say anything, Harshal...I am an aunty...so that should say it all!

8. TRP- It is all very well to say TRPs make no sense, they are not the right indicators, they don't matter, KTLK is above TRPs and all that...but beyond a point, this is just being delusional...because the TRPs will come into play sooner or later...how long can a vehicle run on empty...and much as we like to make fun of the high TRP earners, let us not imagine that everyone who watches such shows is a fool...there must be something in those shows that makes the viewers glued to them...it is not just about regressive saas-bahu saazish or negativity...Yeh Ristha has neither and the show has been running for four years...so, I think we really need to think on where this show is going wrong rather than calling the viewers of other shows as regressive or stupid..I know alcohol and po*n sell...but TV is for family audiences...and these shows are not soft po*n...so, there is some element in them that appeals to viewers that KTLK simply does not have...

Yes, promos are at an alltime low...but what about the loyal audience? Why are they dropping out now? Surely, it is not because they don't know the show exists!

But when the writer of this show is so blind to all these realities, and offers stupid excuses for bloopers and pretends that his show is so superior that the masses cannot comprehend it, then there is no hope left...the first step towards getting better is to acknowledge the problem...I don't know about the others...but the writers clearly think they are doing a great job...good for them is all I can say!

Lastly, I am not a high brow intellectual nor a pseudo intellectual nor a mediocre viewer...I do not believe in fixing tags to myself or to people around me...I enjoy watching Salman Khan and Sooraj Barjatya as much as I enjoy watching Ray or Benegal or any of the American or European master filmmakers...!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sharma.shivaniPardeshi.Mithushaz2009Krrish4You

Post Reply New Post

Go to top