Devon ke Dev Mahadev

why we worship "shaligram"??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

jyoti07

IF-Rockerz

jyoti07

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 8:21am | IP Logged
can anybody tell me what is shaligram and why we worship itSmile what i know about shaligram is it's a stoneSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "why we worship "shaligram"??" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 10:35am | IP Logged
From
Shaligram:

According to Hindu mythology the Tulsi plant was a woman named Vrinda (Brinda devi ), a synonym of Tulsi. She was married to the demon-king jalandhar. Due to her piety and devotion to Vishnu(narayana), her husband became invincible. Even god Shiva, the destroyer in the Hindu Trinity could not defeat Jalandhar and fight goes between god shiva and demon jalandhar went for many years, So Shiva(supreme god) requested Vishnu - the preserver in the Trinity. - to find a solution. Vishnu disguised himself as Jalandhar and violated Vrinda. Her chastity destroyed, Jalandhar was killed by Shiva. Vrinda cursed Vishnu to become black in colour and he would be separated from his wife. Thus, he was transformed into the black  shaligram shilas and in his Rama avatar, his wife Sita was kidnapped by a demon-king and thus separated from him. Vrinda then burnt herself on her husband's funeral pyre or immolated herself due to the shame. The gods or Vishnu transferred her soul to a plant, henceforth which was called as Tulsi. As per a blessing by Vishnu to marry Vrinda in her next birth, Vishnu in form of Shaligram - married Tulsi on Prabodhini Ekadashi. To commemorate this event, the ceremony of tulasi bivah/vivah/marraige ceremony  is performed. 

God shaligram reside in muktinath river ,kaligandaki,damodarkunda.All holy place are sacred place of piligrimage. 

Other main darshan and incarnation are as follows:

1-Laxmi narasimha shaligram shilas

2-sudarshan shaligram shilas

3-surya shaligram shilas

4-chandra shaligram shilas

5-Parlad narasimha shaligram shilas

6-Bhu-baraha shaligram shilas

7-laddu gopal shaligram shilas

8- hyagriva shaligram shilas

9-Basudev shaligram shilas

9-Narbada linga shilas

10-Sesha shaligram shilas

11- Garuda shaligram shilas

12-sankha (conch) shaligram shilas

13 -manosaravar shaligram shilas

14-Madhav shaligram shilas

15-gopal shaligram shilas

16-Laxmi shaligram shilas

17-kuber shaligram shilas

18-garuda shaligram shilas

19-dwarka or dwarika shaligram shilas

20 govardhan shaligram shilas etc many

saligram photo nepal lord gandaki

saligrama photo gandaki lord shilas

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

meena300sanju01Sandytatsmejyoti07foram.

sanju01

sanju01

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Is this story true?How can God take advantage of a woman?Wasn't there no other way?Couldn't Vishnu make her understand the bad deeds of her husband and how he deserves to die?
And wth is this vishnu marrying tulsi?It's like "i raped u so to do my paap ka prayaschit,i will marry u."Anybody will feel like that.
I read in some magazines that girls are forced to marry their rapists by this bloody khap panchayat and when the girls or their families protest against this decision,they give this example of vishnu marrying tulsi.I read few years back in India today and Outlook magazines.

I don't want to say anything against Lord Vishnu.Just wanted to know whether this story about Vrinda is really true.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandytatsme

mnx12

Viewbie

mnx12

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 11:28am | IP Logged

This is the story of Tulasi given in different Puranas.

Sandytatsme

IF-Dazzler

Sandytatsme

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
Thanks Meenakshi for the story. Whenever Gods do something it is always for a reason and I think no point in questioning it. 

mnx12

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanju01

Is this story true?How can God take advantage of a woman?Wasn't there no other way?Couldn't Vishnu make her understand the bad deeds of her husband and how he deserves to die?
And wth is this vishnu marrying tulsi?It's like "i raped u so to do my paap ka prayaschit,i will marry u."Anybody will feel like that.
I read in some magazines that girls are forced to marry their rapists by this bloody khap panchayat and when the girls or their families protest against this decision,they give this example of vishnu marrying tulsi.I read few years back in India today and Outlook magazines.

I don't want to say anything against Lord Vishnu.Just wanted to know whether this story about Vrinda is really true.

Its not exactly like that. Devi vrinda (tulsi) is a form of Ma Lakshmi and due to some curse she had to marry a demon. Still she wanted Shri Vishnu to be with her in the form of her husband. So she got what she wanted. Shri Vishnu came in form of that Demon (his name is Shankchud or Jalandhar) and acted like her husband.

sanju01

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.