Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 1:36am | IP Logged

Hi Everyone...This is my first post in Veera forum and I am in love with the show...But a character which makes me feel so overwhelmed every time is Ratan... I am totally bawled over by Ratan..I mean I was so SICK of watching women who are mere SACRIFICIAL lambs in other shows WHIMPERING in a flash of a second..FOR ME RATAN STANDS OUT TALL!! SHE IS HARD !! IN FACT NICKEL PLATED!! I love her STRENGTH -A women who refuses to GIVE UP..Who DARES to call a SPADE a SPADE...RATAN HAS flaws but SHE MAKES YOU CRY FOR HER..Tha's the BRILLIANCE of layering of a character...THE WRITERS SHOULD TAKE CREDIT...They made me LOVE Ratan...DESPITE her COLDNESS ...towards Veera...I love the kids...but I love Ratan more...her INDEPENDENCE yet VULNERABILITY ...Her STRENGTH yet DOCILITY...Moves me WHAT A CONTRASTIVE JUXTAPOSITION...Wonderful LAYERING!! Not everything can be viewed through BLACK OR WHITE TINTED GLASSES!! Human characters are BEYOND THEM.

"From the fathomless depths of my heart arose an emotion so strong..An emotion..which breathes every second in me..Finds its way in my eyes but fails to touch my stern face for I have a long journey and have made a promise to myself...A battle that needs to be won...Let's see who's stronger--The will of God or the twinkle in her eyes which pulls me towards her...THE HEART FIGHTS WITH THE MIND -but my tender heart threatens to win...ALWAYS!!"----Ahhh the angst and turmoil of Ratan...What a REAL feel to the character of a woman who is HUMAN!! Hats off to the team for creating a character which makes you relate to her as a human being..UNLIKE the SULKING kitchen queens in the POPULAR saas bahu sagas claiming the title of SCAPE GOATS in their quest of being mahaan...That's why I love Ratan...I love her eyes...I love her dilemma everyday..I love her inner fights...Ahhh I salute you...WOMEN!!...There are times which make you actually wonder and the eyes just mist with tears...Her longing,her wait ,her desperation just sinks in your heart ...and the soul of a mother lights up through her eyes...WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENE IT WAS!! UNMATCHED..She got those gotas and sitare for Veera's Dupatta..and the way she says..THAT I AM NOT SO BAD...pulls a string in your heart...The crescendo of emotions...Where the love of a brother for his sister hurls accusations at her hardness unknowingly..BRILLIANT I MUST SAY..Sneha Wagh!!kudos...HER EYES SPEAK...Just love the PORTRAYAL of a lonely women who fights a battle everyday...The writers and the team must take all the credit for making me LOVE Ratan with all her FLAWS... Another bond which is just AWESOMEapart from the adorable RANVIRA is the bond between Ratan and Veera...Awww THe little patakhi and her beeji...COULDN'T BE MORE CUTE...The way Ratan's eyes lights up at her gestures is beautifully emoted by Sneha...The little devil had to crawl out from beneath the bed and take sit -ups along with her Veer ji...coz she did not why the reason for her uthak baithak ..Al that she knew that she had to ape coz her Veer ji was doing it...What a wonderful chemistry between the trio...Ratan,Ranvi and Veera... I am so amazed with the kind of minute observations in our daily life which finds its resemblance with the show...Like a 5 year old actually tries to imitate her siblings and parents...And Veerakadi does that EXACTLY..Whether it's putting a balm like her beeji does whenever she is pain or tying the dupatta around her waist like her beeji while rolling out paranthas for her Veerji or doing sit ups ...along with her Veer ji...REALISTIC AND ADORABLE!!...Something that touches my heart...GREAT SYMBOLISMS!!..Ranvi tearing off his kurta to decorate Veera's dupatta...I AM JUST GUESSING that this might even refer to their lives when Ranvi would go to an extent of even scarring his life to beautifully adorn her life with happiness...Such a beautiful bond... Coming to the other TRACKS...One scene that totally Struck me was the Entry of Nihal Singh...It was AWESOME! The whole Heer-Ranjha feel to it where Ratan just runs off like a woman in desperation was so beautiful...and then the simultaneous scene where she pours off water to cleanse herself Feeling GUILTY of touching another Man...RATAN YOU STOLE MY HEART AGAIN...I just couldn't believe the acting prowess of Sneha...I could feel the goosebumps myself...The pain was EXCRUCIATING... 
THE LOHRI SCENE..
Ahh Can this get cuter..The radiant smile of the little devil holding her beeji's dupatta and the way Ratan's eyes light up...OH MY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SCENE!!...As I had maintained earlier too that the brilliance of Ratan's characer was that the admiration and love for Veera always lit up her eyes but failed to touch her lips coz of her resistance ...For the first time..I saw that TRANSITION...The smile transcending slowly from her eyes ...TO HER LIPS...Ahhh Ratan...HOLD ALL YOUR DEFENCES WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT...BUT I am sure the little DEVIL will break through your Armour and embrace your heart...The chinks of the Armour have already started falling..WHAT IS LEFT is the ACCEPTANCE NOW...SO LOOKING FORWARS TO IT!!
Ohh and BTW SNIFF SNIFF ..Are we getting hints about a future jealousy track between the little patakhi and Gunjan's brither..Well the excitement has just begun...

