Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai

DOTW : Is Being a Housewife Easy? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 8:21am | IP Logged
@aarcha dee : Well said dee, and yes. You are a prove that it happens in real and not made up just for the show leaving the profession to be a housewife Smile

@ronshaan : Yes, there is nothing like coming back home and seeing your mother there doing all you need.Big smile

@Sunita dee : Yes dee, its very important for a women to get recognition for what she does.Wink

@Shobhi : That's so true. She has zero expectation when she does something trying to ensure everything is in place and of course, with perhaps no rest too.

@reisar31 : Yes, nothing feels better that knowing that no matter how tired you are doing work, you know you are doing it for your family 

@Jesh : That's really true and being one is certainly not easy Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

reisar31aarchalove_karanabha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW : Is Being a Housewife Easy? (Page 4)" in Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:36am | IP Logged

Housewives less inclined to pursue career?

Housewives are less inclined to pursue a career or promotional prospects outside of family concerns, says a new research.

Running the home made them less likely to pursue promotions and other career advancement steps at the office, unlike men, whose goals were unchanged by their domestic role, said a new University of California Berkeley study.

"It appears that being in charge of household decisions may bring a semblance of power to women's traditional role, to the point where women may have less desire to push against the obstacles to achieving additional power outside the home," said Berkeley psychologist Serena Chen.

Despite the feminist movement and other gender equity efforts, women largely retain authority over child-rearing and household chores and finances, with men deferring to their expertise in these matters, researchers point out.

This paradigm has had an impact on women's career choices, the study implies, according to a California statement.

"As a result, women may make decisions such as not going after a high-status promotion at work, or not seeking to work full time, without realizing why," said Melissa Williams, an assistant professor of business at Emory University and lead author of the study.

In the first experiment, 136 participants ranging in age from 18 to 30 were surveyed on whether being in control of household decisions is desirable and empowering.

In another, each of the 166 female participants was asked to imagine two scenarios.

That she was married with a child and made most of the household decisions, or that she made most decisions with her husband. The women then rated their life goals in order of importance.

In the final experiment, 644 male and female participants were again presented with the scenario of being married with a child and the choice of wielding household power or sharing it with their spouses.

But this time, there was another option: The participants had to imagine doing most domestic chores without the distinction of having control of the household.

Again, women who wielded household power expressed less interest in workplace power than women who imagined making household decisions equally with their husbands.

Chen presented the findings at the annual meeting of the Society of Personality and Social Psychology in New Orleans, US.

http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a354372.html

.lostatsea.

IF-Stunnerz

.lostatsea.

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Being a housewife is not easy and I for one know that I would not be able to last. They do everything for us cooking, cleaning, managing the house and what not and then there's us who take advantage of it. They have a life of their own buh they chose to take of us all. My mum used to work however when she had my younger siblings she decided to stay at home and take care of us all. She didnt have to buh she did.

If I ever was a housewife I would never be able to be reach that position let alone be as good as her. She's my inspiration and one day and I would like to have a family like hers.

They all do this for us and they don't even get a thank you from most of us.

I salute each and every housewife out there. Without them most of us would be no one.

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
^^ I agree, even my mother is one and the amount of work she does without complaining makes me want to say that she is a superwoman Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

reisar31

minnie2308

Goldie

minnie2308

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:48am | IP Logged
hmm, I see no one here is appreciating working women who do the housework along with office workLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chinyere

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
^^ No, its not that. The topic itself is about housewife as they are normally not appreciated LOL

minnie2308

Goldie

minnie2308

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:01am | IP Logged
True Visha!
I'd say being a woman itself is not easy.

Being a housewife well doomed if you don't and damned if you do!!
Gosh, I chose to be a housewife for like 2 years and actually felt bored with too less work so decide to go out and work!
I am sure the other housewives you are talking about have loads of work... My life hasn't been touchd upon by any housewife as my mum and all my aunts worked. But yeah my MIL is a housewife, but offcourse she did not impress me for obvious reasonsLOL
I'd say a home with a housewife is definitley a better place to come back to. This woman would serve you and welcome you with a smile, like I did when I stayed home as I was well rested and refreshed.
But after taking on a career, I am much too tired just like my hubby and kid and come back grumpy and with my own set of issues.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chinyere-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 10:17am | IP Logged
I agree with that. Even my mum used to be a housewife all these years and i've seen how she gets ordered by her mother in law to do work whenever we go back to her house. But like what you said, its always a very good feeling to come home and for the housewife to welcome you back. My mother started being a nursery teacher this year and she comes back really tired Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.