Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kdsubs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Kirthi - my friend. Beautifully captured. You went straight to the point nah - the impact on the kids - not only Ansh, but also Palak and Payal. But most of all Ansh. When SP finally realizes what he has done, this is precisely what is going to cut him to the core - that he robbed Ansh (yes, even Ansh, because he does love the boy) and his precious little princesses of their childhood. Yash and Arti are adults - and by extension, able to take care of themselves. But the children - the ones who blindly depend on us, look up to us, believe us and in us - the impact to them can well be irreparable. At least in the real world - serial hai, so things will work out i expect. 
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Kirthi, such a beautiful post, and so heartbreaking to think of all the implications for Ansh. I had this picture captured and saved from the episode, and I was going to just post it in DC, but after reading your post it seems so much more appropriate to put it here!

This was Ansh's expression as he watched Yash pin Prashant down and I really do think it says a thousand words.

His expression shows both anger and satisfaction and I think that is because the biggest burden Ansh feels on his shoulders is the need to protect his mother. Before the PV, Aarti and Ansh had an incredibly co-dependent relationship and as much as Aarti felt the need to shield Ansh from anything that could shatter his idyllic worldview, Ansh too felt the need to cheer his mother up whenever she felt lonely or sad. As much as Aarti devoted every moment to Ansh, Ansh demanded every moment from Aarti, which in itself was a responsibility for him, to keep her constantly occupied. Even when they ran away together to Lalitpur he could sense her sadness and did the only thing he knew how, demanded her attention by laying his head on her lap.

And this is one of the many facets of Yash's importance in Ansh's life that Prashant utterly fails to understand. Yash is not only Ansh's father because he does "papa things" like playing with him and buying him chocolate. He is Ansh's father because he is the one who protects Aarti and thereby redeems Ansh of that responsibility, allowing him to be a kid. Ansh can't perceive this right now on a cognitive level because it is too complex. He just feels it, but that doesn't diminish how important a role it plays in the entire equation.

I love this picture for two things: the expression on Ansh's face as he watches the one who tried to hurt his mother come to justice, and the way he is possessively holding on to her. Ansh and Yash have their own bond yes, but a big part of what binds them is Yash's unquestionable respect for what Ansh holds most dear, i.e. Aarti. The confusion will be there for Ansh, no doubt, but in the end, only Yash has the sincere feelings and actions that are going to clear the picture for him and that will come through!

I loved your last paragraph the most. No child is without their share of turmoil, be it sooner or later, and the loss of innocence is always a big change. But having parents who provide a safe space and guidance to deal with that confusion, that is what really makes all the difference and that is precisely what Aarti and Yash are doing for these three little ones.
angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

@Phal, thanks.😳

@Kat, you are here. πŸ€—Haan, this is a serial so everything will turn out hunky dory. πŸ˜†

Real world has so many such cases. Kids being torn between two sides. The effect on them is so sad. I have seen the disillusionment and anger and uncertainty in the eyes of some of them. It is heart breaking. The kids end up being victims of adult ego clashes and what not. 

angake thumbnail

Awww Sammy, now that brought tears to my eyes. I honestly didn't notice Ansh's expression while I was watching the episode. 

Yes, I love this show for precisely this reason that they show the nastiness that prevails in our society but they also show hope. You are absolutely spot on, what Yash has done is eased the burden from Ansh's little shoulder by stepping in. What Prashant took away even before he met Ansh for the first time was truly a part of his childhood and what Yash gave him back by being his father and most importantly being a husband to Aarti was restoring that childhood. Ansh will go through confusion during the custody battle but yes I don't think Prashant or for that matter SP can ever shake the bond that has been built between Yash and Ansh.   

I remembered a quote just now "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love (and I would add respect) their mother". Look at the picture both fathers are painting in Ansh's mind. He watches one being disrespectful and hurtful to his mother and the other standing by his mother, protecting her and loving her no matter what comes their way. 

@leeguru, thank you. :)

Anu_4_U thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
A brilliant write up summarising the effect of our actions on the innocent mind of a child!

