Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai

DOTW : Is Being a Housewife Easy? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

amud

Goldie

amud

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:36am | IP Logged
first i should thank u all for taking housewife as a serious profession like doctor,engineer,etc... i should definetly appreciate each and every mom for doing their work in a clean way without even complaining or hesitating ...as of much thought even they are fell with ill they do their part in a good way ...
i should thank my mom for this and also all mothers...but there are some cases were they are not considered into a profession so this serial is much really needed for the society ...
certainly the respect doesnt come at a instance unless all experience and feel their pain wen they are not there for us to help ...Smile
so i really feel proud of my mother Big smileand also as a girl who is going to turn to be a house wife any day..LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-Sonali.S

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW : Is Being a Housewife Easy? (Page 5)" in Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Well said Amud Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

amud

minnie2308

Goldie

minnie2308

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Coming back to debate part. I'll still maintain that working in office+ managing home is tougher than just managing home.

But if you talk about managing a house as a solo activity its not easy.
Talk about managing your career as a solo activity , again not easy!
Combine them and you know what I'm talking about...

To each her own. Every woman must be given the choice to choose to stay at home or to work, coz well there's whole lot of work to be done at home too. Not every woman would want to take that double burden of home+office.

Unlike the serial, the working woman has to come back and work at home too...!
Can we just change the debate topic to" Is being a woman easy?" And I'll say NOCool Woman are cool smart effecient and great at whatever they do...

amud-VishaD-

amud

Goldie

amud

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 11:03am | IP Logged
i agree with ur words minnie...indeed i have some more points to clarify ...
housewife plus working women both are in the same position to manage the home and office ...they are more comfortable with being a housewife than working as they practice themselves to be ...even wen there is a point of asking them which one is difficult they il vote for housewife...
and housewife is not only doing the household works but also to take care of the family in the right path so more efforts ,pain,restlessness are there ...
not underestimating a working women but praising the housewife{ is really being a tough job}...but being a working women plus housewife is a praiseworthy job ... hats off to those women

minnie2308-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 04 February 2013 at 4:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by minnie2308

Coming back to debate part. I'll still maintain that working in office+ managing home is tougher than just managing home.

But if you talk about managing a house as a solo activity its not easy.
Talk about managing your career as a solo activity , again not easy!
Combine them and you know what I'm talking about...

To each her own. Every woman must be given the choice to choose to stay at home or to work, coz well there's whole lot of work to be done at home too. Not every woman would want to take that double burden of home+office.

Unlike the serial, the working woman has to come back and work at home too...!
Can we just change the debate topic to" Is being a woman easy?" And I'll say NOCool Woman are cool smart effecient and great at whatever they do...

Certainly being a woman is not an easy job. Hats off to us the ladies ClapLOL

minnie2308Priyyanka

minnie2308

Goldie

minnie2308

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Visha_Dhami

@Joshua : To be frank, i've seen Housewives who are treated like Neelam before. Its more like their duty to do all the housework and take instructions. Just because they don't go out and work, people think they have nothing much to do at home which is wrong. The amount of work and stress they go through is certainly much more than all the working people.

@Rozy_02 : That's certainly right. I'm also going to take reference from English Vinglish where there character Shashi is a housewife and just because she is one, her husband looks down on her. She even makes ladoos which the husband asks her to stop and just take care of the family. Well, that is the perception many have of a housewife. I agree,  a housewife don't do work because she have to but she do it out of her love and for her family Smile
For the underlined--- I disagree yaar. i guess I work harder than a housewife, because I do all that a housewife does plus have a very flourishing career outside too...In fact I actually find Sundays very relaxing even though I do a lot of special meal making, house cleaning, teaching my kid etc... It's certainly more relaxed. I see no pain involved there which is mentioned in every reply. Yeah, I am proud to be a career woman who is also a homemaker and off course a hard worker. And I feel society is actually more harsh to working woman becoz ppl expect them to excel not only in housejob but also the career.
I'd say being a housewie isn't easy but being a wife , a mom, a homemaker  plus a career woman is certainly harder. Working in the cut throat corporate world is tough...going out there and delivering your best and coming back home and again delivering your best is tough... 

Edited by minnie2308 - 11 February 2013 at 10:29am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:54am | IP Logged
^^ I agree but what i said was based on what i generally observed with my mum being a housewife. Her situation used to be similar like Neelam with her sister in laws going to work and her MIL often look down on my mother just because her daughter's go to work. And i lived in my auntie's house and guess what she does? She wakes up and goes to work and be back by 6pm and go to bed by 8pm while her husband cooks. And if asked why she doesn't does any work? She says because she is tired and she is going to work. Not sitting at home and shaking her leg Confused
And if just say a person has family problems, i think that we who go to work have other things to divert our thoughs, meet and share our problems with our colleagues. But a person who stays at home keeps it to herself and think about it. Of course working wives are no way lesser than housewives but i feel that housewifes are often not given their due.

minnie2308

Goldie

minnie2308

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Well the above is your perception. But I'd say hats off to your aunty for making her husband do housework? And off course, why shouldn't he? In this day and age really we must break out of these seriotypes..me thinks.

Besides, my own husband helps me in kitchen after office!

My own mom has raised us really well even after being a working women...our concepts are generally built on what we see around...

I see the housewives in my complex having time to go for morning walks, swimming pools and even colony gossips! A luxury denied to me for lack of time. Off course, I chose to go to work. But isn't that also helping my family? double income is well a big deal in expensive metros!

My own advice to all women and myself is always to follow their heart. A happy woman makes a happy home... If she is unhappy going to work, forget about the double salary, stay at home and do something that'll make you proud of yourself when you look at yourself.  my MOM who worked was also the woman who taught me family values and household chores... But she also stressed that it is important to meet and marry your match. So my hubby is passionate about both our careers and supports... the fact that we are a nuclear family helps too...for a woman, unfortunately the decision to work or not is joint and not solo...

Almost all serials show only housewives, I wish they make one for working woman and her probs too...

Whoah... long one. Hats off to ones wh could read through it!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.