Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: hooked

Saanchi is just a spoilt brat, but the CV's r right in saying that she is not alone in how she thinks. When I wanted my kitchen to be the heart of my house - my architect couldn't understand it and she said - but what is the use only the cook and servants end up using it anyways !!!

I had just said - well it is where I work and my work space has to be tasteful and open and beautiful, I don't employ a cook. 

But I understand that there r many more people like Saanchi who think kitchen work is beneath them - ignorant snobs that they are.

CV's love to blame western culture and they r talking out of their hat coz they have no clue how hard the people in the west work or that cooking is an art and people take great pride in it and WITH good reason.

Anyways - just was glad Ms. Anandi had a happy smile on thruout and Daddu was back to keep things light and beautiful. It was cute the way he chose to have DS's favorite chai - ðŸ˜‰, bet anything he will tell DS about it too and make her squirm. Lovable old flirt !

Hooked , don't u think u should spend more time and write more posts in this forum?🤓😊

@ bold - So true! 

Actually i think cooking and maintaining house is a tough job. It is tougher than going out and working. That's because, u don't get paid directly...u don't have the benefits that u get when u go out and work...u don't have many holidays..and at times ur hard work is not even appreciated. In one word, ur work has to be selfless. This was what i noticed on watching my mom all my growing years and so i've decided to opt for " a paid job" rather than " a selfless service". This could be the same reason for most of the girls to think they don't want to cook unlike Sanchi who thinks it is a menial job.  

saviani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Thank you so much for the WU Anita...

I liked the way Ira composed herself inspite of she not being happy with the situation. Think CM's advice helped her for time being...

Nice to see singhs happy with full enthu.

Good Anandi & Shiv convinced Ira saying about the weekend plan... happy for Ansh and hope the story progress in a nice way without butchering the characters main identity...

Saachi... less said is better... who knows, she might be feeling her mom and CM also as servants or behanji types...😡

Precap: Both husband and wife are made for each other, can't comeout of their Jagya Mania...
Edited by saviani - 11 years ago
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Its okay to keep a cook in the house if u dont like cooking/or dont have time for it and its okay to cook yourself if you want to.
Why is cooking made a big deal in daily soaps?? As if one has committed a crime if one is not interested  in cooking or is a bad/selfish wife.
rukhsar.crazy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the update andv
leelaa9 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: andv

Kesar Bagh

Daddu arrives and is telling the family about his experience at the army function and how his colleges were appreciating his stamina and fitness. Anandi (A) and Shiv (S) arrive there and are happy to see daddu. A is in a saree and Meenu comments that she is looking good in her new saree. Sachi is shown with a grumpy face.

A then sees daddu pressing his head and inquires if he has a headache. He replies that it might be just the effect of the journey. A then tells him that she will make ginger tea for him. But daddu refuses and asks her to sit with them. A tells him that whenever  Dadi sa (DS) had a headache she made the same for her. Daddu gets excited on hearing this and says that if she made this for her he will also want to have it.

Iravati then tells A that her culha rasam pooja (I guess its a pooja done in the kitchen before the new bride starts cooking) is still left and hence she should make something sweet before anything. Since they plan to leave to Jaitser, they should finish the ritual today itself. Daddu is surprised to hear this when S replies that he is joining duty on the following day and hence they are going to Jaitser. Daddu looks sad. They ask her to make halwa. Iravati sadly tells A to filfill daddu's wish since they will not be around after today. 

A and S sense Iravati's sadness and console her that they are not going any where far and hence will visit them during the weekend. Iravati replies that since everyone was around all these days she got a little too emotional and feels bad to see them off. Daddu then lightens the moment.

Circuit House

DS, Sumitra, Gehna and Makhan are cleaning the place and getting it ready for A and S. Bheem Singh is also there to help them and tells DS that he will get groceries and set the kitchen up. DS jokingly asks him if he is S's first wife that he feels the necessity to set the kitchen up? She tells him that A will take care of it.

