Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

sulu_123

sulu_123

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Just wondered, if barun had not been leaving, where wud the creatives have taken us further ??

Actually, if we go back in time, all of us agree that the story was well on track till feb 2012 and the hate marriage. It was post the hate marriage that people started getting more and more impatient.

But , i guess, the hate marriage track was always there. But we viewers got impatient becaz we wanted arnav's MU to get cleared soon. But obviously since the track had been planned , it could not possibly end overnight !

And it wasnt all that bad. In the beginning of the hate marriage track we saw arnav throw khushi out of his room at night and khushi shivering in the cold. There was such an outrage !. But lets remember that even then,  we were shown arnav suffering too. Despite his harsh words to khushi, we saw him search for khushi like crazy when she had been turned away from gupta house and had taken refuge in the temple.

We dint like arnav's blackmailing khushi with the fake divorce papers. But creatives had to justify khushi staying on in RM. And   they showed her doing so, for payal's sake.

And dint we get the brilliant holi track during this time ??

How khushi won over the entire family (except arnav ofcourse).?

We dint like the swamy track , but then wasnt it better than showing arnav torturing khushi ? And honestly, if we watch it now, its really enjoyable.

I feel the sole reason most of us  hated it that time was becaz we were impatient for the MU to be cleared.

Dint the delhi mein Bali episodes give us that brilliant dance on the title song where arnav brought to the fore all the possesiveness he felt for khushi ?

And the fancy dress competition track. It gave us some magical moments. Apart from the Heer Ranjha act, remember how the two songs 'chikni chameli' and 'tuhi mera ', which were actually part of promotion of another of star plus programs ,  were used brilliantly to show how enamoured arnav is of khsuhi. Just recall arnav's expressions when the 'Tuhi mera' performance was going on. The song was as if depicting his innermost and hidden feelings .

During this track we were also shown how arnav was torn between his love and concern  for khushi and his hatred for what he thought she had done

Then ,  the gupta house track. Well it also gave arnav a peek into the real life and simplicity of the guptas. It certainly brought Arnav closer to understanding khushi. And though khushi's suicide drama was irritating, it led to the revealation of the hate marriage reason by arnav!

And ofcourse the kidnap track ! Well, considering the lead actor was unavailable for nearly 45 days,, the creatives did a very good job of covering it up. I mean, they gave us the love confession, few shots of arnav here and there and carried on with sanaya.

The other characters did get sidelined, but it was after all only sanaya who cud possibly carry the serial in barun's absence. And she did so brilliantly. Here again the creatives managed to keep viewers happy by showing them arnav khushi moments like the dream song, their first meeting, the hut romance etc

I mean what else could the creatives have done ??

True , we din't get a proper redemption, but seriously i felt khushi had already forgiven him and arnav's subsequent actions totally redeemed him.

The dadi track was needed to add some drama to the remarriage track. But again we viewers are never ready to accept anything which brings arnav khushi relation under threat or uncertainty. We dint want suspense. We kept on hunting for spoilers which wud say 'yes they are defintely getting married'.

Did we have the stomach to wait for suspense to be revealed? It was this reason that we hated dadi track. In fact we always hated anything that came between arnav khushi.

But in spite of dadi and shyam's schemings, we had some awesomely romantic moments between arnav khushi during the remarriage functions. The haldi, roka, engagement, the sangeet. Arnav's heartfelt confession in his mom's garden. A romantic arnav and a coy khushi were such a treat to watch. And all those comparisons with the past events, the 'A' in the mehendi, the mandir engagement.

And best of all the farmhouse union under the stars. Have we seen such a uniquely beautiful consumnation ever on tv ?? The cvs did give us all those !

But alas ! Little did we know that our happiness wud be so shortlived.

Around the time of the remarriage, barun put in his papers. So the shyam revealtion had to be rushed through. His revealation had been left incomplete post the kidnap , perhaps to enable daljeet to  get her meatier moments of drama. And also, so that he cud come back to RM again.

Yes, his revealation was not  complete.  Like his attempt to kill Khushi's father, his various attempts on anjali's life, his constant advances on khushi went unrevealed. Wish the cvs had planned it out well, but can give them the benefit of doubt. I seriously feel that if barun had not been leaving, we might have got a more paced out revealation of shyam whereby the entire truth migth have come out. As a matter of fact the cvs lost out on a potential trp raising track by hurrying this whole part. We viewers had waited so long for shyam to get the punishment he deserved !

After shyams revealation though, we had some over the top episodes like the family movie outing and even arnav's b'day episodes were a let down. These were totally avoidable. They could have shown some beautiful romantic moments instead.

About the sheetal track, I seriously feel the cvs were planning to use it as an exit for arnav. Mayb they planned to show aarav was indeed arnav's son and khushi leaving arnav in spite of his protests and arnav being forced by khushi to accept sheetal . They might have shown him leaving with sheetal. I mean if they wanted to continue the serial without barun, they wud have to show him leaving or something, isnt it ??

But remember the uproar of the fans over  aarav. The petitions requesting cvs not to show aarav as arnav's son. How it wud spoil the love story. How only khushi cud ever bear arnav's child. So that is what we got. Finally we were shown that arnav had never slept with sheetal. In fact he never was that type of guy. (remember his dialogue to khushi ' mein us type ka ladka kabhi tha hi nahi ') . And we fans could breathe peacefully !

So, if ASR cannot ever leave khushi, no other actor can play ASR and the serial has to go on, then that leaves cvs with no other choice but to kill ASR.

So I guess, its easy for us to keep bashing Gul Khan and her team, but shouldnt we think of how they gave us an incredible story within the constraints.