Superb!πŸ‘ β­οΈ
doratalk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am approaching this thread like it's DC! But anyways...

Indu- I loved your point about how Ansh is going to start resisting P's attempts to tarnish Aarti and Yash's images. It made me think of the fact that when P got infatuated with the idea of being a father- he met a very lost little boy- someone who needed help. Then, he met an Ansh who was so secure in his parents' love that he was more than willing to indulge his friend uncle. All the needs of the child were being met by Yash and Aarti- and P was just providing extra fun. Not necessary fun- just frills that Ansh could live without but he enjoyed getting them anyway. This is what I call the "fun-aunt" syndrome- because when the baby starts crying, you can hand it over to the mom and walk away. 

It struck me over the weekend that P was asking for Ansh to be his son- but not offering to be Ansh's father. Writing this response makes this such a huge factor in what P is getting himself and Ansh into. He is clueless about what a parent has to deal with. Children are cute but they are not always cute. They throw tantrums, they ask a zillion questions, they have needs, they whine. They need help with bathing and clothing and eating and sleeping. They cannot understand or accept explanations that an adult would get- because they don't operate like an adult does. The same logic does not apply. They don't always want to have fun. P doesn't get any of this- as shown by his handling of Ansh post ankle-sprain. Seriously- how dumb was it to take a little boy with a bandage to the park! P thinks Ansh will be all in awe of him and doing the fun handshake all the time. Kids like presents but buying presents without doing the parenting is not going to cut it. 

Now I feel like I am just in rant mode. P's non-chalance to the havoc he is wroughting just gets me so mad! So. Mad.
lulujjjj thumbnail
Wow... wonderful post Kirthi  i  loved it dear ... SP and P are making a grave mistake thinking Ansh taken away from aarti she would go back to  P ,  it would be painful to see yash, aarti  Paypal  ansh suffer.
lovely_nikki thumbnail
Kirthi
Indu
Samana
Dora

You guys are really amazing. The way you are able to analyze a situation and explain it in way that changes the whole perspective of that scene. πŸ‘

It was really heart wrenching to see Ansh going through all this just because two men ( SP and Prashant) whom Ansh loves and respects so much are out to destroy his parents married life. SP and Prashant are those male chauvinist type who just can't see beyond their false ego. In the process of satisfying their hurt ego, they are ready to play with a small child's feelings, without giving a second thought about the effect it will have on Ansh in the long run, thus effecting Aarti, Yash, palak and Payal. And they claim to love their respective sons. πŸ˜‘ They don't deserve to be call a father.

We all know that the end result will show both SP and Prashant their true place, but at what cost. After almost destroying a loving, caring and happy family. πŸ˜‘

We know that Yash and Aarti are very strong. And they will do everything in their power to protect and keep their family united and happy.

Edited by lovely_nikki - 11 years ago
angake thumbnail

Ohhh I like Dora in a rant mode. πŸ˜†

But absolutely right Dora. What in the world does this guy no about parenting? And that is the question they have asked again and again. Is it possible to be a father if you couldn't be a son? A heavily loaded question! Prashant never did respect his relationship between with his parents, So then can he understand what it is to be a father. However there are tons of people in this world who are estranged from their own parents yet prove to be wonderful parents themselves. But within the context of this show Prashant thinks parenting is like eating candy floss. I would love to see him deal with an Ansh who is being difficult and throwing tantrums. 

I loved your statement: Children are cute but not always cute. True, from personal experience. πŸ˜• There are times when I swear I have seen little red horns sprouting from their heads. 

@Shanuk, thank you.

@Naeema, Yup I would love to see Sp and the rest of the Scindia members when they see PayPal and ArYa suffer without Ansh yet never give up hope and fight for the little boy. 

lulujjjj thumbnail
@Kirthi I loved your statement: Children are cute but not always cute.

So true dear some times they would be the main reason behind a cold war between the parents.
πŸ˜† Edited by lulujjjj - 11 years ago