Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

{> Anand Sagar's Ramayan Appreciation Thread #7 <} (Page 55)

jklp Goldie
jklp
jklp

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Gurmeet was a confused lover: Debina Bonnerjee

Shefali S Jha, TNN Feb 2, 2013, 12.00AM IST

(Debina and Gurmeet Choudhary')

Marriages are made in heaven and this tele-soapjodi makes us vouch for it. The small screen 'Ram - Sita' jodi, Gurmeet and Debina, believe its just love and support that binds two souls together, forever. In a candid chat with TOIDebina reveals how did it all began, how are they planning to celebrate their second wedding anniversary, which falls a day after the world celebrates 'The day of love' and lots more:

It all happened gradually
Debina got nostalgic and remembered their days back in 2006. "I came to Mumbai in 2006 for a talent hunt contest and met Gurmeet there. He was also among the top 30 contestants. That's when I saw him for the first time, but then we were just friends. Later, when I shifted to the city he helped me in settling down. He was my roommate's boyfriend's friend and he always used to come along with his friend to our place. While they both chatted, me and Gurmeet used to spend some time together and this went on for days. After a couple of months, my roommate's boyfriend shifted to some other place and thus he too stopped coming. It was then that we started missing each other and felt that we shared a bond."

His soberness attracted me
We asked Debina about the qualities that attracted her to Gurmeet and pat comes the reply," Gurmeet is a typical husband material. I have always admired Gurmeet as someone very sober and hardworking. He used to stay awake whole night and then next day go for auditions. His subtleness, hardowork and ofcourse looks is what attracted me to him."

Off camera Gurmeet is just the opposite
It came out more as a confession when Debina revealed that off camera Gurmeet is just the opposite. "Gurmeet is just the opposite when the shot is being called off. He is very shy and sober person who is far away from public display of affection. He is very soft spoken unlike few of the characters he's played recently."

He was a confused lover
Debina can't stop laughing when she remembers their courtship period. "Gurmeet would do all those things which no boyfriend in this world would think of doing. His surprises, gifts were never planned and were extremely funny. Once he gave me a rose and I could smell it from far off as he had sprinkled so much of rose water on it. Rubber toys, jokers were what he used to gift me. He was totally confused. But irrespective of all this, I knew how pure and genuine his love was for me."

Gurmeet is just like a normal husband
On being asked has Gurmeet changed after marriage, Debina confirms in affirmative. "He's become more protective and possessive about me. He wants me to dress in a particular way now that I am married to him. He is very caring and acts just like a normal husband would. "

Planning a vacation
"February is full of celebrations for us. A day after Valentine's Day we will be celebrating our second marriage anniversary and soon after that it's Gurmeet's birthday. So we are planning a small vacation this time. We want the celebrations to be quiet and private this year," says Debina.

Thank you dear for  sharing this lovely article.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

snowypatches02-Thabassum-..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 7:56am | IP Logged
@ my wife Thabu,

Awww, cute GIF!LOL

@Mita,

Sure, I'll come to RSR AT. Thanks for liking the interview!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Thabassum-

..CountingStars IF-Stunnerz
..CountingStars
..CountingStars

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ..Sadiie..

Episode 18...

Wait, WHAT?!
Those Jokers were Dangerous?! :O
From which angle did they look "Dangerous" ?!

Circus was missing them you see! They quit the job of being clowns and instead decided to start a fight with Ram Ji while flying hideously up above the sky! AngryROFL

No seriously, those Monkeys don't deserve the "Demon" title. Period Stern Smile LOL

Ish...Ram Ji...

OH! So this is how Ram Ji manages to land into the..Umm the Ceremony that's being held for Sita's wedding..right?

On their way, they see a Soona Soona Place with nothing alive except one "Main Tulsi Tere Angan Ki" ..ROFL I mean except a plant in the middle of nowhere!

Then the sage begins to explain what happened etc etc. I don't understand, this..Indra dude..why'd he do that and then later Badnaam-ed his own Izzat by getting cursed by the sage?
And why did the sage curse his wife when she didn't do anything? :/

Ah!

Ram Ji, the superman to the rescue! Cool

"He pretends not to know anything" says the subtitles.

Oh Ram Ji is so clever isn't he? Acts so innocent in front of me when I know he knows what he needs to do in order to un-stone the woman.

No no Ram Ji
You can't fool me, Haan

"As you wish, Sir"

Ah Man It's frikin ADORABLE When he says that!

Now, where did the lady fly off to when Ram Ji breaks the curse?

LOL! Ram Ji looks like a small kid lost in an amusement park! Look at him!

He's like "Which part of the world have I landed into? Why is everyone looking at me with dodgy eyes?!"

ROFL ROFL

I'll tell you why! Cuz you're looking so handsome...people can't stop looking at your face...and those eyes...Ish...Me loves Ram Ji...

