Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sulu_123

sulu_123

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Like so many others in this forum I'm rewatching IPKKND. And its giving me fresh perspective on so many things. Earlier I had started watching the serial around the time khushi 's engagement was announced. I caught up on prev epsodes mainly thru arnav khushi scenes and watching few whole episodes.

As, i recall, after hate marriage, all of us were up in arms against  ASR . We blamed him for not confronting khushi and listening to shyam instead. We blamed him for even imagining that khushi cud be a cheat.

Yesterday i watched episodes 41 to 43 (july 29 2011, 1 to 3 rd aug 2011) when shyam was introduced as anjali's husband. It was shown how skilfully shyam was weaving his web of deceit over the RM wasis and winning them over with his sacharine sweet talk. He was like the perfect husband, sil, bil.

No wonder ASR was shattered by what he saw on the terrace. If his BIL who had won the hearts of the family  along with anjali, who was so loved and trusted by everyone  could be a cheat and betrayer, then so could khushi.

He had already heard and seen everything with his own eyes and ears. As he said later to khushi 'Dimaag peh chap gaya hai'.

So obviously he confronted his bil and when shyam confiirmed what he had already heard, ASR believed him. To him, khushi had betrayed Anjali who had always been so kind to her.There was no doubt in his mind whatsoever. So he did not confront khushi or tell her anything. He possibly  felt that she did not deserve any explaination. Or maybe  he thought khushi was just pretending to not know the reason !

So i guess, the way cvs had built the story there was logic in what they showed after the hate marriage.

The hate marriage was itself logical too, since he had on several occassions made it very clear that nothing was more imp to him than his di's happiness and he cud go to any extent for her.

ASR's subsequent behaviour has to be seen from this perspective. We were outraged because we knew khushi was an innocent victim but he din't.

And all this while, he cudnt help loving her despite his hatred and perhaps dreaded hearing from her about her relation with shyam.

Again to the cv's credit, we saw a much thawed arnav after the holi confession. We saw him being more tolerant towards her antics and behaviour. He cud have put a stop to all that, had he so desired, but it was almost as if he indulged her.

We dint get a proper redemption from ASR, but whatever he had to do to win khushi over again, the efforts and the exent he went to after he had brought her back home from Gupta house , the way he tried to understand what made her happy, all this can be regarded as redemption of sorts.

And his conquering of his past demons and claiming Khushi as his wife was the final act which completed his redemption.

Edited by sulu_123 - 16 January 2013 at 9:44am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

ilnesesaira453ipkvieweraina123zeefan 1payel3004gataaviation-caspsharmilalamsnishaipkkdianRadiantSanz..samin6smanravalisharma06HorizonzoharocksGurmeet4DrashtiSidda8Parud_Forever.SobtiLicious.polly_mk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Re-watching IPKKND offers fresh perspective" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zoharocks

IF-Dazzler

zoharocks

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:49am | IP Logged
I SO AGREE...i think it wasn't Arnav to be blamed but the situations...the condition and state in which he was...Arnav really held himself back very strongly and wisely...i so damn agree...by the way thanks for the dates...will catch up those too

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

afsuu.Panache.

Sidda8

IF-Rockerz

Sidda8

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Great post. I actually enjoyed nearly all tracks and never complained because I am obsessed with Sarun/ Arshi. There were mediocre episodes but the best ones out-shined them. 

samin6

IF-Dazzler

samin6

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:57am | IP Logged
I did not actually hate him after hate marriage. I had seen earlier episodes too. However we all know that IPK showed more how Arnav loved Khushi and his feelings. So he loved Khushi and if you watch one of the earlier episodes you will also see that she meant to him as much as his Di. The marriage was a solution for him in my perspective not only for his Di but also for Khushi, because Shyam was  harassing Khushiat every opportunity. We know that Arnav talks little. So he married her because at one point he had loved her and also it was objectively the only solution to the mess Mr Shyam created at that point.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Panache.

RadiantSanz..

IF-Dazzler

RadiantSanz..

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged
I agree! Everyone was bad-mouthing the hate-marriage track but I thought it was an interesting track in my perspective!

The Khushi/Sanaya antics were FUNNY to me and I loved the way she demonstrated herself as a headstrong woman and demanded answers.

