1) We are going to up the page limit 50 pages. So from now on, any stories over 50 pages will be shifted over to the FF Forum. I'm hoping this is a reasonable compromise for everyone, and it will not be increased any further. That being said, I unfortunately can't do anything about the stories that have already been shifted.
2) There would be no point in shifting completed stories. The point of this rule isn't to get rid of the stories on the forum. It is so that the first few pages aren't ONLY filled with stories, so that any discussion topics, even those opened on the weekends, are pushed back to the 5th/6th pages, which is simply unreasonable. Completed stories, after a point, aren't really on the first few pages, so no point in shifting them.
3) Many have PM'ed me about this, and posted here to consider the readers, finding out when the story has been updated, etc, and these are the solutions I've given them thus far, some of which Avantika already pointed out:
1) Ask the writer to add you to their Buddy List, if the writer sends out PMs when they update, or once every few updates, with the link.
2) Commenting on a thread adds it to your My Posts, which is next to the testimonial tab.
3) For silent readers, you can also add a topic to your "Watch Topics" by hitting the star with the plus on it at the top of any given thread. This is like bookmarking it, and you can find all of your watch topics when you hit the little arrow next to My Dashboard.
4) Regarding the final request - a thread for FF/SS/OS updates only. That sounds reasonable. It will be made and stickied within a few minutes. Please see that you do NOT comment on that thread, and any comments will be deleted. It will be solely meant for the FF/SS/OS updates.
All of that being said, I'm hoping that people are willing to understand and cooperate. Thank you for your cooperation thus far.
I will be closing this thread now, and locking it, even though it will remain stickied. Any other concerns or points you might want to raise, please PM me and I will respond to you ASAP.