Harry Potter

6th W/WOTW (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 13

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 17 January 2013 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
i will be back with answers to Cj's and Varun's question soon..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Lumos

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "6th W/WOTW (Page 10)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Come back soon got loads more to ask.Evil Smile
Grilling to the fullest Laksh.LOL

Lumos

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutecj

Come back soon got loads more to ask.Evil Smile
Grilling to the fullest Laksh.LOL
sure honLOL

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:00am | IP Logged

Okay Laksh let me join in grilling you!Evil Smile 

First of all general questions:
What is your favourite flower? all the flowers in the entire world...cos beauty is in every oneBig smile
Your Fav. dish? chilly pickles
Your fav. actor and actress both from hollywood and bollywood? i love all in both fieldsLOL
Your fav. outfit? anything am comfy with..be it saree..or jeans am fine with it as i least bothered about lookLOL
One thing that you can't leave home without MoneyErmm
What do you do before going to bed? watch HC and J2M scenes..read a bit of HP and then prayer
What do you do after waking up? prayer...then lots of house hold chores
Do you think it is very healthy to eat frequently? well IMHO...am a frugal eater..i eat to survive..not survive to eat..i have full meals only onceEmbarrassed
When do you give yourself time to go through your day? it can be anytime...while doing laundry..while traveling in bus..or while even washing utensilsEmbarrassed
How do you approach an angry person?
wait for the anger to abate..or i change the topic...completely different tangent..
What do you do to control your anger? i leave that place and go away for some free air (if its too much)..i get angry very less...as its high in intensity and usually tires me out completely..
What makes you happy?
Embarrassed Friendship and the smile on there faces cos of me..
How do you find life?
interesting...
More coming..

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:07am | IP Logged

With which specific character do you link with? no one...i feel as if am a third person getting the entire show in front of me...Embarrassed
How many times have you read the HP books? not kept track of itOuch more than 10 times for sure.. as its been years long association...and am a fast reader..(not trying to boast hereOuch) but i can read real fast as the story forms a running visual in front of ma eyes..Embarrassed
How many ordinary people have you convinced so far to be Potterheads?
TBH 30...my whole class...when i was a Guest lecturer..Embarrassed they became a potter head or not i dunno..but they read the series completely..most of themEmbarrassed
How many people have you scared while talking HP?
well ONLY my Family of 4LOL they thought am nutterLOL
Do you ever try to mimic the characters in HP?
never..as i said i have interest in their "way of life" more than actual story...
but yeah i do repeat Dumbledore's quote time and time againEmbarrassed
Have you been called a geek of HP by anyone? If yes by whom?
yeap...many..as am interested in trivia.. usually my library friends..who used to share my table...probably 7 of them.. in total

I will be back for more...

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -varun-

hey laks..

