Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 30

kiran_rati

IF-Rockerz

kiran_rati

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged
i strongly believe our law is 80% responsible for increasing of crimes
20% society thinking towards women, disrespect.
women must change their way of thinking
one one woman is assaulted or something like rape
the other woman will try to misjudge her even though they didnt know about her like her clothing, job timings etc...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:03am | IP Logged
Now this debate has taken somewhere turn where there is really nothing to discuss...indian culture and western culture.
Now those who think that indian culture respected women in the past, this and that...it's nothing but a huge lie. No offense, but I'll give clearcut examples, and that too of reknowned and highly worshiped characters...
In indian mythology the person who is most perfect is Ram...he is the ideal man and sita ideal woman...a king who didn't had enough trust on his wife and he demanded an agnipariksha for her, then left her alone when a woman needs her partner most, in her pregnancy...
Indra, god of gods, a guy who is making out with every woman he like by changing his form, is the one who is assigned as the ruler of heaven.
In vishnu lakshmi, lakshmi is always sitting and massaging vishnu's legs and feet, while he's lying comfortably.
Such are the ideals of the great Indian Culture...look it's hard to criticize yourself, but that's the way you can change things.

Another point on western culture and short clothes...come on... it's just ignorance, lack of facts, and presumptions. The truth is that we used to wear much shorter clothes than them...imagine a saree without a blouse and petticoat...that's the original saree okay...blouse and petticoat were part of western dresses. Got to some tribal place and then you will see what is the original saree, and then u will see how much exposure is there.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..DamonCrazy..-Alina.BHAVIINinja.

Ninja.

IF-Stunnerz

Ninja.

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:18am | IP Logged
I blame the Discrimination Between Men & Women. Like they say one learns the basic things at home. Therefore, if a mother or a sister doesn't get proper respect, it obviously creates a bad impact on the kids. And they end up thinking it's not a very big deal to respect women and they can be treated like a object.

People say that the short dresses provoke those bas***ds. But how can one easily forget that those who wear long dresses and all also get raped or eve-teased? In the end, do the people want to mean that only the women are to be blamed for all these? By going that logic, is there no difference between a decent man and a rapist or a eve-teaser if the woman is the only one to be blamed? 3 year old kids also get raped. So, they know how to provoke or seduce? SUCH A JOKE!

Until we give proper respect and value to the women, I don't think such things can be stopped. And the women need to raise their voice and give a damn about the society.

Edited by Ninja. - 13 January 2013 at 1:24am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Trieshmeghasingh-Alina..dream-catcher.

PARVATHY44

IF-Dazzler

PARVATHY44

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:27am | IP Logged
First of all thank u so much for taking this particular topic into a debate session.
-Parents should teach their children(boys) from the very younger age onwards the importance ofwomen in the society and how to resect them
-Strict laws or punishment to be given to those who disrespect women by making bad comments and abusing them(eg:in Tamil nadu,only 2 or 3 rape cases r charged because in TN the laws r very strict and punishments r given immediately without much delay)Make TamilNadu as a rolemodel

Edited by PARVATHY44 - 13 January 2013 at 1:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Trieshzorrro-Alina.

.dream-catcher.

IF-Stunnerz

.dream-catcher.

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ninja.

I blame the Discrimination Between Men & Women. Like they say one learns the basic things at home. Therefore, if a mother or a sister doesn't get proper respect, it obviously creates a bad impact on the kids. And they end up thinking it's not a very big deal to respect women and they can be treated like a object.

People say that the short dresses provoke those bas***ds. But how can one easily forget that those who wear long dresses and all also get raped or eve-teased? In the end, do the people want to mean that only the women are to be blamed for all these? By going that logic is there no difference between a decent man and a rapist or a eve-teaser if the woman is the only one to be blamed? 3 year old kids also get raped. So, they know how to provoke or seduce? SUCH A JOKE!

Until, we give proper respect and value to the women, I don't think such things can be stopped. And the women need to raise their voice and give a damn about the society.
I agree 100% with you.

Last night around 2-3 I was with my sister in kitchen and we were talking about something. Due to pin drop silence our voice were easily heard outside our home considering we were near the window. Now we heard a man saying to other. "See there are girls inside" Now what does this say? Short Dresses? They heck didnt even see us but still passed comment.
Fault: No respect to women. Not by men neither by women themselves.

Edited by --Pooja- - 13 January 2013 at 1:25am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..DamonCrazy..-Alina.Ninja.

-Simz-

IF-Rockerz

-Simz-

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:46am | IP Logged
*RESERVED*

SwastikAshNi

IF-Sizzlerz

SwastikAshNi

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:53am | IP Logged
@meghasingh-No,it's not matter of offence,any decent debate shd always be welcomed and if anything is wrong that is wrong
You have given the example of Ram-Yes i think who say he was compelled to do it as dutiful king misses a part,that as a king his duty was also to take initiatives to change the mindset.Only near to justification can be-it would look selfish,as a King he was taking advantage.Though i strongly feel,he was not right in decision at all though he never disbelieved Sita and he himself suffered a lot.I respect Ram for other many reasons but not for this.
Actually scriptures also has changed/added quite several times.It reflects the change in Indian Society.Puranas are mostly written in recent times and so,it largely regressive while Vedanta,Gita in their form can be accepted to the most extent as their contents are guidance of universal ism and equality.As for  West is concerned,it has lots of positives sides too.
Back to original discussion,mindset to treat woman as pleasure of object has to be changed and that not at the cost of freedom of woman.Both Man and Woman has share of responsibilities in it.

Edited by SwastikAshNi - 13 January 2013 at 3:14am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sneha113

Ninja.

IF-Stunnerz

Ninja.

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Pooja-

I agree 100% with you.

Last night around 2-3 I was with my sister in kitchen and we were talking about something. Due to pin drop silence our voice were easily heard outside our home considering we were near the window. Now we heard a man saying to other. "See there are girls inside" Now what does this say? Short Dresses? They heck didnt even see us but still passed comment.
Fault: No respect to women. Not by men neither by women themselves.

Thanks, Pooja! =)

That's disgusting! Sadly it's become just a normal thing to pass a disrespectful comment to a girl or a woman. They think it's okay to do that, nothing wrong with that. Most of the people brought up having in their mindset that no respect needs to be given to women. Even many educated people tend to think like that. Why? As they see since childhood that their women of their house like mothers, sister etc are treated badly by other family members just because of being a woman.

Be it the women or be it the man, some people think women are just burdens. If anything happens to a girl, she has to keep her mouth because of the society. But they forget, doing that it'll encourage such crimes more and more. Yeah, it's such an irony when a woman doesn't have any respect for the other woman.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top