||Article Archives||No Comments

Posted: 11 years ago

Welcome To Article Archives Section Of SDAK forum

Its A No Comments Thread, So Refrain From Posting Comments

Thank You

Edited by Deepali88 - 11 years ago

Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 | 8:32:10 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    37 Comments Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013

The Indian small screen is ready with its dose of entertainment for the new year. Watch out for new concepts, storylines and fresh seasons of popular shows in 2013.

tv showThe Indian small screen is ready with its dose of entertainment for the new year. Watch out for new concepts, storylines and fresh seasons of popular shows in 2013.

The staple offering of reality shows will continue with new seasons of "Kaun Banega Crorepati" (KBC) and "Indian Idol". Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will return as the host of the seventh season of KBC.

The third season of cooking reality show "MasterChef India" will go on air soon and celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor will be joining the judges panel this time.

Popular youth-centric reality shows "Roadies", "Emotional Atyachaar" and "Big Switch" too will return with new seasons and promise some freshness and lots of spice.

In the fiction space, "Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha", which wrapped up earlier this year, will come up with its second season.

Besides the new seasons, there is an interesting line-up of shows with fresh concepts.

Audiences will get to see "Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi Ki", the Indian version of British show "Come Dine With Me".

To be anchored by TV actor Ram Kapoor, the celebrity show will be about judging the cooking and guest-hosting capabilities of participants.

Actor Tusshar Kapoor, who had earlier judged TV show "Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo", will once again be seen as the judge for a comic series titled "Nautanki". The show will bring the Broadway style of comedy-play on the Indian small screen.

As far as fiction is concerned, Sony has two shows - "Amita Ka Amit" and "Sajan" - while Sab TV is ready with "Tota Weds Maina" and "Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws".

"Tota Weds Maina" features "F.I.R." actress Kavita Kaushik playing the lead role of Maina and actor Gaurav Gera, best remembered as Nandu of "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin", will play Tota.

"Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws" is the story of a sweet couple, played by Karan Grover and Pooja Pihal, caught in the whirlwind of confusion with their lovable in-laws.

Zee TV's new drama "Housewife Hai...Sab Jaanti Hai", starring Suhasi Goradia Dhami and Anirudh Dave, will explore the busy lives of housewives.

Another new show, "Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki", will go on air on Colors. The story of a close-knit family, it features actor Jay Soni.

So, one gauges avid viewers of these Hindi general entertainment channels have a lot on offer in the new year. Take your pick!

Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013

Sanskaar according to me is all about loving your family: Jay

Friday, January 11, 2013 | 6:14:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    37 Comments Sanskaar according to me is all about loving your family: Jay

Jay Soni who is making his comeback on television with Colors' upcoming show Sanskaar ' Dharohar Apno Ki in conversation with Tellybuzz'

Jay soniJay Soni, who was last seen playing the character of Ishaan in Star Plus' popular show Sasural Genda Phool, is all set to comeback on television in a new character. Jay will soon be seen playing Jay Kishen in Colors' upcoming show Sanskaar ' Dharohar Apno Ki. The character essayed by the actor will be a family oriented person who can do anything for his family. He has to leave to go abroad in order to fulfill his grandmother's wish.

Differentiating his character of Jay from Ishaan he shares, "Jay Kishen is different from Ishaan. Ishaan was shy. Jay is not shy, he can speak out if he finds something going wrong around him. He is a true Indian by heart. Circumstances take him abroad otherwise he never would have taken that step.  Ishaan used to get scared of little things but Jay never does. The only similarity between the two is that they both are simple people".

"Whenever one goes abroad he gets settled there and some of them also forget what their parents have done for them. Jay Kishen is going abroad not for his dream, but for the dream of his family. He is definitely going to return to India at any cost." , Jay further added

Defining the meaning of Sanskaar, Jay said, "Sanskaar according to me is all about loving your family. No matter what and how much money you will be getting abroad, your family will always stand as an important pillar in your life. If you wish to go to abroad, then they will definitely say a yes to you and let you achieve your dreams but deep inside their heart, they don't want to let you go away from them. The people living in old age homes who are left their by their children, always seek love. One should not forget his country if he goes abroad."