DS phone rings and its the guy who DS had appointed to search for J. She excuses herself and goes outside. She asks him if there is any good news. The informer replies that he is sorry since he has not been able to trace him yet. DS encourages him and asks him to keep the search on. She disconnects and turns around when she sees Gehna standing behind her. DS asks her if she has any work? Gehna gives DS her eye glasses which she has left behind. DS takes it from her and looks angrily at her. Gehena walks away quitely

Kesar Bagh

Iravati is trying to convince Sachi to accompany the couple and Meenu to Jaitser for the pag phera. But Sachi is adamant on not going. Iravati forces her to go since Ds had sply invited Sachi. She warns Sachi not to behave in any way that will hurt all of them. Irawati tells her that at times she needs to do things against her will for the sake of others.

A is in the kitchen making the halwa. S arrives there with a box of dry fruits for the halwa. A thanks him and starts pounding the dry fruits. S offers to help but A refuses. In the bargain, A hurts her self. S panics and apologizes. He takes her to the sink and runs water over the hands. A looks at S and realizes his concern. S tells her that her pain will reduce due to the running water.

Daddu then expresses his excitement to eat the halwa by shouting out that it smells very good. A and S then start serving the halwa. They get it to the living room where everyone is waiting. A takes the halwa and places it in front of God and prays. This impresses the Shekhars. She then serves everyone including Nathu. Everyone appreciates her talent in cooking.

Aalok and Daddu then give her some money, while Iravati and Meenu give her jewellery as a part of the custom and token of appreciation.

In the next scene Aalok is shown telling A to teach Sachi to to cook like her so that it will be useful for Sachi when she goes to her in-laws house. This irritates Sachi who yells out that she will not be the type who would be all the time dressed in heavy clothes and jewellery wasting time in the kitchen. She ridicules A saying that such things only servant or a person from an orthodox background can do. Daddu gets angry hearing this and shouts at her after which Sachi leaves the room.

Thereafter, the Shekhars are shocked seeing Bhairav, Shyam and Nandu at the door who might have witnessed the Sachi drama. 

Voice-over:  Some people of the new generation are of the opinion that people who dress in traditional clothes and do household chores are backward and non-progressive. 

Precap:  A and S are welcomed in the haveli. S inquires about Jagdish which leaves the Singhs worried. Meenu is also shown in the precap.

Sorry guys I will not be able to proof read due to personal commitments so please excuse any mistakes that I have made. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the WU.😊
Edited by leelaa9 - 11 years ago
mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: nolla

@Red Fully agree with you. She being a decent lady,did not want to create a hue and cry about the issue and decided to be silent. The way Shiv and Anandi tried to find a solution to this was hilarious. How can a collector find time tro visit his parents every weekend? DO we not know the work pressure of a collector? Forget about a collector, how many children can/do pay a visit to the parents every weekend? Who do they want to hoodwink?\
It was clear that Anandi was eager to get back to Jaitser and Shiv only toed the line,that is what he is best doing at.
Edited by mocking_bird - 11 years ago

hooked thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poiu123

Its okay to keep a cook in the house if u dont like cooking/or dont have time for it and its okay to cook yourself if you want to.
Why is cooking made a big deal in daily soaps?? As if one has committed a crime if one is not interested  in cooking or is a bad/selfish wife.

Well, the reason these serials glorify housework is because these are "daily soaps" meant for the majority of the masses who atleast in joint households and most towns (not metros), may be home makers - either bcoz of small children or elders or simply out of choice.

I have been in both situations and am currently at home out of choice plus also my kid is small. But I have seen that 8 out of 10 working women , HERE IN INDIA, DO tend to feel a little superior and like to demean those who stay at home.