KUDOS TO TEAM VEERA ...After a LONG LONG TIME After GULAAL ended...A show has slowly and steadily made it's way to my heart..LOVING IT !!

-cheers
Piu

Edited by manzilmukul - 17 January 2013 at 2:38am

The following 27 member(s) liked the above post:

mail2sruthiragtagNarcissistNeelaalikhanMeena1428liipsamana2-Swetha-joyvgSunihinzdivyasn-sakshi-9staroneserialsrozieSanaJasmineCavingInGeeshuS.H.I.E.L.D.SmritiKathaeuphoricll-Shilpa-llchweetunneeiillseelaksShwets1502Lennie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "RATAN--*STRENGTH THY NAME IS WOMAN*" in Ek Veer Ki Ardaas - Veera forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 2:42am | IP Logged

fab post Piu and welcome to the forumHug

Ratan is indeed an overwhelming character... her strength is truly commendable...And Sneha has done a swell job at portraying it Clap
kudos to the team for giving us such a strong character that stands out from the rest for the right reasonsThumbs Up

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

liipsaeuphoricll-Shilpa-llmanzilmukulnneeiill

hinz

Viewbie

hinz

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 2:43am | IP Logged

just saw the siggy, it hadnt come through before...

great job Thumbs Up

liipsaeuphoricll-Shilpa-llmanzilmukulnneeiill

liipsa

liipsa

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Wow!!This post is as beautiful as poetry.Loved reading it.
Ratan is a true woman in every sense, a rarity in today's tv soaps.
Once Grurpreet had accused her of partiality and told she doesnt deserve kids ,but Ratan beared the taunt silently.But yesterday when Ranvir said that you didnt give equally beautiful clothes to Veera,she felt the pain.Her heart broke at the thought of her own son questioning her actions.Deep inside her heart she also loves Veera,but she keeps on fighting with herself,trying not to shower any love on her.She contols her smile  at the cutiepie's antics,doesnt see her eye-to-eye but keeps on looking at her when she walks away.
Ratan is one awsome creation by cvs.And Sneha breaths life into the character.

hinzeuphoricll-Shilpa-llmanzilmukulnneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hinz

fab post Piu and welcome to the forumHug

Ratan is indeed an overwhelming character... her strength is truly commendable...And Sneha has done a swell job at portraying it Clap
kudos to the team for giving us such a strong character that stands out from the rest for the right reasonsThumbs Up

THANKS AND BIG HUGS for warm WELCOMEHug WORD!! about Sneha!!She speaks with her eyes ...I am totally floored by the way she emotes on screen.KUDOS!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzll-Shilpa-llnneeiill

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hinz

just saw the siggy, it hadnt come through before...

great job Thumbs Up

Thanks...Those  words of Robert Frost are so meant for Ratan...She is one bounded by so many promises..The ones she made to herself..The ones she made to God ..AND ABOVE ALL THE ONES SHE MADE TO HER SARPANCH JI

Edited by manzilmukul - 17 January 2013 at 4:30am

hinzll-Shilpa-llnneeiill

euphoric

IF-Rockerz

euphoric

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:34am | IP Logged

I have simply adored and loved this character and its amazing how everyday they keep highlighting another side of her personality that leaves you speechless and I'm in awe!

She's a woman with a golden heart... a great mother... an amazing human being!

hinzll-Shilpa-llmanzilmukul

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by liipsa

Wow!!This post is as beautiful as poetry.Loved reading it.
ThanksBig smile
Ratan is a true woman in every sense, a rarity in today's tv soaps.
I was so tired of this abhorrent portrayal of meek women on Tv who are treated as doormats...Ratan is a fresh breath of air...
Once Grurpreet had accused her of partiality and told she doesnt deserve kids ,but Ratan beared the taunt silently.But yesterday when Ranvir said that you didnt give equally beautiful clothes to Veera,she felt the pain.Her heart broke at the thought of her own son questioning her actions.Deep inside her heart she also loves Veera,but she keeps on fighting with herself,trying not to shower any love on her.She contols her smile  at the cutiepie's antics,doesnt see her eye-to-eye but keeps on looking at her when she walks away.
I remember her scene with Gurpreet...It was really heart wrenching when her own son accused her of bias which her heart was incapable of...She has created walls but behind those walls breathes the tender heart of a woman lying naked ..cold and yearning...I am sure The little Veera will break that wall very soon..The CRACKS are already VISIBLE thoughEmbarrassed
Ratan is one awsome creation by cvs.And Sneha breaths life into the character.

Yes!!Indeed Sneha has the most expressive eyes...and is the SOUL of Ratan

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzll-Shilpa-ll

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.