IF-Rockerz

Lumos

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lakshmi_3004

Originally posted by -varun-

hey laks..

here goes the posers--
they are just very few. will appreciate if u answer them in detail. Smile
  1. what is ur greatest ambition in life? is it fulfilled?life has taught me never to have one..so no question of getting fulfilledEmbarrassed
  2. how far do u connect harry potter to the world of reality? as much as i can..Embarrassed without alarming my well-wishers
  3. if u were to address a non-HP crowd to get to read HP, how would u do it in a speech of two minutes? compose...."hello guys... what-sup?? read any recent books?? ...(after there answers) oh wow ..that's cool...that title is so interesting...umm...have you ever tried HP? *based on the reply i would either recommend it...or i wouldn't...books should be read out of interest..not by force..*...but if i get answers in the affirmative..i would say.."y don't you guys try it...just have a go at it..trust me it will be a good read...relaxing to the mind..and its a real page turner...".(this is what i did to make my class read it..and TBH 28-30 ppl of the class read it ..on my words ) " just go through first 2-3 chapters...then tell me what you feel "
  4. Name a thing u learnt from HP so far that u haven't from any other book? imagination can be kept in front of people in simple way too
  5. anything u didnt agree with the author and wished it to be portrayed differently? yeap many...but manily lupin and tonks's death...cos JKR said that she wanted to repeat the pattern of an orphan like HP..Angry
  6. dont u think had Neville been in harry's shoes, he would have done greater justice to harry's role?why or why not? its not...yeah i agree we would have got a different story of courage and loyalty...but the scenarios HP was in ..even if he acted irrationally was a trademark of Harry's "character thought process..." each role has different personality...yeah i agree Neville too grew up sans parents...but the loss of parents..and never able to see them..not getting to know about them all these things harry used as motivating force,,which were strong enough to last him till the end...i mean atleast Neville had his granny...and knew about magical world...harry being the outsider had this advantage of judging without magical influence...he could see world with different eyes..and could imbibe his muggle life experience...to his advantage in here.. i would go on to say the effective use of expelliarmus spell is also cos of his muggle upbringing...
  7. what has been your greatest achievement so far? making friends happy..i live breathe die for friends
  8. what do u have to say about the teenage romance being seen around in colleges and on  streets? isnt it polluting our culture or u go with the one-can-do-what-one-wants and free-will ideology?elaborate. culture is what we define...with some set of rational explanations...the do's and don'ts should be backed with strong reasoning and examples...our culture has it...but you can't force people to SEE it...cos unless until something strongly (be it hurt pain or failure or hardwork)...motivates... human are lousy at learning...well all i can say is you can bring the horse to the pond but can't make it drink water from it...so let the teenage people go about life in there own way...cos humans are prone to learn more easily when they get hurt ..and life has its own way to teach ...what's good and what's not for an individual...people become wise as the time goes by..so we are in no position to moral police them...let life do it's work
  9. Your odyssey from stumbling upon HP till being a fan. well nothing much...am pretty much loner child as you might have got the picture from my answers about friendship to previous questionnaires...so books have been my friend for a long time now...and i just hooked on to it going on it merely taking my uncle's words when he presented me with THE original HP books from London (as he works in UNO and has some contacts with publishing house...you know one of the first lots...)...till now he has been the source of HP books to me..and as i had already had read LOTR series...it was easy to get attached..
  10. if u r a religious/spiritual person, do u think HP can be compared to any holy epic?if yes, describe; if no describe why not. yeah am very very religious person..but i tend to keep things at its proper place..it makes life less complicated you know..i accord it high place in my life...BUT as a work of pure fiction and immense imagination at work...and am more interested in the world created by JKR hence..i never have thought in this direction TBH...

thanks for the prompt and detailed answers! ClapClap 
enjoyed them! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ephemera

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "6th W/WOTW (Page 11)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 5:11am | IP Logged
here goes it's just one.

