Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: drummedup

@BOLD: THAT is my problem! I do want to live a graceful life in the society without being married. And that's going to take me a lot of effort to please the society to accept me that way? So probably a big bang position in life is a necessity for my peaceful existence, so I can give something to the society and ask for my graceful mingling with it and peace of mind in return.🤓

Can't help that is the society thing.There will always be some old-fashioned conservative people in society  who will always think marriage as the purest sacred thing that can happen to human-kind... and this can't be changed...One thing that can be done is not to care about society...and walk forward with ur life if one want to live at his/her own way...
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rini_kat

Can't help that is the society thing.There will always be some old-fashioned conservative people in society  who will always think marriage as the purest sacred thing that can happen to human-kind... and this can't be changed...One thing that can be done is not to care about society...and walk forward with ur life if one want to live at his/her own way...

Just out of curiosity, how would you know that something is good for you or not, till you try it?

It is so easy to blame society for everything, a human made society, and yet we question it's existence? Why only follow some rules (in this case marriage) of the society and not all?

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

marriage is a necessity if you want a license to have fun and if you're looking for round-the-clock domestic help. Of course you can have fun without getting married, but then that's like driving without a driver's ID. Foolish, isn't it?😆
rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Aarya-

Just out of curiosity, how would you know that something is good for you or not, till you try it?

It is so easy to blame society for everything, a human made society, and yet we question it's existence? Why only follow some rules (in this case marriage) of the society and not all?

Correction .I don't blame society for everything.. I agree society is build for our well being only...but yes I have problems with society when some people suddenly claim and dictate certain terms upon saying u have to do this and that  if u want to live in society...There still in India intercaste marriage is considered to be unpardonable sin...sometimes it is followed by honour-killing...reason obviously that the respective parties want to appear respectable in society by doing heineous crimes...and I think each and everyone has right to live in his/her way provided that someone do not do any harm to society...If one person decide not to marry or be in a live-in relationship instead of marrying... ...I  don't think that person is doing any crime...that should be punished or something...But sometimes society fails to realise this...Basic moto of life is to live the years peacefully and contendly... Whether this contentment comes frm marriage or no marriage -its purely the personal choice only...no-one has right to dictate...
Edited by rini_kat - 11 years ago
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rini_kat

Correction .I don't blame society for everything.. I agree society is build for our well being only...but yes I have problems with society when some people suddenly claim and dictate certain terms upon saying u have to do this and that  if u want to live in society...There still in India intercaste marriage is considered to be unpardonable sin...sometimes it is followed by honour-killing...reason obviously that the respective parties want to appear respectable in society by doing heineous crimes...and I think each and everyone has right to live in his/her way provided that someone do not do any harm to society...If one person decide not to marry or be in a live-in relationship instead of marrying... ...I  don't think that person is doing any crime...that should be punished or something...But sometimes society fails to realise this...Basic moto of life is to live the years peacefully and contendly... Whether this contentment comes frm marriage or no marriage -its purely the personal choice only...no-one has right to dictate...

The words in bold answers your own concerns about society, it's personal choice to live by society or to live by their own sets of rules.

And I wonder where do these rules come from? A person's thought process is through it's up bringing, either via education or parenting or influence of the society. A person is only responsible for his or her own choice, you can fight all the rules govern by so called society but in the end you will only be fighting wth your own self.

If you really want to make a difference, then you must first start with your self!

moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheTruth

Procreation is the most important reason I can think of for marriage.

You don't need marriage to procreate - last time I sat through a sex education lesson ðŸ˜†

Seriously though, yes, it sets the scene for a stable family in which to have children in. Though more and more people are having children without marriage, if they feel their relationship is strong enough.
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Aarya-

The words in bold answers your own concerns about society, it's personal choice to live by society or to live by their own sets of rules.

And I wonder where do these rules come from? A person's thought process is through it's up bringing, either via education or parenting or influence of the society. A person is only responsible for his or her own choice, you can fight all the rules govern by so called society but in the end you will only be fighting wth your own self.

If you really want to make a difference, then you must first start with your self!

Aarya I agree - personal choices should be made without the pressure of society. I wish people were more free to do that. It's difficult to do that when you're threatened with beatings, being ostracised or worse (death) should you choose to go against the family.

Look at the number of honour killings, forced marriages etc that happen, all for the sake of maintaining respect in the eyes of the community. If there was more support, from governments, or even the community itself, for people to speak out then I think we may see people making their own choices.