Marriage is a necessity? - Page 7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago
^ If I get your point right, in a nutshell, you are saying that marriage, as an institution, has become so deeply rooted in our psych that, whether it holds any logical and rational ground, we (most) still want to go ahead and even fight to get the right to it. That even when we think we totally and completely accept and want to marry the person we love by our own free will, the truth is somewhere, for most people, the cultural bias is a reason behind that desire. Your using gay rights movement as an analogy was to show that, even if gays are granted every legal and social rights of marriage through a civil union and not a typical marriage, they still want the right to marry precisely because it's something that's been so deeply rooted in their psych that they can't let go of it.

Is that it?
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, except I didn't say that it is rooted in our psyche as much as I said that it was socially important and meaningful. So whether or not I value its place in my life, or my pscyhe, it is still socially valuable, and to live life, I have to navigate those social values and negotiate my place through them.

I am just not into the psychological language that much.
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

yep it sure is a necessity. Guys need someone to clean up after them.😛😆

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

yep it sure is a necessity. Guys need someone to clean up after them.😛😆

what about guy-guy marraige Tongue who will clean up and who's gonna dirty it all 😆
With the dwidling female numbers better get ready to face the new reality dude 😆
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

what about guy-guy marraige 😛 who will clean up and who's gonna dirty it all 😆
With the dwidling female numbers better get ready to face the new reality dude 😆

the relevant numbers here are guys looking for gals versus gals looking for guys.😆 The rest  will have to either get by without housekeeping or have more housekeeping than they can use.😆

by the way, you can always arbitrage countries. The female population in the US exceeds that of males.😉
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
throwing the  baby out with the bathwater  Edited by _Angie_ - 11 years ago
LovelyPlanet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

scared to settle is more like it . A guy I know complains that he gets beatn up by his wifey😲 
When asked why he put up with it he said that she would go to the balcony and start shouting at the top of her voice. This chap did not want to atract unnecessary stares from the neighbours therefore bore all indignities. Besides people only made fun of him and none took him seriously. At times she wouldnt even offer him any food

poor guy... but depending on wife to give you food is ridiculous.. there are 100s of food shops around.. he can just go and buy himself food.
Sneha113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hmmm...not really a necessity but isnt bad either!!!
Whats the being deal in marriage ceremonies and getting blessed...
But hun social pressures shouldnt be a part of it!!
Like necessarily getting married...
Parents want us to give the happiness,love and togetherness even if they are not present with us..
rini_kat thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This is clearly depend on ones persevearence...If he/she is a society thing want to lead life gracefully in a society...then obviously marriage is necessity to him/her...

To me main aim of the life is to live beautifully happily and peacefully...More to it feel contended...If one can feel contended without marrying but living in his/her ones way...then I feel there is no need to marry...Honestly I think to seal a relation ship with the life partner there is no need to be married...Marriage is nothing to do with commitment...If chanting some prayers and doing pheras around file could seal the relation ship for a lifetime then there would have been no divorce and broken marriage...Yes marriage give one a sense of security financially and socially nothing more...
crusty thumbnail

Originally posted by: rini_kat

This is clearly depend on ones persevearence...If he/she is a society thing want to lead life gracefully in a society...then obviously marriage is necessity to him/her...

To me main aim of the life is to live beautifully happily and peacefully...More to it feel contended...If one can feel contended without marrying but living in his/her ones way...then I feel there is no need to marry...Honestly I think to seal a relation ship with the life partner there is no need to be married...Marriage is nothing to do with commitment...If chanting some prayers and doing pheras around file could seal the relation ship for a lifetime then there would have been no divorce and broken marriage...Yes marriage give one a sense of security financially and socially nothing more...

@BOLD: THAT is my problem! I do want to live a graceful life in the society without being married. And that's going to take me a lot of effort to please the society to accept me that way? So probably a big bang position in life is a necessity for my peaceful existence, so I can give something to the society and ask for my graceful mingling with it and peace of mind in return.🤓