Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

inlieu

inlieu

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:33am | IP Logged
I love the story, but I am quite disappointed at the poor diction of some of the characters/actors. They speak a lot of Urdu and you'd expect them to speak it properly, especially when it comes to pronouncing certain words. Any Khan should be able to pronounce the 'Kh' in his name properly! At least Zoya, Dilshaad, and Rashid get it right.
I know there are a lot of KSG fans here - he's a great actor, but polishing up his Urdu would really do wonders for his character's integrity.

Edited by inlieu - 15 January 2013 at 6:37am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

msg1Diaphanous-Racha-naina2010Archi02Deepti1808Siddhi_crazy4KASH_AR--Kriti--shanakyasharan-RohitMaxwell-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Urdu and Diction" in Qubool Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

crazy4KASH_AR

IF-Sizzlerz

crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:37am | IP Logged
I don't remember KSG speaking any Urdu word wrong...
But you are right.Urdu's diction is quite important and a language if used must be pronounced correctly.
Nice post.

Edited by crazy4KASH_AR - 15 January 2013 at 6:34am

bubbles_rogue

Goldie

bubbles_rogue

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:40am | IP Logged
yeah i noticed that too..its annoying at times..hope they can work on that..sometimes he gets it right and sometimes it's wrong..good diction will help him a lot in his career ahead..just my two cents..

inlieu

inlieu

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy4KASH_AR

But you are right.Urdu's diction is quite important and a language if used must be pronounced correctly.
Nice post.

The way he pronounces 'khud' and 'khush' and other Urdu origin words!! Not to mention 'Khan'!! Aaargh! He's a Khaaan!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Deepti1808crazy4KASH_AR

Deepti1808

IF-Rockerz

Deepti1808

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by inlieu

I love the story, but I am quite disappointed at the poor diction of some of the characters/actors. They speak a lot of Urdu and you'd expect them to speak it properly, especially when it comes to pronouncing certain words. Any Khan should be able to pronounce the 'Kh' in his name properly! At least Zoya, Dilshaad, and Rashid get it right.
I know there are a lot of KSG fans here - he's a great actor, but polishing up his Urdu would really do wonders for his character's integrity.

inlieu so good to see you here my friend
Hug

Chalo atleast someone i know is around here. THANK GODLOL

And about the diction part... come on ... sab chalta haiEmbarrassed, take it easy.
There is so much more to the show than just thatBig smile

Edited by Deepti1808 - 15 January 2013 at 6:44am

crazy4KASH_AR

IF-Sizzlerz

crazy4KASH_AR

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by inlieu

Originally posted by crazy4KASH_AR

Nice post.

The way he pronounces 'khud' and 'khush' and other Urdu origin words!! Not to mention 'Khan'!! Aaargh! He's a Khaaan!

Now that you've said,I'll take  a note of it in today's episode.Wink
Thanks for bringing it to my notice.

-RohitMaxwell-

IF-Addictz

-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
being a non urdu speaking ppl KSG is doing extra ordinary job! i appreciate him and i also respect your criticism so that all the actors can improve themselves. thanks

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Deepti1808crazy4KASH_AR

naina2010

IF-Dazzler

naina2010

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 6:52am | IP Logged
Becoz of QH we are able to learn some urdu as well. The show is not only with the best storyline but also with the fabulous star cast.

Asad, Ayaan,Zoya, Dilshaad,Shireen, Nazma, Nikhat all are fabulous in their roles.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Archi02Deepti1808crazy4KASH_AR

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.