Debate Mansion

Marriage is a necessity? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Other than food, water , air nothing is a necessity, but an option you choose or get it shoved down your throat LOL  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

atominisFreshDaisy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marriage is a necessity? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NigelMolesworth

IF-Dazzler

NigelMolesworth

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 11:36am | IP Logged
No. I've certain notions and I don't want to compromise in life. Single life is happier, healthier and I think it's boring to spend it with just one person. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LovesLowCultureDiva-In-ArmorFreshDaisySamraat_92swashbuckling

liangela306

liangela306

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
Marriage is DEFINITELY not a necessity, though from what my married friends tell me it can be kind of nice if you find the right person. It can let you feel like "finally, the search is over and I can relax because this really IS the one!" At the same time I've had a few friends that have divorced as well, so they obviously didn't find the right one Wink

In short: go with what feels right for you, and be happy with whatever choice you make.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-bright_star89-Carrie-FreshDaisySlov_perfringesSamraat_92

LovesLowCulture

LovesLowCulture

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Iconoclast-

No. I've certain notions and I don't want to compromise in life. Single life is happier, healthier and I think it's boring to spend it with just one person. 

Life is a chaotic mess to me, and marriage and monogamy seem to offer some sense of stability. Although, I don't know if my feelings are the result of something innate or years of socialization. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Diva-In-ArmorNigelMolesworthcl0wn-Carrie-FreshDaisy

-Carrie-

IF-Rockerz

-Carrie-

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Everything depends on the man you marry.Like it or lump it he is capable of making your life heaven or a living misery.

For me marriage is the licence to physical love & children.I cannot be in a relationship with a man which is not signed & sealed.And I absolutely do not want my children to suffer because of any selfish decision on my part.But if you are not interested in both only a dork would want to spent the rest of her life in captivity.LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LovesLowCulture-Swetha-zorrro

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DuttaSweetheart

Everything depends on the man you marry.Like it or lump it he is capable of making your life heaven or a living misery.

For me marriage is the licence to physical love & children.I cannot be in a relationship with a man which is not signed & sealed.And I absolutely do not want my children to suffer because of any selfish decision on my part.But if you are not interested in both only a dork would want to spent the rest of her life in captivity.LOL

That would be the same for women as well. Women too can make life hell or heaven for their spouses.

Marriage though is a two way street. It depends on what both people bring to the table, what both are willing to give and take. Compatibility is important. Someone who makes you miserable will probably make another person jump for joy. That is why those who chose marriage shouldn't just do it because everyone else does it or because parents want it but marry only when they are ready and give due consideration to issues like compatibility and friendship along with physical attraction.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

LovesLowCulture-Swetha-bright_star89Diva-In-ArmorSlov_perfringesFreshDaisySamraat_92

-Carrie-

IF-Rockerz

-Carrie-

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

That would be the same for women as well. Women too can make life hell or heaven for their spouses.

True.But being a girl I hardly give any thought to folks on the other side of the fence.Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LovesLowCulture-Swetha-return_to_hadesFreshDaisy

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 24 January 2013 at 10:23am | IP Logged

True.But being a girl I hardly give any thought to folks on the other side of the fence.Embarrassed

I'm a girl as well, but sometimes you have to give consideration to the guys side of things too. Sometimes we girls can be too high maintenance and demanding. We have to make some adjustments as much as them.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-bright_star89-Carrie-FreshDaisy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top