Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:25am | IP Logged

Welcome everyone,

So its time for our very first Discussion of the Week. As the title suggests, our discussion is going to be about Housewife and do you think being a housewife is easy?

Housewife is generally a women who remain at home where her main task is running the family and looking into every single task involved in managing a house from washing, cooking and cleaning. This is indeed a contrast as compared to a career women where a career woman has working time and brings back a paycheck. But a housewife works daily without any break. 

Recently, Sunmeet Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney who is a Housewife from Mumbai became the first women to win  50m rupees ($1m; 550,000) Kaun Banega Crorepathi? and also proving that despite being a housewife, she has vast knowledge and its certainly a big achievement. 

Amitabh Bachchan handing over the winners cheque to Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney

- Do you think that housewife's are often underestimated because them remain at home and do not bring home a paycheck as contrast to a working women?

- In 'Housewife' show, we have seen how Neelam is treated by everyone. What is your opinion about it? Shouldn't a housewife be treated better?

-Have you came across any housewife which you would like to talk about? It could also be your own mother/sister or even yourself. Do share your experience on being a housewife.

Most importantly, try to stick to the topic and have a healthy discussion Wink

Edited by Visha_Dhami - 01 February 2013 at 9:22am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Rozy_02zonans_anikarozieswagakevin2--BimBim--karsuhSonali.Slove_karanabha.Amrita.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW : Is Being a Housewife Easy?" in Aaj Ki Housewife Hai - Sab Jaanti Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

love_karanabha

IF-Addictz

love_karanabha

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Well being a housewife is definitely not easy the wife has to clean, cook, look after the kids and etc all the responsibility is on her to take care of the household! People take her for granted and you hardly see them complaining they also have to be up early and start doing their chores early to late it is difficult being a housewife and hats off to them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

tulip1234-VishaD-

Sonali.S

IF-Sizzlerz

Sonali.S

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:07am | IP Logged
Thanks visha for making such a beautiful thread.

I am truly liking the serial not because my actor is working in it, but also because of the fact that i feel bad for every single housewife who is only considered as a working material in their houses...dunno why people do not want to see that they are the reason creating bonds in the family. She not only takes care of the home, husband, children and in laws but they smartly take care of the other works related to outside world. Even my mom is a housewife but she manages her work well. She considers everything as her duty. She takes care of my house, of us children and my father. she also does other works like paying electricity bills, managing the requirements of house, tutions for my small sis...she manages everything so well. She does not earn but saves the money...i can relate my mom to the character of sona. Sona is not only a fiction character but it signifies each and every housewife of india and the world

They r appreciated but its also a truth that EVERYONE DOES NOT THINK THE SAME. AT MANY PLACES OF WORLD, HOUSEWIVES ARE TREATED BADLY BY THEIR OWN INLAWS...when the day will come when they will be equally respected as the working ladies...i am lucky that where i live housewiver r respected for their everyday effort.

Edited by sonali.singh - 12 January 2013 at 7:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Loving your views. I also like the concept. Why? Because my mother itself is a housewife. She was educated and used to be working but she gave up her job once she had kids and she stayed home being a housewife. I have seen her doing all the work without even complaining. I just need to go and say 'Mum, please make me this' and she would do it with a smile. Coming to the part where Suhnaina asks Neelam to do work, my mother had faced the same. I have seen how my mother would be the only one cooking when she goes to her in law's house while the rest would be just sitting and watching TV. And even my dad supports his mum and never takes anything against his mother. That is why i am able to relate myself to the show since i have seen my mother going through everything. At times when her mother in law speaks, she would say 'Your doing nothing at home, your free.. So you should be doing this..,' and my mother would remain quiet. Housewives are often underestimated but the fact is, they do a lot of work and that too without any paycheck or complains. Housewives are superhumans Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

swagakevin2Sonali.S

Sonali.S

IF-Sizzlerz

Sonali.S

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:31am | IP Logged
yes truly said. Housewife performs a gr8 job in the family but they are forced to believe that they r good only for doing kitchen works...sometimes i am unable to understand the mentality of people...why are housewives treated as a toy u run whenever there keys r turned...everyone gets their own time to rest, holidays and vecations, working hourr...BUT WHAT ABOUT HOUSEWIFE...WO SUBAH RE RAAT TAK BUSY HAI PHIR BHI YE KAISI SOCH HAI KI HOUSEWIFE KA KAAM SBSE JYADA EASY HAI

-VishaD-

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Yes, people should understand that Housewife is someone who runs a family and is running a family easy? That is why a Housewife is also called a House Maker, i wonder what would a house be without them. In my opinion, respect should be given to them and they should be really appreciated for what do they in a family. In most family, the housewife also manages the house expenses. So they also have an accountant in them Wink

Sonali.S

IF-Sizzlerz

Sonali.S

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
I am happy that the show being filled of light-hearted comedy is focussing on the serious issue of the housewives...i am eager to know how housewives can use their intelligence for every big or small work and i am getting to know it and feel it through Sona's effort...really a gr8 show , not only for housewives but for everyone

-VishaD-

Viewbie

-VishaD-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 8:08am | IP Logged
Yes, people often think that housewife don't know anything but in actual fact, they are really smart and most of them are also educated. Very good example is the KBC winner, she has proved that despite being a housewife, she can win the big money which is is a difficult game and not many have won it. Smile

IndigoBlues

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.