Page 1 of 1

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 4:18pm | IP Logged

Crime Patrol does not sensationalises an issue: Anup

Crime Patrol does not sensationalises an issue: Anup

The Ministry of Information and Broadcastinghas advised Sony TV to avoid telecasting the Crime Patrol óDastak episode based on theDelhi gangrape case. The popular show planned to feature the incident in two back-to-back episodes on January 11 and 12. The show takes the viewer through the various real-life crime incidents and their investigations. 

Sources close to the production house and the channel said that Sony TV has decided not to air the episode. Instead, a repeat telecast of an earlier episode will be shown. Host Anup Sonisaid, "I heard the sad news that we cannot air the episode on Friday and Saturday. I don't know the exact reason though. Crime Patrol is not a programme that sensationalises an issue. It is just a positive platform to make people aware and find solutions to how can these incidents be avoided. We pick up cases which are topical. We also showed the Kolkata, Park Street rape case. We are the common man's voice." 

Subramaniam S Iyer, writer and director of the show, said, "It is an advisory by the I&B ministry. Being just a content provider, I cannot say much about it. The call has been taken by the channel to not air the episode. They are the best judge."

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-charu_81U-No-PooMuskaan92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: CP does not sensationalises an issue: Anup" in Crime patrol: Dastak forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing ...
I completelyagree with Anoop. Crime Patrol doesn't sensationalize the issue..
They instead depcit in a very dignified way considering the sensitvity of the incident...I hope they telecast it soon...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-Muskaan92

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Anup is absolutely right. CP does not work to fetch high ratings..Its a show that presents the case in a very descent and careful manner.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
I agree with Anup. Crime Patrol doesn't sensationalise an issue rather it opens our eyes to the crime happening around us. It makes us aware and more alert. It teaches us that doing wrong things will not help it will get you no where it teaches us to be good citizens and to tells us to take steps to prevent crime.

Put this in TOI.

Muskaan92

Steamjobs

Steamjobs

Posted: 16 January 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged
crime patrol does not make any kind of sensational issue of a case, i agree with Anup's comment in this matter.for spicing up an issue making unrealistic stories is a really insensitive thing to do.

Muskaan92

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.