Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki

||Article Archives||No Comments (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

CrazyFarzina

IF-Dazzler

CrazyFarzina

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
I wasn't considered hero material earlier: Jay Soni
Press Trust of India / Mumbai January 12, 2013, 18:25

I wasn't considered hero material earlier: Jay Soni
Press Trust of India / Mumbai January 12, 2013, 18:25

"Things have changed for me after 'Sasural Genda Phool'. People were not considering me a hero material... They felt there was no x-factor in me. I was rejected everywhere. But now things have changed. I struggled a lot to reach here... Lot of difficulties. My hard work has paid off," Jay told PTI.TV actor Jay Soni of 'Sasural Genda Phool' says he was never considered a hero material before the show happened to him.

The actor feels things are changing on small screen in terms of story lines.

"Lot of things have changed on TV. People are experimenting with stories... People are coming out of typical daily soap serials," Jay said.

He will be seen in another TV show, 'Sanskar'. The show will be aired on Colors channel from January 14.

Jay will be seen playing the role of Jaikishan.

"I play a very simple good guy, a strong and straight forward person," he said.

DL-http://www.business-standard.com/generalnews/news/i-wasnt-considered-hero-material-earlier-jay-soni/108612/

Edited by JayRagzians - 13 January 2013 at 11:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

janavi07_CutieCute_..Suhana..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "||Article Archives||No Comments (Page 2)" in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CrazyFarzina

IF-Dazzler

CrazyFarzina

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 12:02pm | IP Logged

In conversation with Jay Soni on his new show on Colors, Sanskaar...Dharohar Apno Ki

Jay Soni will be back on-screen with Colors' Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki from 14 January (2013). Though the actor was last seen in Colors' Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, the last daily in which he was seen was Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool.

Hence, with Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki, the actor will be seen returning in a daily soap after a nine month hiatus.

We got in touch with Jay to know his take on this daily soap and his role.

And this is what he had to say:

"Soon after Sasural Genda Phool, I had given my nod to this show. Hence, I stayed away from daily soaps all this while."

Talking about playing a subdued character yet again on TV, he stated, "I am not giving an example but Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan also enact a particular kind of character. So what's wrong when it come to me? But, it's not like I do not want to do different characters. For me, Jay Kishan is very different from Ishaan (his character in Sasural Genda Phool). Jay is a strong guy and he is not scared or shy of people like my character Ishaan was. Yes, he is a boy next door and these are the kind of roles I am offered."

The show is extensively shot in New York. Hence, talking about his foreign shooting experience, he averred, "I was excited about shooting in New York. But, the moment I reached there and had to begin shooting in minus two degree centigrade throughout the entire day, my excitement vanished. All I knew was that I was cold and wanted to get back home as early as possible. It did not matter how many clothes you wore, you were still going to be shivering. But on the whole it was good experience. I was shooting in a place where Bollywood movies are shot, so it was obviously a different feeling."

After a little pause he added, "Once I even experienced snow accompanied with rainfall. The worst was that since the story is on me I had to be there in every frame and after I was done with every shot, my body used to get numb."

What did you miss the most there? "I missed Indian food. All I used to have was Bagel and cream. After a while I got so tired of it that I started calling it medu vada."

What kind of a role would you want to do next? "Not any particular kind of role but I would definitely want an entry akin to a Yash Raj or Karan Johar film in my upcoming shows. I love the way they introduce their actors."

When asked about reality shows he shared, "I was offered Bigg Boss, but then I had to refuse as I had taken up Sanskaar then. But I religiously follow Bigg Bossand I like Niketan (Madhok) in the show."

We wish him all the very best!!

DL-http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/conversation-jay-soni-his-new-show-colors-sanskaardharohar-apno-ki

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

janavi07_CutieCute_..Suhana..

CrazyFarzina

IF-Dazzler

CrazyFarzina

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

TV has a wider reach than B'wood any day: Jay Soni

By Ano Patel, TNN | Jan 10, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

At a time when most TV actors are taking the big leap and doing movies, here is someone who started his movie career via B-Town and has moved to television. 

