. (Page 19)

Post Reply New Post

Page 19 of 20

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Abi, I read your post on my phone without realizing who wrote it and thought, "this person's take is exactly like mine", checked who wrote it and saw it was you :)

Naava, agree with all of your posts too. I was mad at Purvi for giving up on Arjun, for sleeping with him and then giving him up, hence the denial that the baby was not his. Today, I feel really sorry for her, misguided idiot of a girl.

I don't think Archana was betrayed at all, she should be humbled that her daughter repaid her love by giving up everything precious. Purvi chose her mother's happiness over her own, as a mother I would weep if I were Archana at the child's sacrifice and feel dreadfully ashamed of my blood child for reducing my other daughter to this sorry plight. Manav should be sad too that the daughter he has raised has been the cause of all this and more as Ovi is continuing her evil tantrums by demanding that Purvi leave the house. I feel an angry pity for Ovi and her selfishness as her self-centeredness is beyond compare.

nice post janhvi, you said the blue so well.  It's sad for Archu not for the reasons that everyone is saying but for what you just wrote.  A daughter who gave so much did so because she watched her mother give so much.  Beyond wanting to make her mother happy, she emulated her and wanted to be the kind of pure person Archana is.  There can be no greater compliment on the one hand, but in the case of sacrifice for others there is only so far one should go to be right.  In both mother and daughter they sacrificed TOO much and the sacrifices became wrong and foolish.   

It is both their strength and their weakness.   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

soapwatcher1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ". (Page 19)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by soapwatcher1

Abi. Totally stupid track, you asked a very pertinent question, Purvi asked Arjun to sleep with Ovi, he did, if Purvi asks Arjun to go sleep with some other girl, would he? What kind of deranged love is that?

Deepika, I ask myself, why didn't Purvi abort the baby, at this point she knew Arjun was married to Ovi so why carry his child? If abortion is a sin so is pre-marital sex by the strictest of definitions so if one is okay, why not the other? Why come back to Mumbai? Why put herself at risk of discovery? Granted her mother wanted her husband to treat her crazed sister so she again takes a chance with her marriage, her pregnancy to sacrifice for her mother? Her mother's wants will be always be there, Purvi needs to draw the line and understand she cannot play God and satisfy her mother's every wish however much she desires. she is one headstrong girl.

Janhvi, for me there isn't even a tiny comparison.  Abortion is murder. Making love is life giving when you make love with someone you love deeply. Not only does it give beauty to and between the couple but  as we all know, it truly does give actual life a lot of the time.  Smile

In my opinion there are no accidental babies.  But that's a subject way too deep for a soap story. LOL

It is with great perplexion that we all wonder how Purvi could have given up the love of her life.  She of course didn't know she was pregnant.  But when Ovi offered her a chance to save her mother's intense grief, Purvi didn't know what else to do. And she IS headstrong, when she decided there was no turning back.  

But i think the reason she left Mumbai and came back to Mumbai had nothing to do with her mother.  Her mother was now satisfied and happy.  It wasn't to protect her embarrassment for herself.  It was for Arjun.  This is my opinion.  If Ovi knew Purvi was pregnant with Arjun's child Ovi would go totally insane and that would cause Arjun great pain and also embarrassment.  She didn't want to be the cause of that so she left. What a mess it would have been if she came up pregnant.  Again, not for her own embarrassment but for what it would mean and do the family and to Arjun. 

She came back because she thought everyone would just assume the baby was Onirs' (why she married him) but she saw in Kolkatta how important the baby was to Arjun and wants to help save the child, who surely was doomed the way Ovi was behaving.  Maybe she just values life and wants to save the child.  Whatever happens Arjun will be in the middle and again in her mind it will be all her fault if she didn't do something to fix it.   

I am NOT agreeing with her logic.  She does try to play God not from an arrogant sense like most are saying, but because she is trying to help fix things.  I feel very sad for her. She's mixed up and too tender in her heart.  Too headstrong in her will, but too tender in her heart.  my feelings on it. Big smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ArVi-licioussoapwatcher1-LiveLaughLove-..DamonCrazy..

biyaahmad

Goldie

biyaahmad

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:10am | IP Logged
t4s

naava

IF-Dazzler

naava

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tanyaz

Naava and  Jhanvi ...

