Users

Frequent Posters

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: wish.naren

I'm yet to watch 16th wala episode, looks like ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜²

thanks Uma Ji, Sindu for answering...!

So can we conclude that my thought is correct, as in South generally follow a custom for a child, while North people have adopted it for male child?... or so...!

@Uma ji...! really our elder texts describe rituals for a male child?...😲 nahiii,...😲

@Samir ji, no ðŸ˜ƒ get along and add some points pls..!😊

@JAMi, seriously, u have nothing to say about this?...😕

Vishnu the Puranas date back to the Gupta period a time when male domination was well entrenched. In South also in early times Pumsavana was done in the third month of pregnancy to ensure a male child. A point made by Sindhu. It was given up later and came to become a puja in the 8th month or seemantham for the well being of the child. From the later Vedic period onwards most texts written are biased in favour of men. In North however such pujas do continue but are not very widespread. Our original texts that is the Vedas were transmitted from generation to generation orally. What ever we have now is basically an interpretation and lot of additions over centuries. If our original texts were anti woman, woman would not have enjoyed an equal position to men during the Early Vedic period. There they were allowed to openly debate, write poetry and hold administrative posts.In the later Vedic period the fall started and has not stopped. It is almost 5000 yrs back that we were treated equal.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
What was going on here!😲

Vishnu...Watch the epi and raise ur BP!😆

Uma Aunty...Thanks again!😃

SamiR Paaji...Yes...Really 'really' One of our very Vigya member!

SwerveBae thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: farhana874

What was going on here!😲

Vishnu...Watch the epi and raise ur BP!😆

Uma Aunty...Thanks again!😃

SamiR Paaji...Yes...Really 'really' One of our very Vigya member!

Spam Zindabad 😳
Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ArHiLover-x

What exactly is it? sorry i don't know about many poojas/rituals

It is a pooja so that the pregnant lady gives birth to a son only (Oh come on..There is something called SCIENCE!!!)
Indian parents especially the mother wants mostly a boy to be born. They keep on producing kids until they have a son. You will not believe, I have seen parents who have 5-6 daughters and then a son. India is the 2nd largest populated country due to these type of stupid reasons only.
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@farhana

yup sure meenudi, bhabho or bhi koi h are han vo chavi or mohit thy also need treatment
sabko courier kar do 😆