Describe how you would react when J.K.R. tells to help her write a HP book?

Ephemera

princess_avani

princess_avani

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Here are a few stupid questions that i ask ppl
1.) are you a cat lover or a dog person???
2.) given a chance to be one personality from the film industry who would you be???
3) love marriage or arranged marriage??? (stupid question i know but well i am just trying to understand what ppl feel...you can ignore it if you want)
4.) what is your current profession?? If there was anything else you'd be given a chance to become then what would it be???
5.) Hollywood movies or bollywood???
6.) one song that always gets you dancing???
7.) the one thing that can be guaranteed to cheer you up when you are down the dumps???

Well that's it for my silly stupid questions!!!

Ephemera

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutecj

here goes it's just one.

Describe how you would react when J.K.R. tells to help her write a HP book?
first i will whack at her back of head and say NOT to SIMPLY KILL OFF good peopleAngryLOL
then i would promptly and politely turn down her offer as i DON'T think i am even eligible to help and better such a master pieceEmbarrassed and oh! yeah one more thing...i would request her to release an interactive book with "COMPLETE in-Detail description of Harry potter verse"Embarrassed

Mione

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princess_avani

Here are a few stupid questions that i ask ppl
1.) are you a cat lover or a dog person??? umm TBH i believe in complete freedom be it in friendship or in having petsEmbarrassed so am No-one personLOL
2.) given a chance to be one personality from the film industry who would you be???"No...thanks" i would say to the chance giverLOL cos grass is green always at the opposite bankEmbarrassed am happy with riddles and puzzles in my actual life...y to be  a glutton for moreLOL
3) love marriage or arranged marriage??? (stupid question i know but well i am just trying to understand what ppl feel...you can ignore it if you want) cut the melodrama will you?Ermm you are SUPPOSED to grill me..so no question is stupidAngryLOL i would go for arranged marriage..as i don't understand "love" and you tend to explore and understand your hubby after marriage actually in arranged one...then marriage will be fun and exciting...if you marry someone you know in and out before hand..no maza only after getting married...IMO
4.) what is your current profession?? If there was anything else you'd be given a chance to become then what would it be??? well TBH am unemployed as of now..i am happy being unemployed right now...i don't think much of the future..so yeah i don't have any other work related wishesEmbarrassed
5.) Hollywood movies or bollywood??? umm a good mixture of both..Embarrassed
6.) one song that always gets you dancing??? "can i have this dance" from HSM 3 and "gun gun guna re " from agneepath (2011)
7.) the one thing that can be guaranteed to cheer you up when you are down the dumps??? FRIENDS and there cute antics ...big time hon...Big smile

Well that's it for my silly stupid questions!!!Angry quit being self-judgmental

Edited by lakshmi_3004 - 20 January 2013 at 6:54am

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lumos

thanks for the prompt and detailed answers! ClapClap 
enjoyed them! Smile

what??Shocked that's all "enjoyed them"???Confused
is this "varun brand" ??Angry 
what happened very busy??Unhappy
i thought you would be much more actively participating...will be excited discuss my answers and allOuch
yeah i like being prompt...and your questions were such that i HAD to go in-detailLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneLumos

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:07am | IP Logged
moreover guys you read All my answers or just the yours??Confused

cos TBH i would like people know me through my answers to ALL the questions in this thread..Embarrassed
i was very happy when was announced MOTW..cos i thought people will get to KNOW meEmbarrassed

so what's the opinion of you all??Embarrassed

P.S please Be Honest..don't worry of hurting me or so..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneLumos

princess_avani

princess_avani

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
Well i am glad you don't mind my questions but let me tell you that many ppl do find them stupid!!!
Also right now i am in a phase where everyone seems to have a problem with anything i do so lets just say my morale and confidence are not exactly high!!!! Cry Cry Cry

as for your answers, thanks for being so quick!!! The answers speak volumes about you!!! Tongue

Mione

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Harry Potter Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.