Sanskaar according to me is all about loving your family: Jay

wo new daily soaps to replace Bigg Boss Season 6

Saturday, January 12, 2013 | 3:57:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    43 Comments
Two new daily soaps to replace Bigg Boss Season 6

Colors to replace a reality show with two new daily soaps from Monday...

With the end of Colors' reality show Bigg Boss Season 6 tonight, two daily soaps titled, Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki and Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kahan Season 2, will be replaced on the 9 pm and 9.30 pm time slots respectively on the channel.

The daily soap Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki is a tale of a small town boy, Jaikishan (Jay Soni) who is away from his family in order to fulfill his grandfather's dream but is yet strongly rooted to his country. Jaikishan holds his dharohar (heritage) as his most prized possession in pardes.

The show brings together an ensemble cast that includes veteran actors from films, theatre and television like Aruna Irani, Sonali Sachdev, Rasik Dave, Avinash Mukherjee, Supriya Shukla to name a few along with Swapna Waghmare Joshi who also makes her debut as an actor with this role.

At 9.30, coming back to the small screen on popular demand will be Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2. The show in its second innings will be filled with romance and intrigue along with an inimitable quotient of slice of life, humor and much more, all with a new spin.

Moving 12 years forward, Nanhi (now played by Jayashree Venkatarmanan) who was instrumental in bringing her mother Megha (Aakansha Singh) and Mohan (Kunal Karan Kapoor) together regrets her decision and has been brewing hatred for her once favourite Spiderman,Mohan.

So, don't miss to watch Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki and  Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2, starting from Monday, January 14, 2013 at 9.00 PM and 9.30 PM respectively, only on Colors!

Two new daily soaps to replace Bigg Boss Season 6

Jay Soni is back!

TNN | Jan 12, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Jay Soni is back!
Sonali Sachdeva, 
Jay Soni, Aruna Irani and Rasik Dave
Jay Soni is back on the small screen after a break. 
Colors unveiled the cast of Sanskaar Dharohar Apnon Ki at a press conference recently, and along with Jay, it includes Avinash Mukherjee, who played young Jagya in Balika Vadhu, Yashashree Masurkar, Aruna Irani, Rasik Daveand Supriya Shukla.

During the press conference, the actors said that apart from sharing jokes, they also share their dabbas on the sets of the show. Producers of the show Swapna Waghmare Joshi and Shalini Thackeray were also present for the event.

DL: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jay-Soni-is-back/articleshow/17982353.cms">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Jay-Soni-is-back/articleshow/17982353.cms
Edited by sarun_deewani - 11 years ago
Yashashree Masurkar returns on small screen!

http://www.rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/newsbar/item/2555-yashashree-masukar-returns-on-small-screen

One more article..

http://www.spamdomain.net/tellywood-bytes/articles/colors-show-sanskaar-dharohar-apno-ki-starts-14th-jan/
Edited by maneesha28889 - 11 years ago

Jay Soni inspired by Ranbir Kapoor

Tina Krishnan | Jan 11, 2013, 13:32PM IST

• Article
EmailPrintComment
?

Jay Soni the chocolate boy of Indian televsion will soon be seen on Colors channel's new show Sanskaar- Dharohar Apnon Ki. The actor was last seen in Sasural Genda Phool opposite Raginni Khanna. For this show Jay has worked hard as he had to shoot in The New York City, USA at a temperature of -2 degree celsius.. Also, he is playing a Gujurati boy for the first time.

He says, "This show was the toughest. I was excited about the fact that I was shooting in USA at the places where Shah Rukh and Salman have shot but the climate there was maddening. We were shooting at -2 degree celsius. Shoot karne tak theek tha but later our hands and everything use to get numb."

Commenting about the show he says, "I'm very much like Jay Kishan. I love India and always want to stay here." When asked if given a chance to leave India and stay abroad for work , as Jaykishan does in the show, he promptly says, "I had a job offer in Dubai. That time mom told me to follow my dreams and go if I wanted to. But I declined it and decided to stay back in India with my family."