LOL ROFL

Episode 18, done. I know I'm Phast like a 70s Khatara Mercedes Cool ROFL

Sadiie x

Wait till you get to Ravan's demons Sadiie, you will fall off your chair laughing.ROFL The demons of Ramayana always look so hilarious in every adaptation, I'm serious!LOL

About the Ahalya story...

Lord Indra was not a perfect God. He made his fair share of mistakes where it concerned women and his throne, but he also did some good deeds as you'll later see.Wink It is kind of surprising though that he'd mess with a sage's wife knowing of the consequences.Confused I don't have an answer to that. As for why Sage Gautam cursed his wife despite her being innocent, there is no clear explanation in the epic but scholars have two theories concerning it. 1) Devi Ahalya was supposed to be such a great and saintly woman that she knew everything about the universe. Sage Gautam may have felt cheated thinking that she should have known it was Indra in disguise and not her husband (through divine vision), so he accused her of infidelity. 2) Sage Gautam cursed Ahalya on purpose because he knew that sometime in the future, Shri Ram would come by to their ashram. His curse was actually a boon because Devi Ahalya was a big devotee of Lord Vishnu, and Sage Gautam wanted to grant her the opportunity to be blessed by the Lord.

I would like to lean towards the 2nd theoryWink since even in the song, it says that Gautam's curse is actually not a curse, but a boon because it gave Ahalya the opportunity to be touched by God's divine feet.

As for where Ahalya disappeared off to after Shri Ram liberated her, she just left for heaven.LOL I mean, imagine her condition yaar. She lived as a stone for eons! She probably wants to no more ties with Earth.Wink So yeah, after Ramji liberated her she left for heaven to be reunited with her husband.

Hehe, I love how you love the "As you wish, sir" parts, you're so adorable!LOL ROFL at your Mithila description as well. I'm sooo waiting for you to watch the next episode! It's the first romantic scene you'll get from Ramayan!Wink I want to know your reaction.Blushing

NAHHIII!!!!!!CryCry More Clown Like Demons!!!! Pinch Why do they even exist! AngryAngryROFL

Ohhh that makes sense now! 
I'd like to believe the second theory too LOLLOL

Hehe I'm adorable? Ish...

..RamKiJanaki..

..CountingStars IF-Stunnerz
..CountingStars
..CountingStars

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ..Sadiie..

There! Episode 19 done
I know I'm Phast Cool ROFL

Sadiie x

Aaah, as usual I LOVE your analyses.ROFL

When I read this line, I nearly spit out the tea I was drinking. Hats off to your sense of humor, woman!

Ram Ji's Self thoughts; Chal Hatt! Keep dreaming woman, I'm here for Sita!

OMG, this is exactly how I feel whenever I watch this scene. That lady was SO crushing on Ramji hoping he'd pick her. Poor thing!Broken HeartROFL

I agree that the paint job on Ramji's forehead was badly done. They could have used some kind of tracing tool to paint the sun. It looks very sloppy.Stern Smile

Aaah, to answer your question, Sita knows Ramji is Lord Vishnu incarnate, or else she'd not accept him as her husband, remember?Wink But at the same time, she was born as a human so she had to behave like a human and not a Goddess who knows everything. Humans worry and stress out a lot, so when Goddess Lakshmi was born as Sita on Earth, she too conducted herself like a human girl. The Goddess in her knows Ramji can lift the bow without any trouble, but as a human she still feels anxious about the swayamvar ahead. Get it?Wink

Ram and Sita are like this throughout the show. There are times when they behave very Godly and know everything that's going to happen, but at other times they behave like normal humans feeling all sorts of emotions, including pain and anger.

@Blue - OMGGG!! I'm so sorry! LMFAAAOOO!! ROFL ROFL  ROFL

Yes!Angry They should have hired me, to do the paint job...

Oh ohhh!! So basically, half of the time they would have to behave like a normal human being so no one would suspect them to be gods...i see...LOL

LOL I Know what you mean btw, just messing about me LOL

..RamKiJanaki..

snowypatches02 Goldie
snowypatches02
snowypatches02

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Jai Shri Ram to all bhakts of shri Ram ji - hope everybody's had a lovely weekend and wishing everyone a lovely week ahead Smile - thank you Janaki for all the lovely pictures and the new article - good and informative article.  Approve Thanks for sharing.

Edited by snowypatches02 - 03 February 2013 at 4:16pm
-Thabassum- IF-Stunnerz
-Thabassum-
-Thabassum-

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
@ snow

may i know u r name ples??
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 5:37pm | IP Logged

Hey guys! I made a few animated icons on Ram and Sita. They're free for use.Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi-Thabassum-

-Thabassum- IF-Stunnerz
-Thabassum-
-Thabassum-

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator

Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator

Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Pink glitter generator Heart

..RamKiJanaki..

Go to top