Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

LumosJinx111

Groupbie

LumosJinx111

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
I'm starting a new FF about Albus Dumbledore. I've tried out something new for this fan-fic i.e. a first-person account. Plus this one's going to be a lil bit eclectic and different! So, I hope you all like it!

Chapter 1

"Stop it! Stop it, Mother!" Aberforth yelled as he rushed forward to protect Ariana from Mother's merciless blows. I stood there, rooted to the spot, not knowing what to do. I wanted to go and help my brother but...my legs didn't move.

"She's a Squib! A Squib! Can you believe it?" Mother yelled. Aberforth lunged forward and yanked Ariana away from Mother's deathly grasp and threw her to me. A weeping Ariana crashed into my arms. 

I held her awkwardly, my mind still refusing to cooperate. 

"Take her to our room, Albus!" he screamed, still trying to restrain Mother who was trying her level best to get to Ariana. I hurriedly took Ariana inside my room and consoled her the best I could. I don't know why but I'm not very good with emotional outbursts. And Mother and Ariana were prone to that pretty often. I wish I could get away from all of this soon. I wish that Gellert would come soon and take me away from all these.

I heard some loud, thumping sounds and rushed out to the hall to see Aberforth wrestling Mother away to her room. He pushed her in, roughly, and locked the door behind her and turned to face me. 

"Where's Ariana, Albus?" he asked, looking around.

"In my room," I replied and we both went there to find that Ariana had finally stopped crying. I inwardly heaved a sigh of relief. 

"Now now, little girl," I heard Aberforth consoling her. I went to my siblings and hugged them. 

"Ariana, please stop crying," I told her gently. "We are always there to protect you."

Ariana sniffed while Aberforth looked at me condescendingly. I flinched at the sight of such unadulterated hatred in my own brother's eyes.

"You?" he sneered. "Will you always be there to help her? Protect her?"

"Of...of course," I stammered, suddenly scared. "I'm her oldest brother after all."

Aberforth laughed sarcastically. "Yeah right! A very good oldest brother!"

I said nothing. 

"You just crave for power, Albus," Aberforth spat. "Your family does not matter to you. It never mattered.

I cannot deny that Aberforth's words shook me to the core. I do care for my family. I love them all, however they may be. 

But, he was right as well. I did crave for power. Very much.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CutecjKriShaReYam

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF: The Headmaster's Tale" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Amazing start Neha, can't wait to read more please update soon. I always wondered how Dumbledore's life was before he was teaching at Hogwarts. Please continue soon.
It is amazing.ClapThumbs Up

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Really nice Neha. Dumbledore's life. Clap

Cutecj

Goldie

Cutecj

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Please update soon.

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Wonderful start Neha! Pm me when you update. Wink

LumosJinx111

Groupbie

LumosJinx111

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Chapter 2

"Am I really a Squib?" Ariana asked me softly one afternoon. Before I could answer, Aberforth interrupted me.

"We don't know that as yet, Ari," he told. "And Squibs aren't bad. just misunderstood."

I kept my trap shut. Now wasn't the best time to tell my siblings that I had witnessed little bursts of magic originating from Ariana a few days back when Mother was yelling at her again. It wasn't much. Just that the spoon in Ariana's porridge bowl rattled a bit. But, it was magic, nonetheless. Which clearly meant that my sister wasn't a Squib.

"I don't think you are a Squib," I announced, unable to hold it any longer. "You do have some magic in you. Albeit uncontrolled."

"Oh, so the great Albus has spoken!," I did not miss the sarcasm in my brother's voice.

I didn't care as I continued with my reasoning. "Squibs are born, Aberforth," I explained, slightly exasperated at his lack of simple magical knowledge. "Witches and wizards just don't turn into Squibs overnight. It takes time to detect one though."

Thankfully, Aberforth didn't argue. He just put his arms around Ariana and tried to comfort her.

"You heard what Albus said," he told her, much to my amazement. Aberforth actually agreed with me! Now this was surprising.

"I think Albus is right, Ari," he told her, softly. "He knows more about this world than us."

I was poleaxed. Not knowing how to react to this sudden truce, I sat down on a chair and enveloped my two siblings in a bear hug. Thankfully and much to my surprise, neither of them pushed me away.

"We'll find a solution to this, Ariana," I promised fervently. "We will."

We hugged even more tightly and my mind went all those years back to that grisly incident which landed my father in Azkaban and left my sister in this state.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutecj

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Aww that was so sweet. Big smile

twila

IF-Dazzler

twila

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:24am | IP Logged