Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 2 Page 10

drummedup

drummedup

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Is marriage a necessity? I have always felt that marriage is not a 'need'. It works for some and doesn't for others.So why attach the religious significance to it and make it a compulsory thing in life? Is it because society does not respect unmarried people enough? specially girls? or is it to be on safe side? To have someone in old age to take care of you? Personally speaking,I'm not the kind to fall in love and I know I'll be a lot happier alone. So, I'd love to live with my parents as long as they live and then go my own way. My priorities are work, my parents and knowledge(worldly and spiritual) I neither have time nor interest to take care of another person and his family. I'd like to do good to a large number of people through my work than concentrate myself to a home and man.Is it being selfish, unreligious and blah blah blah ?Why is it so scandalous and blasphemes?LOL I don't understand... Indian society baffles me!

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-LovelyPlanetDiva-In-ArmordsupriyaEl_Doradomoomin4455atominisFreshDaisy-Chandramukhi-The_Other_WomanSlov_perfringesepiphany.LogicalNonsenseswashbucklingSamraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Marriage is a necessity?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged

Here we go again. Will wait for other people's momentum and then jump in.

enigmatic

Groupbie

enigmatic

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Marriage is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get. Sometimes it's sweet, sometimes bitter.Sometimes white, sometimes dark. Sometimes rejuvenating, sometimes fatal (if you are allergic to nuts). Sometimes appeases your sweet tooth, sometimes gives tooth cavity. Sometimes it also comes empty, so either you can fill in new ones, or thrash the box, and can also find a new one. Tongue

On a serious note, I would have asked the same questions a few years ago. But now, I have found my better-half, and life isn't as bad as I thought it would be. But it's too early to say anything, so will wait for few more years before replying to your question. Tongue Marriage was my choice, so religion became just a formality. In my opinion, social pressure makes your decision blasphemous and scandalous, masked in the name of religion.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24-Swetha-El_Doradomoomin4455Mahek_No1return_to_hadesSlov_perfringesBigbang_GDFreethinker112FreshDaisyNaach_Basanti

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Society has nothing better to do than fixing alliances.
Nonsense.
Marriage is not a basic need and no one has the right to force you in to a relationship.
I can understand your mental condition.
I am in a similar phase as well.
I do not want to spend my life as someones slave.
I am not getting married.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455FreshDaisyswashbuckling

Slov_perfringes

IF-Sizzlerz

Slov_perfringes

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 3:17am | IP Logged
even i don;t want to waste my life on a MCPLOL ,iam really happy the way iam leading my life. iam loving and enjoying each n every day of  my life . everything is perfect according to me. but  i know my happiness is short lived n someday my parents will pick any khandaani ladkaLOL according to them n tie me wid him. bachao bachaoROFL...i can;t change myself for any guy..hun

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 4:16am | IP Logged
Matrimony is a religious and social obligation for all. Women get more pressurized because everybody needs them to have high order homemaking skills. It's sad. But for anyone who does not succumb to this pressure I don't see why a simple alliance of two people who'd come around to be committed for life and have a family together is a bad prospect. It's quite needed by most of us deep down. But a lot of us don't need a spouse and a couple children and a suburban house when we're well into our thirties. It's a matter of perspective that way. That way, marriage is indeed not a necessity. But then again, it's not always that simple now, is it? 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-dsupriyaFreshDaisyFreethinker112

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Marriage is definitely not a necessity. But religion has been a big part of people's lives, and therefore the traditions have become so embossed in people's lives, that any non conformity bugs them. And as a result, they start bugging the person who broke their so called rules. IMO, there is nothing wrong with live in, or even not having a partner at all. Not all people are the same, and therefore it follows that not all of them have the same needs. and making a one size fit all rule is just stupid. But that's society for you! LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moomin4455FreshDaisySamraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by epiphany.

Matrimony is a religious and social obligation for all. Women get more pressurized because everybody needs them to have high order homemaking skills. It's sad. But for anyone who does not succumb to this pressure I don't see why a simple alliance of two people who'd come around to be committed for life and have a family together is a bad prospect. It's quite needed by most of us deep down. But a lot of us don't need a spouse and a couple children and a suburban house when we're well into our thirties. It's a matter of perspective that way. That way, marriage is indeed not a necessity. But then again, it's not always that simple now, is it? 

Please don't change both your username and DP at the same time, it took me a moment to recognize you.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 21 January 2013 at 11:17pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

epiphany.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top