Computers, Science, Technology

How to Burn HD Video onto DVD with Full Quality on

ifunia1 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I recently bought a Canon Vixia HFR20 HD camera. I was editing my video on imovie and when I was trying to export to DVD, imovie thumbed down the resolution quality. What programs are available where I can edit and then burn the HD video at full quality onto DVD? Thanks again!

With the invention of high-definition (HD) cameras, videos are viewed with crystal-clear images and optimal sound quality. So long as you have DVD-authoring software which can handle HD videos, you may find that burning HD videos to DVD is a good way of backing up your home movies or sharing the data to another computer.

Among the versatile DVD burning tools on market, iFunia DVD Creator for Mac is a top one for you to burn HD footages taken with over majority cams to DVD at high quality. It not only allows you to burn videos to DVD in clicks, but also offers useful editing functions, and lots of ready-made DVD menu templates so you can create DVD with menu and background music to play on TV and computer.

Free Download DVD Creator for Mac and install it

Step 1. Transfer HD videos into your DVD Creator
Download and install DVD Creator for Mac, after that you can load your HD videos into the program by drag&drop. It support almost any format HD videos you throw at it and delivers intact output quality. click HERE to learn the detailed input and specs of DVD Creator for Mac.

Step 2. Edit the HD video files (Optional)
On the right panel of DVD Creator for Mac, double click a video you need to enter the edit interface. You can trim the length, crop the size, adjust the effect as well as add watermark to the video clip.

Step 3. Select a DVD menu
Under the "Menu" tab, you can choose a DVD menu. There are many free DVD menu template for your choices. Choose a suitable menu style for your DVD, and then customize it according to your needs. In the Menu page, you can freely add text and change the frame and button of the menu.

Step 4. Preview and burn HD videos to DVD
Preview the DVD project to make sure everything goes right. Finally, you can just click the "Burn" button to step into the video burning part, in which you can choose the TV standard, burn to DVD Disk, DVD Folder or ISO File, output destination, etc. The burning process might take a while depending on the size of the HD video files. Just let this HD video files to DVD Creator for Mac handle the rest for you. When it's done, you can send your latest videos to your family, or enjoy it on DVD player connected to your big screen TV or on the road in your car DVD player.