Shiva-Parvati Story (updated on page-2,3,4,5&6) - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
last story from me..its again by Sri Chinmoy

Shiva Provides a Home for Parvati

Lord Shiva and Parvati lived at the top of the Himalayas. Sometimes they stayed on Mount Kailash and sometimes they stayed on another mountain named Mandara. One day Parvati said to her consort, 'My Lord, everybody has a house. Can we not also have a house? When the weather is hot here on the top of the mountain, I suffer so much. You are in your trance, but I cannot enjoy trance as you do, so I suffer unbearably. Please give me a house to live in.'

Shiva was in his own world, and he paid no attention to his wife's request. A few years passed by and Parvati brought up the matter once more. 'My Lord, please let us have a house,' she begged.

'I am so poor,' Shiva replied. 'How can I give you a house? Let us go and take up our abode at the foot of a tree. There you will find shade. The tree will protect us.'

'Yes,' said Parvati, 'a tree can give us shade and shelter to some extent. But when it rains heavily, what can a tree do? When there are hurricanes or cyclones or monsoons, what will happen? The rain will come and destroy every-thing.'

'I am very, very poor. What can I do?' answered Shiva.

'Indeed, you are poor!' responded his wife. 'But you have made so many people rich. How is it that you have made others rich while you yourself have remained poor? They are lucky. They can get anything they want from you because they are your devotees. But when I want to have something for myself, you refuse me ' and I am your wife!' Parvati started weeping pitifully. Then she continued, 'I beg you, my Lord, please provide us with a house. Otherwise, I cannot escape from the rain. I can tolerate the heat but not the rain.'

Shiva's heart melted. He said to his wife, 'Because I am so poor, I cannot give you a proper house. But since I have prayed and meditated for so many years, I can do you this favour. Let us change our abode. Let us move away from this tree on the mountaintop. We shall no longer stay on Kailash or Mandara. We shall enter into the clouds. From now on, the clouds will be our home. We shall remain inside them and we will not be on earth at all. We will not touch the ground. Therefore the rain will not affect us; nothing will affect us.'

So Shiva and Parvati entered into the clouds to live. One name of Shiva is Jimutabahin, meaning 'one who is inside the cloud.' Lord Shiva and Parvati still live inside the clouds because Shiva could not afford to have a house.

Edited by Kadamvari - 11 years ago
this story is most beautiful of all to me
Thanks again for this story. 
I did not knew about this as it is said that Lord Shiva house is nature & also showed in DKDM.
Originally posted by kaatayani

its such a cute story...

yes this one is cutest of all shiv-parvati story i found
Originally posted by Kadamvari

last story from me..its again by Sri Chinmoy

Shiva Provides a Home for Parvati

Lord Shiva and Parvati lived at the top of the Himalayas. Sometimes they stayed on Mount Kailash and sometimes they stayed on another mountain named Mandara. One day Parvati said to her consort, 'My Lord, everybody has a house. Can we not also have a house? When the weather is hot here on the top of the mountain, I suffer so much. You are in your trance, but I cannot enjoy trance as you do, so I suffer unbearably. Please give me a house to live in.'

I agree with Parvati.Cause she is the one who suffers alot during Shiva's Million years long meditation.😭

Shiva was in his own world, and he paid no attention to his wife's request. A few years passed by and Parvati brought up the matter once more. 'My Lord, please let us have a house,' she begged.

Bholenath😳😳 and a hermit too. 😳

'I am so poor,' Shiva replied. 'How can I give you a house? Let us go and take up our abode at the foot of a tree. There you will find shade. The tree will protect us.'

Hmm...so in DKDM they showed that Mahadev's meditating seat is beneath a treeπŸ˜†.But what an cute answer...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†"Chalo Briksh ke niche chalte hai...uske chhaon pe tum khush rahogi"

'Yes,' said Parvati, 'a tree can give us shade and shelter to some extent. But when it rains heavily, what can a tree do? When there are hurricanes or cyclones or monsoons, what will happen? The rain will come and destroy every-thing.'

Valid objections.

'I am very, very poor. What can I do?' answered Shiva.

Why????πŸ˜•

'Indeed, you are poor!' responded his wife. 'But you have made so many people rich. How is it that you have made others rich while you yourself have remained poor? They are lucky. They can get anything they want from you because they are your devotees. But when I want to have something for myself, you refuse me ' and I am your wife!' Parvati started weeping pitifully. Then she continued, 'I beg you, my Lord, please provide us with a house. Otherwise, I cannot escape from the rain. I can tolerate the heat but not the rain.'

Don't cry Ma...😭😭By the way this is true...Mahadev always gives everything from wealth to health and knowledge to power to his devotee but ...for Ma...😭😭😭😭

Shiva's heart melted. He said to his wife, 'Because I am so poor, I cannot give you a proper house. But since I have prayed and meditated for so many years, I can do you this favour. Let us change our abode. Let us move away from this tree on the mountaintop. We shall no longer stay on Kailash or Mandara. We shall enter into the clouds. From now on, the clouds will be our home. We shall remain inside them and we will not be on earth at all. We will not touch the ground. Therefore the rain will not affect us; nothing will affect us.'

Wow what a solution.😭😭

So Shiva and Parvati entered into the clouds to live. One name of Shiva is Jimutabahin, meaning 'one who is inside the cloud.' Lord Shiva and Parvati still live inside the clouds because Shiva could not afford to have a house.

Yeah...after that Ma and Prabhu reside in the clouds so this earth becomes orphan and land of Asuras, terrorists, repists and other satanic's favourite place. Please come back Ma with your Lord and our father.😭

Thanks. Outstanding story.😭😭