Arjun

NEW Rule Regarding FFs/SS/OS - Update:Pg4 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

BDCTG

Goldie

BDCTG

Posted: 19 January 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Leki

i read almost every story in this forum nd i dnt read it coz i get PM... its jus whn i see particular story is updated i read it...so as a reader it s difficult for me to find the stories in fan fic forum... let the on going ones be n forum nd completed ones be shifted dat vl be more easy na????

I totally agree with u. We all should consider this matter as a reader's point of view. As a reader I'm having a big problm to find the updates of the ff, ss, os. Becaz only buddys of the writers get the pm. As I'm not in the buddy list of all the writers...as a reader, I have to search 4 my fav ff in the big fan fiction index. And I don't get the link of the update in the pm also. So I have to go to the fan fiction index and search 4 it wich is very difficult. So I request the DT to think about this matter frm the readers point of view.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

salmankideewaniGeeta.Rnikki08kunchusree_swaronfatima15DivineDarknessSneha113

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "NEW Rule Regarding FFs/SS/OS - Update:Pg4 (Page 4)" in Arjun forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fantasia_junkie

IF-Rockerz

Fantasia_junkie

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Hey guys.. I understand that there's been a lot of confusion and concern regarding the rule, which obviously isn't new.. A couple of my stories on other forums have already been moved to the Fanfiction Index and hence I understand that it becomes difficult for readers to keep a track of what has been updated..

However, I guess many of you are not aware of the fact that you can actually keep a track of stuff that you have previously Commented on.. Do check out the 'MY POSTS' tab on the grey bar which also contains tabs for PM's and Scraps.. You click on the 'My Posts' tab and it will give you a list of threads that are active at the moment.. It also gives you date, time at which someone had last commented on that thread and even name of the member.. That sort of helps you to keep a track of your favorite threads and FF's/SS's..

Also, I would request all readers to send buddy requests to your favorite writers.. Coz it becomes easier for writers to PM you then.. And writers please see to it that you send out PM's atleast once in every 2-3 days.. That'll help both readers and writers..

Also, lastly, Can I please request the Mods/DT to allow us open a common new thread on the Arjun Forum, where we can 'POST ONLY NAME and LINKS of the FF/SS/OS as and when updated.. This link would then lead the viewer to the fanfiction forum.. That way, we, writers would be able to reach out to more readers and also, new readers won't miss out on our works, coz of not being on our Buddy List.. Please do consider it..

Also, others do let me know if you agree with the idea..

Hope stuff gets sorted soon..

Love,
Avantika.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

salmankideewaniAukview..PriyaB..nikki08greensakthi-Lila-funkylicioussree_swaronTina2603ll-Shilpa-llDivineDarknessxaviaravidya.anand

ll-Shilpa-ll

IF-Sizzlerz

ll-Shilpa-ll

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Great idea Avantika. I was wondering how we can let our readers know of our updates in our forum, if mods allow it then this would be great way to let readers know of our updates.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Fantasia_junkiesree_swaronvidya.anandTina2603

..Naina..

..Naina..

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Updates:

1) We are  going to up the page limit 50 pages. So from now on, any stories over 50 pages will be shifted over to the FF Forum. I'm hoping this is a reasonable compromise for everyone, and it will not be increased any further. That being said, I unfortunately can't do anything about the stories that have already been shifted.

2) There would be no point in shifting completed stories. The point of this rule isn't to get rid of the stories on the forum. It is so that the first few pages aren't ONLY filled with stories, so that any discussion topics, even those opened on the weekends, are pushed back to the 5th/6th pages, which is simply unreasonable. Completed stories, after a point, aren't really on the first few pages, so no point in shifting them.

3) Many have PM'ed me about this, and posted here to consider the readers, finding out when the story has been updated, etc, and these are the solutions I've given them thus far, some of which Avantika already pointed out:

1) Ask the writer to add you to their Buddy List, if the writer sends out PMs when they update, or once every few updates, with the link.

2) Commenting on  a thread adds it to your My Posts, which is next to the testimonial tab.

3) For silent readers, you can also add a topic to your "Watch Topics" by hitting the star with the plus on it at the top of any given thread. This is like bookmarking it, and you can find all of your watch topics when you hit the little arrow next to My Dashboard.

4) Regarding the final request - a thread for FF/SS/OS updates only. That sounds reasonable. It will be made and stickied within a few minutes. Please see that you do NOT comment on that thread, and any comments will be deleted. It will be solely meant for the FF/SS/OS updates.

All of that being said, I'm hoping that people are willing to understand and cooperate. Thank you for your cooperation thus far.

I will be closing this thread now, and locking it, even though it will remain stickied. Any other concerns or points you might want to raise, please PM me and I will respond to you ASAP.

Best,
Arjun DT

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

AukviewValleryRoseCrAzYaRjUnIaN92nikki08..PriyaB..greensakthi123prithashruti-lovekaamchorni-Lila-Godly_Affectionsree_swaron...Mithuz...ll_piya_llFantasia_junkiefunkyliciousprava55663Tina2603Love_ArnieDivineDarknessvidya.anandll-Shilpa-ll

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Arjun Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.