here goes the posers--
they are just very few. will appreciate if u answer them in detail. Smile
  1. what is ur greatest ambition in life? is it fulfilled?life has taught me never to have one..so no question of getting fulfilledEmbarrassed
  2. how far do u connect harry potter to the world of reality? as much as i can..Embarrassed without alarming my well-wishers
  3. if u were to address a non-HP crowd to get to read HP, how would u do it in a speech of two minutes? compose...."hello guys... what-sup?? read any recent books?? ...(after there answers) oh wow ..that's cool...that title is so interesting...umm...have you ever tried HP? *based on the reply i would either recommend it...or i wouldn't...books should be read out of interest..not by force..*...but if i get answers in the affirmative..i would say.."y don't you guys try it...just have a go at it..trust me it will be a good read...relaxing to the mind..and its a real page turner...".(this is what i did to make my class read it..and TBH 28-30 ppl of the class read it ..on my words ) " just go through first 2-3 chapters...then tell me what you feel "
  4. Name a thing u learnt from HP so far that u haven't from any other book? imagination can be kept in front of people in simple way too
  5. anything u didnt agree with the author and wished it to be portrayed differently? yeap many...but manily lupin and tonks's death...cos JKR said that she wanted to repeat the pattern of an orphan like HP..Angry
  6. dont u think had Neville been in harry's shoes, he would have done greater justice to harry's role?why or why not? its not...yeah i agree we would have got a different story of courage and loyalty...but the scenarios HP was in ..even if he acted irrationally was a trademark of Harry's "character thought process..." each role has different personality...yeah i agree Neville too grew up sans parents...but the loss of parents..and never able to see them..not getting to know about them all these things harry used as motivating force,,which were strong enough to last him till the end...i mean atleast Neville had his granny...and knew about magical world...harry being the outsider had this advantage of judging without magical influence...he could see world with different eyes..and could imbibe his muggle life experience...to his advantage in here.. i would go on to say the effective use of expelliarmus spell is also cos of his muggle upbringing...
  7. what has been your greatest achievement so far? making friends happy..i live breathe die for friends
  8. what do u have to say about the teenage romance being seen around in colleges and on  streets? isnt it polluting our culture or u go with the one-can-do-what-one-wants and free-will ideology?elaborate. culture is what we define...with some set of rational explanations...the do's and don'ts should be backed with strong reasoning and examples...our culture has it...but you can't force people to SEE it...cos unless until something strongly (be it hurt pain or failure or hardwork)...motivates... human are lousy at learning...well all i can say is you can bring the horse to the pond but can't make it drink water from it...so let the teenage people go about life in there own way...cos humans are prone to learn more easily when they get hurt ..and life has its own way to teach ...what's good and what's not for an individual...people become wise as the time goes by..so we are in no position to moral police them...let life do it's work
  9. Your odyssey from stumbling upon HP till being a fan. well nothing much...am pretty much loner child as you might have got the picture from my answers about friendship to previous questionnaires...so books have been my friend for a long time now...and i just hooked on to it going on it merely taking my uncle's words when he presented me with THE original HP books from London (as he works in UNO and has some contacts with publishing house...you know one of the first lots...)...till now he has been the source of HP books to me..and as i had already had read LOTR series...it was easy to get attached..
  10. if u r a religious/spiritual person, do u think HP can be compared to any holy epic?if yes, describe; if no describe why not. yeah am very very religious person..but i tend to keep things at its proper place..it makes life less complicated you know..i accord it high place in my life...BUT as a work of pure fiction and immense imagination at work...and am more interested in the world created by JKR hence..i never have thought in this direction TBH...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MioneCutecjLumos

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:42am | IP Logged

Describe the following characters with no less than 30 words each.(i will count)Evil SmileEvil SmileLOL

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Remus Lupin
Sirius Black 
Severus Snape
Harry James Potter
Hermione (Granger) Weasley
Ronald Bilius Weasley
Ginevra (Weasley) Potter
Rose Weasley
Hugo Weasley
James Sirius potter
Albus Severus potter
Lily Luna potter
Neville Longbottom
Minerva McGonagall
Filius Flitwick
Rubeus Hagrid
Sybill Cassandra Trelawney
Arthur Weasley 
Molly Weasley
Bill Weasley 
Victoire Weasley
Dominique Weasley
Louis Weasley
Luna Lovegood 
Charlie Weasley 
Percy Ignatius Weasley
Fleur (Delacour) Weasley
Fred Weasley 
George Weasley 
Angelina (Johnson) Weasley 
Abbott,Hannah
Abercrombie,Euan 
Agrippa,Cornelius
Babbitty Rabbitty
Baddock,Malcolm
Bagman,Ludovic
Bagman,Otto
Bagnold,Millicent 
Bagshot,Bathilda
Barnabas the Barmy
Baruffio (wizard)
Beedle the Bard
Bell,Katie
Binns, Cuthbert
Brown, Lavender 
Bulstrode, Millicent
Phineas Nigellus Black 
Regulus Arcturus Black 
Bellatrix (Black) Lestrange
Andromeda (Black) Tonks
Narcissa (Black) Malfoy
Nymphadora Tonks lupin
Teddy Remus Lupin
Cho Chang
 Michael Corner
Vincent Crabbe
Colin Creevy
Dennis Creevey
Septimus Weasley
peter pettitgrew

am sorry to disappoint you dear.Ouch..i KNOW to write answers to these questions..but i will save it to updates of my thread of encyclopedia..as it belongs truly in that thread...am NOT escaping from answering...or avoiding it...BUT i need some interest fro my thread naEmbarrassed hope am not rude..
sorry for hurting youCry

Cutecj

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
its okay laksh just find ways to grill you. This does not allow you from more qns i have in store. Evil Smile

Ephemera

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Harry Potter Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.