The only thing that they could have done was plan a proper ending once barun's notice had come in and close all loops. But perhaps they also didn't forsee the outrage over new man for khushi. Had they done so, we might have still got an incredible and unforgettable ending. But to their credit they still managed to wrap up in 4 days and showed arnav khushi living happily ever after, mostly with the help of flashbacks in barun's absence.

So all in all, I for one have only sweet memories of IPKKND. It is the most unusual, incredibly beautiful love story created by a talented team and played by equally talented actors, not only barun and sanaya, but the  rest of the team as well.

I am sure many of you will agree to most of what I have written. IPKKND, incidentally, may be the only serial whose songs and Bg scores have also become a rage and have been downloaded by thousands of fans !!

Edited by sulu_123 - 16 January 2013 at 2:11am

The following 96 member(s) liked the above post:

rabiasabirnrifanben-10Suzich123toggle45anjaanichokriMindyanagrewaljananiish88sugarplum101anu97deewani_29Bhooma01Ftsarakrisha06SYGOgree86bindupoduval..Zahra..rajvtaStrawberry_pieshalinikanagusuhanee_06Mysterious_sLucifer16taklima_najSarunAddictionzo_OraDeeksha11Dhruvi2608rizibPrakalsumeetagatakasrdmmanutdno1ipkrocks21titanichomelesssanjana15650SeethugolpokobitaKhushiDMBanaya1roldcmad-eye..Zenny..SaRun.ArHi-Mistletoe-aashi_Barunz4everABCDesiGirl93annablovelygal_soulazylad8-FauZisamin6nebunadevsumHopeHorizon-Medha-ravalisharma06simran04.Boss.-DobByDoDgeR-vandana1965avcmydRadiantSanz..Sanaya.BaruntiahalderSkiranArshig8ArshiHameshaseriousishq30sikhni_lara3110-GredForge-Sidda8spate22P.SrinivasVeena..laddoo598tvshowfanNidsubh007harith25NewbiesoapfanSuchi.Rsbk2Catz.RangRasiyaneenabinuArshicsDidikisautParud_ForeverEccentricaPhoenixRisingArshi.Sugi.IPK

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If Barun had not been leaving ??" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SaRun.ArHi

Goldie

SaRun.ArHi

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
Amazing post.. 100% agree with u...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ben-10sumeeta

RadiantSanz..

IF-Dazzler

RadiantSanz..

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Fantastic and logical post, and I agree with all your points. Smile

MastMalang

IF-Sizzlerz

MastMalang

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Thats true.. 4 Rats would have done brilliantly if not for Barun's absence and leaving.. oh my how can I forget their love letter on Forum 32?
They came with 1 idiotic reason after another..

Swami and GH track - IPL

Kidnapping Track - Of course Barun's absence.. but seriously bubly and masala mama . chameli ki thail between payaash..

After kidnapping - not entire truth about shyaam.. half baked attempt at showing syaam's truth., Didi ki saut track then stupid dadi track

Remarriage - what can I say? miscarriage  drama. shyamanjali love story. The whole remarriage was a stressful for viewers.. not a happy event at all

After remarriage - Agreed Barun put in papers around remarriage time, what did they show after that.. They had 2 months to come with a good alternative or end the the show. all they got was shit-all track..this track totally ruined ASR character.. and what can I say about Khushi's OTT antics, totally ruined her character

The fact is they could not come with a single interesting track since feb- March.. the show would have ended  long time ago if not for Sarun's chemistry

Edited by saalu1 - 15 January 2013 at 1:05pm

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyarshianDuumps-Daredevil-ipkviewerrajvtagudia7craziefanserendipity235SarunAddictiongopikaajibhagyatharasun_shine_girlHorizonmelihoneyRainbow_petals.Boss.RadiantSanz..Shru9ti.Panache.risha8Arshig8.SobtiLicious.Bigbang_GD..Anita..polly_mk

lovelygal_sou

Goldie

lovelygal_sou

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Clapawesome post...this is the same what i feel...all aside, ipkknd n ArShi rocks n they remain in the fans hearts forever.,

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

taklima_najspate22

Arshi.Sugi.IPK

IF-Stunnerz

Arshi.Sugi.IPK

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Awesome Post Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spate22

Hope

IF-Dazzler

Hope

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Fantastic post. Very well said. I enjoyed all the tracks except Anjali's miscarriage drama, Sheetal Drama. I felt them to be utterly unnecessary tracks. 

Even though I was heart broken with the hate marriage, Arnav's taunts and many thing during that time. I also agree with what you said, these tracks made Arnav fall more in love with Khushi, know her more and understand her even more. I felt those tracks making their relationship strong and his love for her much stronger. 

He was ASR who doesn't believe in love and people. For him to trust Khushi after what he witnessed on the terrace would have been out of his personality. Also forgetting about it and accepting Khushi was not that easy for him. His past made it more difficult for him to come in terms with what he saw and to confront Khushi. ASR was scared of what she might say. His turmoil was brought out pretty well and at the same time they tried to show Khushi trying to fight him in her own way, to know the reason but as all failed she settled with making his life miserable and thus came Swami track.

I feel all the tracks were made for Arnav to slowly know, understand and see Khushi's life in close and personally. Scenes like holi, Khushi telling Garima that Arnav is the best Husband, feeding pani puri, airport, kidnap rescue were all real treat to watch. Just like you said I was very busy thinking about them staying together, their happily ever after that I never fully enjoyed all these but when I re-watch them I feel drooling again craving for more.

Man, when ever I  start talking about Arnav and Khushi I just end up writing more then I initially intend to. I love you ARSHI. Thank you Sanaya and Barun. 

Edited by Hope - 15 January 2013 at 1:50pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Duumpsmanutdno1sulu_123rajvtasimran04Veena..stg1

sirjusimiarshi

IF-Dazzler

sirjusimiarshi

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Thumbs Up awesome point

Post Reply New Post

Go to top