Jay Soni, who started his career with small rolesin Dil Maange More, Buddha Mar Gaya andMera Pehla Pehla Pyaar (MP3), spins us the familiar line that every actor prefers these days when he says, he "never had acting on mind." He goes on to add with a rueful grin, "Really! I had such a typical Gujarati accent and was so fat that no one could have ever imagined I'd end up in front of the camera some day! I went to Mumbai for graduation. One day when some friends went to audition for a TV show, I went alongwith them and found being inside a studio quite heady. I took it upon me to work a lot on myself and shape up for a career in acting. Even after I actually landed a film role, I had to struggle a lot." After doing a couple of shows on TV, Jay became a star after he did Sasuraal Genda Phool

This Navsari resident was in town to promote his latest show, Sanskaar — Dharohar Apnon Ki which is slated to go on air soon. His hectic schedules might have physically drained him, but Jay sounded excited about his new show. He says, "I play a complete family man, who is imbued with traditional values and believes in the 'apna desh, apni mitti' philosophy." Jay, who plays the role of a Gujarati boy who chases his US dreams says it was both easy and difficult to play a Gujarati. "It was easy because I know how a Gujarati would behave in certain situations. The tough bit was to not overdo anything and make things over the top." 

The actor, whose last daily soap was Sasuraal Genda Phool, agrees that lead actress Ragini Khanna stole a lot of his thunder, but admits that, "I have accepted the fact that TV is absolutely a medium for actresses. However, there were so many other characters in the show who were noticed as well. I believe that if one is good in one's work, it is easy to make one's mark." His new show completely revolves around his character. Does that satisfy the actor in him? "Now I realize how much work a lead actor has to do when the track focuses on him/her. I've to work round the clock and it is very difficult." 

Talking about the number of TV actors who are now doing Bollywood films, he says, "It is great that TV stars are now trying to get a toehold in Hindi films. But I am better known as a TV star and feel TV has a bigger reach than films. I won't ever give up TV for movies." Jay who'd hostedSa Re Ga Ma Li'l Champs says, "Once I got into the groove it became an enjoyable experience." 

With Uttarayan around the corner, Jay says, he loves "Uttarayan" and will "miss flying kites with my friends and family. On the sets of the show, we speak Gujarati so the non-Gujaratis get really frustrated. But it feels like I am with family."
DL-http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/TV-has-a-wider-reach-than-Bwood-any-day-Jay-Soni/articleshow/17954776.cms

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepali-janavi07_CutieCute_..Suhana..

Maneesha_Shanak

IF-Rockerz

Maneesha_Shanak

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 10:05pm | IP Logged

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy score for a daily soap

By Stuti Agarwal, TNN | Jan 10, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
More
A
A
Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy score for a daily soap
Ehsaan, Shankar and Loy

RELATED

The musical trio of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy is all set to make a mark in the world of television. The composers have created a catchy track for the upcoming soap, 'Sanskaar', which will replace 'Bigg Boss'. After giving umpteen hits, it's back to the roots for Ehsaan and Loy, who started their career in television, having worked in a few shows of the '90s like the SRK starrer 'Fauji'. 

"I was approached by a friend, Swapna, Joshi, with whom we had done Rang Badalti Odhani, which got a lot of awards last year. Manoj Yadav, who wrote the World cup anthem, De ghuma ke, for us, has written the lyrics. The song has a distinct Gujarati flavour to it as the soap is about a Gujarati family. It's a melodious song, which goes likeSanskaar rishton ki dharohar hai," said Shankar. 

This is not all. Sanskaar is going to be a complete delight for music lovers as Shantanu Moitra has been roped in to compose a bhajan. Shantanu has created magic with singers Swanand Kirkire and Rahul Vaidya, who have lent their voices for the aarti song. Besides a heartwarming storyline, the much-talked about music is something that makes Sanskaar one of the most awaited shows on television. The show stars Aruna Irani, Jay Soni, Supriya Shukla, Rasik Dave and Avinash Mukherjee. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

janavi07_CutieCute_

-Deepali-

Coolbie

-Deepali-

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 7:46am | IP Logged

"Bharti is just like the girl next door" - Yashashri Masurk

Friday, January 18, 2013 | 7:29:41 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 9 Comments
"Bharti is just like the girl next door" - Yashashri Masurk

Yashashri Masurkar aka Bharti of Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki in close conversation with tellbuzz...

Tell us a bit about your role in Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki?

Well, it is a very simple role, I would say it is a mysterious role, because right now many people are unhappy about it. But be patient as it is going to take time, just have faith in me and Swapna jee, it is a very good character. Actually a very simple and mature character

How different is it to shoot for Sanskaar than Rang Badalti Odhani?

It is really fun, Rang Badalti Odhani was fun too but there I was a different person. I love to spend time alone and that is what I did inRang Badalti Odhani. But while shooting for Sanskaar people don't let me sit alone, they drag me into their rooms, we gossip, have fun and eat a lot. Every time they are in the room I find them eating something or the other and they are like "Bharti jaldi aja, chakle, yeh lai, yeh kaisa hai" and I always tell them that I will surely put on weight quickly if I stay with them. They are very cute and fun loving people.