Jay has done small roles in films. When asked who inspires him in the film industry he says, "Ranbir Kapoor is someone I look upto. I love the kind of roles he does and experiments. I loved Brafi! and Rockstar. After seeing Barfi! I was like 'Ranbir tum mahaan ho'. He is just superb actor."

Jay was seen playing Ishan in his last show, who was a innocent and silent boy. In this show also he looks very much like a family guy who has to take care of his family. These kind of roles can typcast an actor, when asked if he has the fear of getting typcast, he says, "I'm good at it then why not encsash it. There were many roles offered to me but I had already said yes to the show as I liked the concept of the show. There is nothing like typecast."

Well, Jay let's see if the audiences accept you in your new avtaar.

Edited by sarun_deewani - 11 years ago
I wasn't considered hero material earlier: Jay Soni
Press Trust of India / Mumbai January 12, 2013, 18:25

I wasn't considered hero material earlier: Jay Soni
Press Trust of India / Mumbai January 12, 2013, 18:25

"Things have changed for me after 'Sasural Genda Phool'. People were not considering me a hero material... They felt there was no x-factor in me. I was rejected everywhere. But now things have changed. I struggled a lot to reach here... Lot of difficulties. My hard work has paid off," Jay told PTI.TV actor Jay Soni of 'Sasural Genda Phool' says he was never considered a hero material before the show happened to him.

The actor feels things are changing on small screen in terms of story lines.

"Lot of things have changed on TV. People are experimenting with stories... People are coming out of typical daily soap serials," Jay said.

He will be seen in another TV show, 'Sanskar'. The show will be aired on Colors channel from January 14.

Jay will be seen playing the role of Jaikishan.

"I play a very simple good guy, a strong and straight forward person," he said.

DL-http://www.business-standard.com/generalnews/news/i-wasnt-considered-hero-material-earlier-jay-soni/108612/

Edited by JayRagzians - 11 years ago

In conversation with Jay Soni on his new show on Colors, Sanskaar...Dharohar Apno Ki

Jay Soni will be back on-screen with Colors' Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki from 14 January (2013). Though the actor was last seen in Colors' Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, the last daily in which he was seen was Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool.

Hence, with Sanskaar….Dharohar Apno Ki, the actor will be seen returning in a daily soap after a nine month hiatus.

We got in touch with Jay to know his take on this daily soap and his role.

And this is what he had to say:

"Soon after Sasural Genda Phool, I had given my nod to this show. Hence, I stayed away from daily soaps all this while."

Talking about playing a subdued character yet again on TV, he stated, "I am not giving an example but Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan also enact a particular kind of character. So what's wrong when it come to me? But, it's not like I do not want to do different characters. For me, Jay Kishan is very different from Ishaan (his character in Sasural Genda Phool). Jay is a strong guy and he is not scared or shy of people like my character Ishaan was. Yes, he is a boy next door and these are the kind of roles I am offered."

The show is extensively shot in New York. Hence, talking about his foreign shooting experience, he averred, "I was excited about shooting in New York. But, the moment I reached there and had to begin shooting in minus two degree centigrade throughout the entire day, my excitement vanished. All I knew was that I was cold and wanted to get back home as early as possible. It did not matter how many clothes you wore, you were still going to be shivering. But on the whole it was good experience. I was shooting in a place where Bollywood movies are shot, so it was obviously a different feeling."

After a little pause he added, "Once I even experienced snow accompanied with rainfall. The worst was that since the story is on me I had to be there in every frame and after I was done with every shot, my body used to get numb."

What did you miss the most there? "I missed Indian food. All I used to have was Bagel and cream. After a while I got so tired of it that I started calling it medu vada."

What kind of a role would you want to do next? "Not any particular kind of role but I would definitely want an entry akin to a Yash Raj or Karan Johar film in my upcoming shows. I love the way they introduce their actors."

When asked about reality shows he shared, "I was offered Bigg Boss, but then I had to refuse as I had taken up Sanskaar then. But I religiously follow Bigg Bossand I like Niketan (Madhok) in the show."

We wish him all the very best!!

DL-http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/conversation-jay-soni-his-new-show-colors-sanskaardharohar-apno-ki