I mostly agree with what you guys always come across as fair and very sensible ...but today I do differ on some points ..

I will not call Purvi apavitra or anything like that ..It is true that worse things have been done on this show than what Purvi did ...like Manav taking away two one year old babies from their mother and never checking on her for 18 years ...that is far far more apavitra than what happened i nthe hut ...

I also do not feel bad for Ovi ...she  was asking for this .

But I do strongly believe that Purvi has betrayed her mother's trust .Actually Purvi broke my heart today LOL  . I don't know wh yI am feeling so bad but I did not expect her to do his to Archana ..Archana allowed her and Arjun to meet each other and spend time with each other but no way she allowed them to have sex before marriage ( no middle class Indian woman would allow her daughter this ) ...Archana is not from that kind of a background ...Purvi always talked about  middle class values and being a good sanskaari girl , she hated the idea of neighbours gossiping  ...so what happned now  ...this is not the kind of sanskaars that Archana must have have taught her ...

Purvi says one thing and does another ...

When Archana was raising  her , she did not have her family with her and she was not even rich ..She worked day and night and gave the best she could to this girl ...for a middle class woman like Archana , her biggest asset was her izzat , her name and nothing  else really ..
She was always under the scanner for being a wrong woman ( from her susraal ) , all she had was Purvi and nothing else ...

But Purvi just did not think about any of this ...

Archana will forever have to live with the tag of the mother of the daughter who got pregnant without getting married and that si a fact ..

Archana failed as a mother today , for me this is a very very sad fact . ..
What Purvi did is nothing to be proiud of at all .In fact I find it  sad .

I am feeling  very bad for Archana ..I know she will try and defend Purvi and her baby even now because parents  are parents , they always try and be there for their kids ...she is trying to defend Soham also but I really did not think that Purvi would do this to her mother .

Now Purvi should  stop talking so much about sanskaars and all that ..Just keep your mouth quiet and look after yourself and your baby ...

Archana and Purvi's rishta was the only rishta I liked i nthis show but the writers have butchered that as well today ...

Tanya, I am really sorry how this hurt you Cry  i can see it in your posts of course. You are very honest about it.  Broken Heart  

I don't have the same feelings about this part of it as you and i don't have a problem with what happened there in the hut, nor do i feel that what happened betrayed her mother in and of itself.   But we just differ on that point.  

However, from the standpoint of the story itself, all this happening was definitely not in keeping with the characters of Purvi and Arjun that they had developed.  The Purvi and Arjun they created would have acted differently... and yes, the Archana they created also will feel bad...maybe feel betrayed as you said. Although I am certain that once she sees the pain Purvi is in it won't matter. I only wish she could have seen the pain Purvi was in when she forced Arjun's marriage...Purvi is very very good at hiding her emotions.  No fault of Archu to not see it as Purvi simply is able to convey she's ok when she's not... This kind of child needs more reassurance than the acting out child of Ovi.  But you know, the squeaky wheel always gets the grease.  Happens a lot. 

Where I feel Purvi betrayed someone was of course forcing Arjun to marry Ovi. (but then, Arjun COULD have said no)..She betrayed the love of her life, and here she betrayed all that Archu did to approve the marriage.  She did it for reasons that were good, but she was very wrong in her decision both about giving the happiness back to her mother, and for her own and Arjun's life.  She panicked and didn't think.  And as we all see, she is determined once she decides to do something  LOL

I feel bad that you feel Archana failed as a mother. I don't think she did at all. Part of what happened was that Archana was the model of sacrficing her own happiness for others.  Purvi watched this and wanted to be like her mother.  As i said in another post, their strength is also their weakness.  

Edited by naava - 12 January 2013 at 4:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanyazsoapwatcher1

leelaa9

IF-Addictz

leelaa9

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:00am | IP Logged
Thanks for the WU.Smile

-Naresh-

IF-Rockerz

-Naresh-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:44am | IP Logged
close the topic...

strega

Groupbie

strega

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Tanyaz, Naava and Jhanvi,

I too agree with most of what ypu guys say..

I am unhappy about the baby being Arjuns because I think it was very unlike the charaters they sketched for us. I am not too fussed about what Ovi feels or what Archana thinks because Purvi worries about them too much anyways. I am more interested to see how the Onir angle is played. I am afraid I will be disappointed once more.

