Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 151

fansush

IF-Sizzlerz

fansush

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guggu_Minty

Ronnie Screwvala
@RonnieScrewvala @Abhishekapoor @utvfilms #kaipoche - Berlin is just the start of the Kai Po Che Global
Journey...and will break Records in India too...

thnks  ashu  !!    wow   ronnie  looks  super confident  !!   praying kpc  becomes a huge success!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Sushant's BW Debut~ #5 (Page 8)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

TazinSushantFan

IF-Sizzlerz

TazinSushantFan

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sangsushita

<h1>Sandesh News- Watch Exclusive interview of team of Kai Po Che!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bEzbaPrdxg

Thanks for sharingSmile

sangsushita

TazinSushantFan

IF-Sizzlerz

TazinSushantFan

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Guggu_Minty

Ronnie Screwvala
@RonnieScrewvala @Abhishekapoor @utvfilms #kaipoche - Berlin is just the start of the Kai Po Che Global
Journey...and will break Records in India too...

yayy way to go kpc teamParty

Jaishankar

Guggu_Minty

IF-Rockerz

Guggu_Minty

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
People expect Kai Po Che to be better than book-Abhishek Kapoor

Director Abhishek Kapoor and author Chetan Bhagat dropped in at After Hrs for a stimulating discussion on the synergy between books and films

Kaushani Banerjee (DNA;
January 16, 2013)

What are the pros and cons of working on a film based on a book?
Abhishek Kapoor: The plus point is that everyone has read it, is
already aware of the book and if they've liked it, the movie starts on a good footing. But then
comes a lot of responsibility, because the book has been liked
so much, the audience wants more value for their money. People expect the movie to be
better than the book. They want it to be worth their while, because anyone who has read
the book has visualised the film in their head in some way. So we have changed quite a few things. It should be a fun experience for the audience, especially for the ones who've already ready the book.

What were the elements that you had to drop from the book for Kai Po Che?
Abhishek: Certain things that feel good in a book and do not work on screen. You can't explain
certain things, for example the thoughts of the narrator.
Chetan : All my books are in first person. The thoughts of the protagonist may be very witty or insightful. But those thoughts cannot always be picturised. But
we try and incorporate it
through a visual or any other angle. In the book, the protagonist talks about how he wants to be big and how he wants to make money. This is
hard to show on screen, but the opening scene of the trailer shows them sitting in a car and
they are imagining that they own the car. This symbolises their aspirations for a better life, which a lot of young Indians have but they are held back. So all they can get is imagining
themselves driving that car. Now this is not something I can do in
a book, it can only come in a film from a director's vision. In a book the same thing will take
twenty pages of text. In the book he talks about his angst, his pent up frustration and this may not even be registered in the promo, but the mood of the film sets the
tone.

The synergy between books and movies, especially now that we see a lot of popular books being made into movies, do you think this is there to stay?
Chetan: Yes, it is there to stay. In Hollywood more than 70 per cent of films are made out of books.
One of the reasons is for pure business risk reduction, because you know that the story works on paper even without stars, without music, the story is
already a hit. Second factor is popular books tend to be very cinematic. So the connect is already established. For example,
Twilight is the biggest opening movie, Hunger Games was another hit irrespective of who
was acting in it. Bollywood is not at that stage yet. I am hoping
though, one day my novel has the biggest opening. I do admit 3
Idiots was large because of Aamir. But even compared to other Aamir films 3 Idiots was beyond that. Somewhere down
the line, the story helped in making the film achieve that. Now the real test lies, when we
do not have an Aamir Khan. Here we have the filmmaker and the
story, now lets see what
business the film generates. And if that can get us an opening, then for sure, this trend is here
to stay. People these days are looking for alternative to stars, not everybody can get stars.

Sometimes movies don't live up to the book, is that a worry for Kai Po Che?
Abhishek: Not at all. Once I have taken up this project I have made
it mine. I know it is Chetan Bhagat's book, but in my heart it is my film. For Bollywood, adaption from a novel, this may
not stand true.

Chetan, most of your books are based on Indian characters and
space, are you planning to write anything out of the Indian context?
Chetan: It is unlikely that I will do that. My goal is to reach Indians through writing. To transform
India, to get a big Indian
audience and then infuse my views about what needs to change in the country. So it is unlikely to write about three Norwegians who go on a fishing trip.

Chetan, have ever been tempted to turn filmmaker?
In fact I was tempted not to, after seeing how much hair Abhishek has lost..(laughs). I am
connected to films but it is not a burning desire to make a movie. I have a good thing going in my
writing, and it's not just stories now, it's social networking, opinion pieces, columns and I
feel it's making a difference and people are noticing. So I do not
want to give all that up. Directing is a immersive process. I would have to immerse in it totally. I do
not see myself at the moment, turning into a director. It is not something I would be passionate about.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sangsushitaJaishankar..Sonii..suanmajoni03TazinSushantFanfansush

sushkita10

IF-Rockerz

sushkita10

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
i hv no words after knowing such great news only can express this wayClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapsushantThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Upi hope we can see the premier where sushant with big smileDay Dreamingif possible anki also with himDay DreamingDay Dreaming

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Jaishankarsuanishika_sushitamajoni03fansushTazinSushantFan

sushkita10

IF-Rockerz

sushkita10

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

Sandesh News- Watch Exclusive interview of team of Kai Po Che!

thank u so much for sharing itBig smileit works and i can see sush interview.i liked how sush enjoying his film journeyBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sangsushitaJaishankarsuan

fansush

IF-Sizzlerz

fansush

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

Sandesh News- Watch Exclusive interview of team of Kai Po Che!

thnk u so much   !!   

LOL   vartalap in gujjuLOL
hmm..sushant doesnt seem to hv picked up gujju..only kai po che  frm him

amit...LOL  thusa thusi reva de...ROFLROFL  .                 hecalled AK   ..mota bhai...
           okk...  thusa thusi reva de means  cm on guys stop the pushing around!   ya they r so together hving fun pushing n punchingLOL            n mota bhai means big or elder brother  .

these guys hv really   enjoyed their time during making of the film!       

Edited by fansush - 15 January 2013 at 10:05pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sangsushitaJaishankarishika_sushita

Guggu_Minty

IF-Rockerz

Guggu_Minty

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
timesofindia.com/entertainment/tv/Wedding-bells-will-ring-soon-Ravi-Dubey/articleshow/18043597.cms

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sangsushitaJaishankar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top