And Arnav was sweet sometimes and it was fun to watch his struggle between attraction to Khushi as his wife and his doubt of her.

And the redemption could have been better, but it was still quite good with Arnav not letting her go and making her know that she is forever his.

All in all, I thought IPK was splendid until Shyam got kicked out (His exit was horrible, they should have designed it better and made it longer for such a cunning villain!)

The Sheetal track and Mrs. India just were eh, and IPK still was amazing b/c of ArHi and SaRun's chemistry.

All in all, the show is AMAZING, in my opinion, until October and November, the final months of the show.

TFS post!

ipkviewer

sulu_123

sulu_123

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi-glam

I agree! Everyone was bad-mouthing the hate-marriage track but I thought it was an interesting track in my perspective!

The Khushi/Sanaya antics were FUNNY to me and I loved the way she demonstrated herself as a headstrong woman and demanded answers.

And Arnav was sweet sometimes and it was fun to watch his struggle between attraction to Khushi as his wife and his doubt of her.

And the redemption could have been better, but it was still quite good with Arnav not letting her go and making her know that she is forever his.

All in all, I thought IPK was splendid until Shyam got kicked out (His exit was horrible, they should have designed it better and made it longer for such a cunning villain!)

The Sheetal track and Mrs. India just were eh, and IPK still was amazing b/c of ArHi and SaRun's chemistry.

All in all, the show is AMAZING, in my opinion, until October and November, the final months of the show.

TFS post!

Thanks for ur comments ! I hated the sheetal track too but it gave us the awesome karwa chauth episode. And i liked those poolside interactions between arnav khushi when she's asking arnav abt sheetal. Khushi was soo cute and arnav so naughty as well as cute. 'Yeh kaam (jilebeyaan khana) to mein sirf tumhare saath kar sakta hoon'. And loved how he admitted to feeling jealous of NK

ipkviewer

polly_mk

IF-Stunnerz

polly_mk

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Clap Great analysis. Agree with you. I think we all understood ASR's pov. It's just that people felt he should have kept an eye on Shyam after the hate marriage. He just married Khushi and felt that was the end of the problem (even though the marriage brought Khushi to live in the same house as Shyam!). The fact that he did not tell Khushi why he married her...was stretched beyond a tolerable timeframe. But I guess the moment he tells Khushi we know that she will do everything possible to prove herself as innocent...and the easiest thing would be to involve Guptas. So the MU would have been cleared very quickly. Then CVs would have no story to continue...this was their main track and they wanted to stretch it as much as possible...they could have added more logic as to why Arnav hides the truth from Khushi...we as the viewers were left to assume things. Some more content/action from Arnav's side could have been included between hate marriage and kidnapping to make the track more interesting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkviewerHorizon

Horizon

IF-Dazzler

Horizon

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by polly2312

Clap Great analysis. Agree with you. I think we all understood ASR's pov. It's just that people felt he should have kept an eye on Shyam after the hate marriage. He just married Khushi and felt that was the end of the problem (even though the marriage brought Khushi to live in the same house as Shyam!). The fact that he did not tell Khushi why he married her...was stretched beyond a tolerable timeframe. But I guess the moment he tells Khushi we know that she will do everything possible to prove herself as innocent...and the easiest thing would be to involve Guptas. So the MU would have been cleared very quickly. Then CVs would have no story to continue...this was their main track and they wanted to stretch it as much as possible...they could have added more logic as to why Arnav hides the truth from Khushi...we as the viewers were left to assume things. Some more content/action from Arnav's side could have been included between hate marriage and kidnapping to make the track more interesting.

@bold: Exactly the issue! Given all his cynical viewes that were showcased from the beginning, he doubting Khushi to be a partner in crime with Shyam was totally justified. But the only important piece missing in the hate marriage, was he leaving Shyam unchecked, not keeping an eye on his ins and outs. Would have been great if he investigated the whole Shyam- Kh relationship and that led him to the mother of all Shyam's treachery, that is Shyam leading a double life at GH in the same city! Yes, we do understand CVs had to stretch this track, but there was so much scope to make it interesting!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ipkviewerlamspolly_mk

Post Reply New Post

Go to top