I want to see trust and strength in a marriage unlike any marriage shown so far in PR except oddly enough Manju and Vinods!

Originally posted by naava

Originally posted by Tanyaz

Naava and Jhanvi ...

I mostly agree with what you guys always come across as fair and very sensible ...but today I do differ on some points ..

I will not call Purvi apavitra or anything like that ..It is true that worse things have been done on this show than what Purvi did ...like Manav taking away two one year old babies from their mother and never checking on her for 18 years ...that is far far more apavitra than what happened i nthe hut ...

I also do not feel bad for Ovi ...she was asking for this .

But I do strongly believe that Purvi has betrayed her mother's trust .Actually Purvi broke my heart today LOL . I don't know wh yI am feeling so bad but I did not expect her to do his to Archana ..Archana allowed her and Arjun to meet each other and spend time with each other but no way she allowed them to have sex before marriage ( no middle class Indian woman would allow her daughter this ) ...Archana is not from that kind of a background ...Purvi always talked about middle class values and being a good sanskaari girl , she hated the idea of neighbours gossiping ...so what happned now ...this is not the kind of sanskaars that Archana must have have taught her ...

Purvi says one thing and does another ...

When Archana was raising her , she did not have her family with her and she was not even rich ..She worked day and night and gave the best she could to this girl ...for a middle class woman like Archana , her biggest asset was her izzat , her name and nothing else really ..

She was always under the scanner for being a wrong woman ( from her susraal ) , all she had was Purvi and nothing else ...

But Purvi just did not think about any of this ...

Archana will forever have to live with the tag of the mother of the daughter who got pregnant without getting married and that si a fact ..

Archana failed as a mother today , for me this is a very very sad fact ...

What Purvi did is nothing to be proiud of at all .In fact I find it sad .

I am feeling very bad for Archana ..I know she will try and defend Purvi and her baby even now because parents are parents , they always try and be there for their kids ...she is trying to defend Soham also but I really did not think that Purvi would do this to her mother .

Now Purvi should stop talking so much about sanskaars and all that ..Just keep your mouth quiet and look after yourself and your baby ...

Archana and Purvi's rishta was the only rishta I liked i nthis show but the writers have butchered that as well today ...

<font color="#0000cc">Tanya, I am really sorry how this hurt youCry i can see it in your posts of course. You are very honest about it. Broken Heart</font>

<font color="#0000cc">I don't have the same feelings about this part of it as you and i don't have a problem with what happened there in the hut, nor do i feel that what happened betrayed her mother in and of itself. But we just differ on that point. </font>

<font color="#0000cc">However, from the standpoint of the story itself, all this happening was definitely not in keeping with the characters of Purvi and Arjun that they had developed. The Purvi and Arjun they created would have acted differently... and yes, the Archana they created also will feel bad...maybe feel betrayed as you said. Although I am certain that once she sees the pain Purvi is in it won't matter. I only wish she could have seen the pain Purvi was in when she forced Arjun's marriage...Purvi is very very good at hiding her emotions. No fault of Archu to not see it as Purvi simply is able to convey she's ok when she's not... This kind of child needs more reassurance than the acting out child of Ovi. But you know, the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Happens a lot.</font>

<font color="#0000cc">Where I feel Purvi betrayed someone was of course forcing Arjun to marry Ovi. (but then, Arjun COULD have said no)..She betrayed the love of her life, and here she betrayed all that Archu did to approve the marriage. She did it for reasons that were good, but she was very wrong in her decision both about giving the happiness back to her mother, and for her own and Arjun's life. She panicked and didn't think. And as we all see, she is determined once she decides to do something LOL</font>

<font color="#0000cc">I feel bad that you feel Archana failed as a mother. I don't think she did at all. Part of what happened was that Archana was the model of sacrficing her own happiness for others. Purvi watched this and wanted to be like her mother. As i said in another post, their strength is also their weakness. </font>

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanyazsoapwatcher1

-Naresh-

IF-Rockerz

-Naresh-

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Plz close the topic.. If u all r want to discussion plz open new thread & discuss in that topic.. I want to close topic.

regards,
topic maker.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.