Marriage is a necessity? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 10

Page 1 Page 9
Page   of 10

BirdieNumNum

BirdieNumNum

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

marriage is a necessity if you want a license to have fun and if you're looking for round-the-clock domestic help. Of course you can have fun without getting married, but then that's like driving without a driver's ID. Foolish, isn't it?LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Diva-In-Armormoomin4455boreddamsel

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marriage is a necessity? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rini_kat

IF-Rockerz

rini_kat

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Aarya-

Originally posted by rini_kat

Originally posted by drummedup

This is clearly depend on ones persevearence...If he/she is a society thing want to lead life gracefully in a society...then obviously marriage is necessity to him/her...

To me main aim of the life is to live beautifully happily and peacefully...More to it feel contended...If one can feel contended without marrying but living in his/her ones way...then I feel there is no need to marry...Honestly I think to seal a relation ship with the life partner there is no need to be married...Marriage is nothing to do with commitment...If chanting some prayers and doing pheras around file could seal the relation ship for a lifetime then there would have been no divorce and broken marriage...Yes marriage give one a sense of security financially and socially nothing more...

@BOLD: THAT is my problem! I do want to live a graceful life in the society without being married. And that's going to take me a lot of effort to please the society to accept me that way? So probably a big bang position in life is a necessity for my peaceful existence, so I can give something to the society and ask for my graceful mingling with it and peace of mind in return.Geek

Can't help that is the society thing.There will always be some old-fashioned conservative people in society  who will always think marriage as the purest sacred thing that can happen to human-kind... and this can't be changed...One thing that can be done is not to care about society...and walk forward with ur life if one want to live at his/her own way...

Just out of curiosity, how would you know that something is good for you or not, till you try it?

It is so easy to blame society for everything, a human made society, and yet we question it's existence? Why only follow some rules (in this case marriage) of the society and not all?

Correction .I don't blame society for everything.. I agree society is build for our well being only...but yes I have problems with society when some people suddenly claim and dictate certain terms upon saying u have to do this and that  if u want to live in society...There still in India intercaste marriage is considered to be unpardonable sin...sometimes it is followed by honour-killing...reason obviously that the respective parties want to appear respectable in society by doing heineous crimes...and I think each and everyone has right to live in his/her way provided that someone do not do any harm to society...If one person decide not to marry or be in a live-in relationship instead of marrying... ...I  don't think that person is doing any crime...that should be punished or something...But sometimes society fails to realise this...Basic moto of life is to live the years peacefully and contendly... Whether this contentment comes frm marriage or no marriage -its purely the personal choice only...no-one has right to dictate...

Edited by rini_kat - 25 March 2013 at 1:07pm

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 1:17pm | IP Logged

This is clearly depend on ones persevearence...If he/she is a society thing want to lead life gracefully in a society...then obviously marriage is necessity to him/her...

To me main aim of the life is to live beautifully happily and peacefully...More to it feel contended...If one can feel contended without marrying but living in his/her ones way...then I feel there is no need to marry...Honestly I think to seal a relation ship with the life partner there is no need to be married...Marriage is nothing to do with commitment...If chanting some prayers and doing pheras around file could seal the relation ship for a lifetime then there would have been no divorce and broken marriage...Yes marriage give one a sense of security financially and socially nothing more...

@BOLD: THAT is my problem! I do want to live a graceful life in the society without being married. And that's going to take me a lot of effort to please the society to accept me that way? So probably a big bang position in life is a necessity for my peaceful existence, so I can give something to the society and ask for my graceful mingling with it and peace of mind in return.Geek

Can't help that is the society thing.There will always be some old-fashioned conservative people in society  who will always think marriage as the purest sacred thing that can happen to human-kind... and this can't be changed...One thing that can be done is not to care about society...and walk forward with ur life if one want to live at his/her own way...

Just out of curiosity, how would you know that something is good for you or not, till you try it?

It is so easy to blame society for everything, a human made society, and yet we question it's existence? Why only follow some rules (in this case marriage) of the society and not all?

Correction .I don't blame society for everything.. I agree society is build for our well being only...but yes I have problems with society when some people suddenly claim and dictate certain terms upon saying u have to do this and that  if u want to live in society...There still in India intercaste marriage is considered to be unpardonable sin...sometimes it is followed by honour-killing...reason obviously that the respective parties want to appear respectable in society by doing heineous crimes...and I think each and everyone has right to live in his/her way provided that someone do not do any harm to society...If one person decide not to marry or be in a live-in relationship instead of marrying... ...I  don't think that person is doing any crime...that should be punished or something...But sometimes society fails to realise this...Basic moto of life is to live the years peacefully and contendly... Whether this contentment comes frm marriage or no marriage -its purely the personal choice only...no-one has right to dictate...

The words in bold answers your own concerns about society, it's personal choice to live by society or to live by their own sets of rules.

And I wonder where do these rules come from? A person's thought process is through it's up bringing, either via education or parenting or influence of the society. A person is only responsible for his or her own choice, you can fight all the rules govern by so called society but in the end you will only be fighting wth your own self.

If you really want to make a difference, then you must first start with your self!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455rini_kat

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheTruth

Procreation is the most important reason I can think of for marriage.

You don't need marriage to procreate - last time I sat through a sex education lesson LOL

Seriously though, yes, it sets the scene for a stable family in which to have children in. Though more and more people are having children without marriage, if they feel their relationship is strong enough.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

boreddamsel

moomin4455

IF-Dazzler

moomin4455

Posted: 25 March 2013 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

The words in bold answers your own concerns about society, it's personal choice to live by society or to live by their own sets of rules.

And I wonder where do these rules come from? A person's thought process is through it's up bringing, either via education or parenting or influence of the society. A person is only responsible for his or her own choice, you can fight all the rules govern by so called society but in the end you will only be fighting wth your own self.

If you really want to make a difference, then you must first start with your self!

Aarya I agree - personal choices should be made without the pressure of society. I wish people were more free to do that. It's difficult to do that when you're threatened with beatings, being ostracised or worse (death) should you choose to go against the family.

Look at the number of honour killings, forced marriages etc that happen, all for the sake of maintaining respect in the eyes of the community. If there was more support, from governments, or even the community itself, for people to speak out then I think we may see people making their own choices.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aarya-rini_katboreddamsel

Post Reply New Post

Go to top