It is not wrong to have a cook or a cleaning lady or even tutors to teach your kids, but ti is definitely wrong to put down a person just bcoz she chooses to do these jobs herself. Some may do it bcoz they can't afford to pay for them, some bcoz THEY SIMPLY LIKE TO PUT IN THE EXTRA CARE AND EFFORT INTO IT.

Working women are not better wives/moms nor are stay at home ones - but it is wrong to stereotype either choice. Foer ex - to assume that someone who stays at home obviously will only love to watch the mean saas/bahu shows or that the time a working mom spends with her kid is "quality time" v/s a stay at home mom who does it coz she probably has no skills to make money at an office.

But this is only in India, in the US, people are simply okay and accepting of/with your choices and don't judge you based on your work status. I hope that attitude will come here soon too.
Edited by hooked - 11 years ago
hooked thumbnail

Originally posted by: mocking_bird

@Red Fully agree with you. She being a decent lady,did not want to create a hue and cry about the issue and decided to be silent. The way Shiv and Anandi tried to find a solution to this was hilarious. How can a collector find time tro visit his parents every weekend? DO we not know the work pressure of a collector? Forget about a collector, how many children can/do pay a visit to the parents every weekend? Who do they want to hoodwink?\
It was clear that Anandi was eager to get back to Jaitser and Shiv only toed the line,that is what he is best doing at.

Yes - Anandi was eager to get back - why the surprise ? Which bride wudn't be excited to go back home for the first time after some time at her in-laws ?

But - did she force Shiv to go back early ? did she sulk or cry or throw nakhras about going back ? did she suggest/manipulate that he can join work early ?

So why blame A, just coz she was happy with Shiv's decision ? 

Shiv was staying away even before he came to Jaitser. Ira was probably used to both her kids being away - him at work, her at hostel. But a parent has a right to feel sad when her kids prepone their departure and Ira was justified too. S-A only tried to make her feel better by saying they wud come over every alternate weekend. True, it may not work out in the long run but even if each party comes over once a fortnight - that wud also work wudn't it ?

There's no hoodwinking here. These people know that they have jobs to do in Jaitser and weekend visits will also have priority for them as they both respect and love their families and treasure their relationships. 
Edited by hooked - 11 years ago
mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hooked

Yes - Anandi was eager to get back - why the surprise ? Which bride wudn't be excited to go back home for the first time after some time at her in-laws ?

But - did she force Shiv to go back early ? did she sulk or cry or throw nakhras about going back ? did she suggest/manipulate that he can join work early ?

So why blame A, just coz she was happy with Shiv's decision ? 

Shiv was staying away even before he came to Jaitser. Ira was probably used to both her kids being away - him at work, her at hostel. But a parent has a right to feel sad when her kids prepone their departure and Ira was justified too. S-A only tried to make her feel better by saying they wud come over every alternate weekend. True, it may not work out in the long run but even if each party comes over once a fortnight - that wud also work wudn't it ?

There's no hoodwinking here. These people know that they have jobs to do in Jaitser and weekend visits will also have priority for them as they both respect and love their families and treasure their relationships. 

Very true. Who would not be delighted to go back home? But, I thought she wanted to spend more time with Sekhars,that is why,she was not prepared to go for HM? Did I see correctly or not?
And if,they can visit Udaipur as promised,I will be delighted. But,let us wait and watch how they live up to their promise.I said,looking at the practical possibilities of the situation. It will be interesting how they will manage both fronts to meet their commitment.
Edited by mocking_bird - 11 years ago
hooked thumbnail
You saw that part correctly all right ! ðŸ˜›
 She decided against the HM, coz she wud have agreed to anything at all at that point to avoid Shiv's proximity and the undisturbed  red rose petals on their bed ðŸ˜‰ !

And yes - every weekend in the long run will be a little hard to manage, which is why as soon as Anandi suggested they'll do it, Shiv revised it to alternate weekends. :) . But chalo - its the thought that counts ! I do hope Shiv will not give more cause to Ira in future to doubt his affection for her.