Posted: 11 years ago
I've been really annoyed with Sajid ji's 'entertainment' comment. Yes, the act should be entertaining by all means. However, this is a dancing reality show and therefore the dance component and choreography should be the utmost importance when judging the performances. He has been way too harsh on good  contestants with strong choreography. He has been way too lenient to not so good contestants with poor choreography. Because for him its only entertainment that matters. If an act is entertaining with the weakest choreography ever, he will give out a 10 or an 11 whereas strong, good choreography will earn less than 10 points. Its really unfair.

After watching this weekend's episode, I've been very disappointed with the judging panel, most with Sajid and Shilpa. Sajid is a big and huge no no for the judging panel. Shilpa is still okay to bear, however, I find her biased towards certain couples. She gave very low scores to those that deserved higher marks based on a complete overall performance and she gave very high marks to those that didn't necessarily deserve such high marks.

Obviously Terence is the most proper judge on the dance panel being the only one with pure dance knowledge. But there are times where even I don't agree with his judging. A score of 11 should only be given out to EXCEPTIONAL performances. And by EXCEPTIONAL I mean choreography that is above and beyond and a concept that has never been showcased on television before. Something that someone will look at and be like "WOW"! Performances that are not up to that EXCEPTIONAL mark should earn a max of 10. 

Having said all of that I have to say that I did not agree with the judging on most of the performances this week. I know I am not as knowledgeable in dance as the judges may be, but I can definitively distinguish between an 11, a 10, a 9, a 8, and a 6 or below! That is for sure.

Every performance should be entertaining, but you can't judge on just the basis of entertainment. Choreography. concept, and execution is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR component!  

I hope going forward the judges judge better than this! So far, disappointing. 
Totally agree with you...👏

and honestly...

they shud give 6 marks for JUST SIMPLY stepping onto the stage. it takes stamina.. and dedication to pull off 18 hour shifts and then practicing for nach baliye... 

i would like sajid khan to get up there next week and perform the same trampoline routine sargun and ravi performed ..then he will realize that this is a DANCE SHOW not a CIRCUS.
Originally posted by -IshkkZaadi-

Totally agree with you...👏

and honestly...

they shud give 6 marks for JUST SIMPLY stepping onto the stage. it takes stamina.. and dedication to pull off 18 hour shifts and then practicing for nach baliye... 

i would like sajid khan to get up there next week and perform the same trampoline routine sargun and ravi performed ..then he will realize that this is a DANCE SHOW not a CIRCUS.

Well I really also didn't understand the trampoline component based on the concept. Yes, it was creative and innovative, but it really didn't go with the overall theme in my opinion. But they certainly did not deserve such a low score. That was wrong.
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Well I really also didn't understand the trampoline component based on the concept. Yes, it was creative and innovative, but it really didn't go with the overall theme in my opinion. But they certainly did not deserve such a low score. That was wrong.
 😆  I was just worried one of them was going to fall of the wires they were standing on because they were shaking😕..and as far as concept.. i agree it was not needed... and i think this is where ravi sargun need to step in next time and try to get the choreographers to step their level up... 😳

For me.. the low point of their act was the flow... there were too many interruptions.. and on off on off.. happening.. 😕

But.. like everyone else on the forum has been saying... 6/11 ...  its not justified by any means..
Edited by -IshkkZaadi- - 11 years ago
Exactly, A performance should be entertaining on the basis of its dance content , This is a DANCE reality show not a comedy show.
Sajid is just annoying, I dont understand why is he even there on this show. He gives more importance to the entertainment value or the 'fun quotient' rather than the choreography and steps.
Shilpa is better, but sometimes i don't really understand her criteria of giving marks, it fells different with different contestants.
Terrance has being a a bit of a disappointing for me as i am his HUGE FAN and he is being too lenient. He is giving full marks to BAD dancers is definitely how Terrance Lewis is.. I miss his 'good points and bad points...' *sigh* but well he still is the best judge on the panel ofcorse.
Like you said a performance should be judged by its Choreography. concept, and execution, expressions and NOT by how funny it is -_-
sadly we will have to deal with this. :(
GREAT POST!

I agree with everything you say.
And the worst part of all is, HE SAYS THAT THE PUBLIC ALSO THINKS THE SAME WAY!

UHHH, no we don't.
I've seen so much criticism of this season's judging and many people differ from what the judges judge on. IT SUCKS.

I kinda would hate to be on Sajid's hit list that he has set up. He is so bias towards Rahul-Dimpy!
Also, he thinks the public wants entertainment. UH NO. We want good dancing not just entertainment. And when there is good dancing, there WILL BE ENTERTAINMENT.

Sajid is pissing  me off.

Love,
Piggies🐷
Totally agree with you... It is a dancing show and in my opinion Sajid has nothing to offer in the show...Anyways... Dancing should come first and entertainment next... 

To give 33/33 for "Fevicol - Item song" was insanity beyond words...I agree he worked hard but come on his dance was less than average...
Honestly I would have given that Fevicol Se performance an 8 or 9. 

It was interesting and entertaining, but weak in choreography in most places. :/
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Honestly I would have given that Fevicol Se performance an 8 or 9. 

It was interesting and entertaining, but weak in choreography in most places. :/

I couldn't believe that he gave Sargun-Ravi  a FREAKIN' 6! AND, I am not a fan of them but I mean they are good.😊
UH, who the heck do you think you are?!

Apparently, dancing on a trampoline ISN'T CREATIVE OR ENTERTAINING?!
Are you kidding me?! And changing roles and dancing stupidly IS?!

Sajid Khan needs to step up and start judging on the dance. He seriously knows NOTHING about entertainment. He pretends like he has a PhD on it!
Because if he did, he would know GOOD DANCING IS ENTERTAINMENT.

I literally want to make him be a contestant and I would be the judge! There will be many many things I would make him do! LOL. 

Love,
Piggies🐷