What made you take up the role of Bharti?

I first auditioned for the role one and a half year ago and I really loved it. Earlier, that was supposed to be the main character who is in love with Jay, but then story changed and Bharti is a different character now. However she still has some importance in the family and I think playing such a simple girl next door role is a challenge everyday. I always wanted to play a role of a simple girl just like Saakshi Tanwar in Bade Acche Laggte Hai
I am very excited and we are taking some steps to make it more exciting.

What can we expect from Bharti as a character in the 
show? She does not appear to be a typical heroine. 

That is true, in my previous shows my role was a central character but not in this one. This one is going to be very simple, sweet, cultural Indian girl.

In an article you said, Karan Goddwani will be your first choice as a co-star, how was the experience working with Karan Goddwani and Karan Tacker in Rang Badalti Odhani?

Karan Tacker is more popular because maybe because he had that kind of a character. But when I was studying I saw this guy who had an International look and was playing a lead character in Jugni Chali Jhalandar and I really liked him as there was something about him. 

I don't know how, but it was a co-incidence that he came into Rang Badalti Odhani and we became really good friends, not because he looks good or what he is on screen but more what he is as a person off screen. He is very sincere about his work and I have seen him working very seriously. I don't like people doing time pass or giggling around when they are working and he is one man who take his works very religiously and I will still choose Karan Goddwani.

In your words how will you sum up the year 2012?

2012 was a non working year. I was literally having fun in my personal life as I was traveling a lot and working on the website. However, yes 2013 is going to be much better.

What cools you down when you are extremely upset about something?

I guess right now watching an interesting movie is what calms me down. On the sets we have an other member in the family who is a cat named Romeo, so whenever I am angry he comes to me and say "Meoow" and I start laughing.

What is the best and worst thing about being in showbiz?

The best thing about being in the entertainment world is the fame you get and the love and affection people shower upon you. The worst thing will be that when you travel people follow you for a photograph. This really annoys me sometimes because I love traveling alone and I do not want anyone to recognize me. Apart from that I am all yours. 

Share some fun moments while shooting for Sanskaar?

There are many of them actually. Once we were shooting in Gujarat and we all used to watch Bigg Boss Season 6 in our rooms. One day we all were very tired and in a depressing mood, sleeping in our beds and Jay Soni comes in and he is suddenly says, "Why are you sleeping, we have to watch Bigg Boss". He pulled out blanket and increased the volume of the television set. 

Message for your fans on India-Forums?

They keep messaging me all the time, but yes watch Sanskaar and keep believing in me, Swapna jee and the character of Bharti will shape up soon.

Reporter: Nadia Malik

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hotchpotchRBO_CutieCute_

-Deepali-

Coolbie

-Deepali-

Posted: 29 January 2013 at 9:32am | IP Logged

Hemant Thatte doing a cameo in Sanskaar

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 | 5:48:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 10 Comments

The actor who has earned a name by brilliant performances earlier, soon to be seen in ColorsSanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki...

There is no denying the fact that Colors new show Sanskaar boasts of some really powerful and versatile actors. From Aruna Irani to Jay Soni, from Deepak Chavan to Sujata Sanghmitra, all have proven their acting skills with their body of work. 

Hemant Thatte's inclusion even though in a cameo is the latest to join the strong talent pool that Sanskaar boasts of. The actor who has earned a name by brilliant performances in shows like Kumkum, Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki, CID among others is surely to make Sanskaar more interesting with his cameo.

Watch Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki on Colors at 9pm.

Edited by -Deepali- - 29 January 2013 at 9:28am

-Deepali-

Coolbie

-Deepali-

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged

Kishan tries to prove himself to be innocent!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 | 5:42:51 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 9 Comments

Cops mistake Kishan to be a terrorist in ColorsSanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki.

In the upcoming episode of the Colors' new daily soap Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki, we will see that Kishan's mother Parul and the entire family is worried as they are not able to get in touch with him.

As seen earlier that Kishan has lost his bag in the US, and hence he is not being able to get in touch with his family. On the other hand his entire family in Mumbai is tense about him.

Kishan gets caught by the police as he doesn't have any identity proof with him. Since Kishan has lost his work permit and his passport which was in the bag, he tries to prove to the cops that he is innocent and ask them for help.

Further in the episode we will see Bhoomi finds Kishan's passport and gets him out of the jail. She also suggests Kishan to go back to India. Hearing Bhoomi's suggestion he gets angry and reacts in anger.

The_May_Rose

IF-Sizzlerz

The_May_Rose

Post Reply New Post

Go to top