India-Forums

Kamya Punjabi quits 'Rihhaee'

sarina_202 Senior Member
sarina_202
sarina_202

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:07pm | IP Logged

Kamya Punjabi quits 'Rihhaee'

Kamya Punjabi (the other woman in Zee's Reth) is out of Sony's Rihhaee. The actress could not handle the two shows together, we hear.

Better 'Reth' than 'Rihhaee'?

"Earlier I was told by the Rihhaee team that I would be required for only seven or eight days in a month. Now, they want block dates for the entire month. Since I am also doing Reth, which in fact, had happened to me much earlier than Rihhaee, I could not do what they wanted," she says ruefully.

But why choose Reth over Rihhaee? "I did what was ethically correct. I don't think their new and sudden demand was justified. Rihhaee has not been able to build a bank as was promised me earlier," she quips.

Cut to the show's creative head, Sharad Raj. Interestingly, Raj passed the buck on to Reth. "Reth does not have a bank. Moreover, Kamya's role has increased in that serial," he offers. While Kamya says that her character has not been terminated logically, Raj claims that it was not required anymore. "We have changed the format a bit, which would show that Kamya has moved on in life. I have brought in Kishwar, but she is not a replacement for Kamya per se. Kishwar is a new character in the NCCW team." Till date, Kishwar has acted in many serials, including Sony's Dhadkan and Sahara's Kagaar.

"We parted amicably. There is no bitterness," concludes Kamya. Amen.

By VICKEY LALWANI Posted on 11 MAY 2005
3 pm

okay..i had no idea that she was even on that show

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Junglee_Sher

shikdumGAL Senior Member
shikdumGAL
shikdumGAL

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
lier lier.......i guess she is startin' to love Shekhar after seeing herself n' Shekhar's jodi on Reth Episodes on how she snatched him n' got him into her love web. So she flunked Rihaaee n' stayin wid Reth. LOL
SimarikSmokin Goldie
SimarikSmokin
SimarikSmokin

Posted: 17 May 2005 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
hahahahahh! shehkar has a gf not faitAngry
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top