Afsar Bitiya

Kinshuk's new TC Article on Afsar Bitiya

-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
There was a lot of interference from the channel (Zee TV) pertaining to creative calls in Afsar Bitiya: Kinshuk Mahajan

Kinshuk Mahajan

Kinshuk Mahajan is not very happy with the way his Zee TV show Afsar Bitiya got wrapped up.

He shared with Tellychakkar.com. "Had the channel continued with this BDO (Mitali Nag) saga of fighting for social and family acceptance for a few months more when the second phase of digitization (Tier 2 cities) would have kicked of around March (2013), our ratings would have shown a much bigger jump. Sadly, they did not even wait for the  of the first phase that only included those of the four metros to come out before deciding to pull the plug. Even this new data would have shown a gradual increase as a large number of Biharis stay in the metros as well."

"It would really hurt, for whenever we would go out, people would praise our show; yet the appreciation never showed in the ratings. I have been told that Pintoo Singh's (his character's name) kurtas were a rage in Bihar and Jharkhand. The low numbers would make us question our efforts," he further added.

Talking about the popularity of the show, the actor averred, "The popularity of our show in the Bhojpuri belt can be judged by the fact that I was offered Bhojpuri films and item songs at an astronomical price; it's a different thing that I desisted from doing it."

Kinshuk also blamed the channel for lots of interference in the early phase as far as the creative calls were concerned. "Zee TV is known to do this. In fact, when I first signed on, I was told that the story would go on for two years and was accordingly briefed, but the way it finally came on screen, it was quite different. We only ended up telling three months of the whole story," he maintained.

Looking ahead, this cute guy, who first came on the TV scene with Dhoom Machaao Dhoom on Zee TV, wants to do something different again. "This is very important, for if you keep repeating yourself, producers and channels  start losing interest in you. Hence, after playing a lover boy in Bidaai and Chand Chupa Badal Mein, I deliberately chose to enact this rustic Bihari character in Village Boy Productions' Afsar Bitiya," he concluded.

This is a TC Article so I can't post the link but part of it

I just want to say that I'm glad Kinshuk feels the same way as us, if only they stuck the the BDO stuff and not that psycho stuff then this show would have gone until March or more, well said Kinshuk, I agree on each and every word of his 100%

Kinshuk if your reading this, I just want to say I am soo very happy that you said all this clearly and honestly and we fans agree with you 100%, thank you for this and I'm glad that you feel the same way your fans feel
Edited by FizaluvsKinshuk - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
BRAVO Kinny for saying it . And I am very happy that U said this without any fear and so honestly . Proud to be ur Fan ๐Ÿ‘ . Thanks for sharing it Fizu . And I seriously completely agree with Kinshuk . 
-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

BRAVO Kinny for saying it . And I am very happy that U said this without any fear and so honestly . Proud to be ur Fan ๐Ÿ‘ . Thanks for sharing it Fizu . And I seriously completely agree with Kinshuk . 

I know right, I absolutely agree with him, I'm proud to be his fan and your welcome ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
trinilisa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Hi Fiza,,

Just saw it too,,,I feel even more disgusted with zeetv than before,,could you imagine how Mitali, Kinshuk, and all the other actors felt,,,people at zeetv are so biased and unprofessional, and alot of favouritism,,,which we already knew,,,did not even wait for results of 19/12/12

I truly feel worse than before,,,sick to my stomach just thinking how people really treat other people,,,such betrayal,,,wish another channel could pick it up, but I don't know how it works with that industry,,,

A big congratulations to Kitali for such outstanding work, even to the end under the stressful circumstances,,,will always have your back,,,and to the rest of the cast and crew great job too

-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Kinshuk if your reading this, I just want to say I am soo very happy that you said all this clearly and honestly and we fans agree with you 100%, thank you for this and I'm glad that you feel the same way your fans feel  
-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Originally posted by: trinilisa

Hi Fiza,,

Just saw it too,,,I feel even more disgusted with zeetv than before,,could you imagine how Mitali, Kinshuk, and all the other actors felt,,,people at zeetv are so biased and unprofessional, and alot of favouritism,,,which we already knew,,,did not even wait for results of 19/12/12

I truly feel worse than before,,,sick to my stomach just thinking how people really treat other people,,,such betrayal,,,wish another channel could pick it up, but I don't know how it works with that industry,,,

A big congratulations to Kitali for such outstanding work, even to the end under the stressful circumstances,,,will always have your back,,,and to the rest of the cast and crew great job too

Hey Lisa ๐Ÿ˜Š and yeh same here and I agree, hope all of the one's I am fans of in the cast of Afsar Bitiya come back with something where they won't be treated like this but better ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by: trinilisa

Hi Fiza,,

I am glad Kinshuk cleared it all so openly and I m glad that We were right to guess that Zee always was unfair to AB . AB deserved lot more them the way it got from Zee . DISLIKE Zee for doing this with AB 
Originally posted by: FizaluvsKinshuk

Kinshuk is such a sweetheart . He is very honest Person . and I love him more and more as many as articles interviews I read about him ๐Ÿ˜ณ
-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

Kinshuk is such a sweetheart . He is very honest Person . and I love him more and more as many as articles interviews I read about him ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yep that's why I wait for more interviews on him because I know it will make me love him even more Embarrassed
trinilisa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Yes Kinshuk,, we are proud to say we are your fans100%,
Thanks for being honest, straight-forward and fearless,

So good to finally hear from you,,,

โค๏ธWe love you Kinshuk Mahajanโค๏ธ

Edited by trinilisa - 11 years ago