Debate Mansion

Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 28)

Post Reply New Post

Page 28 of 30

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Rape has increased because human beings forget that they are humans and  act like animals

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 28)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

OyeChupKar

Goldie

OyeChupKar

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zorrro

Rape has increased because human beings forget that they are humans and  act like animals
Do animals rape?

They, in many cases , are better behaved than these humans. Who rape and steal

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChocoBoyBarun..

Do animals rape?

I won't say animals are better behaved, but in India the way some men behave is downright disgusting and pathetic. 
They think raping a woman is their "right" and they are being "a man" when in fact it screams out that they are so pathetic and inhumane that they have to inflict torture on another human being to feel better about themselves. 

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krani

Originally posted by ChocoBoyBarun..

Do animals rape?

I won't say animals are better behaved, but in India the way some men behave is downright disgusting and pathetic. 
They think raping a woman is their "right" and they are being "a man" when in fact it screams out that they are so pathetic and inhumane that they have to inflict torture on another human being to feel better about themselves. 

First of all, what can we expect...it's a man's right. Marital rape isn't rape, neither in law, nor in society's eyes. A woman to be "safe" needs to be the property of a man, however when they are out, they they cross their "limits". I read a case where a woman was raped like a punishment for roaming around with a guy in public.
About the rapes with kids etc. it's lust of having total control over a body.

-bharti-

IF-Rockerz

-bharti-

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Its the patriarchial upbringing where from birth it is ingrained that male is superior and females need to be protected from outsiders but can be used n abused by own family.  They are like trophies owned, showcased and discarded if tragedy befalls her cause the honour of the family is tainted.  
The mindset is to be blamed, the same who leer at other women fiercely guard their own women.  
Most men dont consider women to have a life of their OWN.  They cannot tolerate women achieving academic or career success, cause they take it as an upfront to their manhood.  
A married woman faces more biases with the added burden of appeasing in laws, husband, children, etc,..  She is expected to carry the burden of upholding the honour of all these leeches.  Its a sad sad state of affairs. All arguments of dress, bollywood, western influences is one big BULLSHIT !
Its all in the filthy brain which views women as objects of pleasure.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Krani

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -bharti-

Its the patriarchial upbringing where from birth it is ingrained that male is superior and females need to be protected from outsiders but can be used n abused by own family.  They are like trophies owned, showcased and discarded if tragedy befalls her cause the honour of the family is tainted.  
The mindset is to be blamed, the same who leer at other women fiercely guard their own women.  
Most men dont consider women to have a life of their OWN.  They cannot tolerate women achieving academic or career success, cause they take it as an upfront to their manhood.  
A married woman faces more biases with the added burden of appeasing in laws, husband, children, etc,..  She is expected to carry the burden of upholding the honour of all these leeches.  Its a sad sad state of affairs. All arguments of dress, bollywood, western influences is one big BULLSHIT !
Its all in the filthy brain which views women as objects of pleasure.  

To me it seems that people don't want to open their eyes and realise that the fault lies in their own mindset, and not in what they see on TV or movies. 
They keep passing off the blame to such things because it's easier to remove them from the public's eye, rather than making the effort to actually educate and reform the public. 

The whole disrespect for women does not erupt from watching Shiela Ki Jawaani, etc, it comes from seeing the injustice around you and accepting it for life, hence committing the crimes and getting away with it. 

Yes, objectification of women should stop in the media, but to pass off the blame solely on the media for the rapists raping is silly, in my opinion. 
If that's the case then just don't go for such movies? 

~K

-Risha_ipkknd-

IF-Rockerz

-Risha_ipkknd-

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:20am | IP Logged
There can never be ANY sane person who will commit rape because he saw an item song or movie with girls as they say in "short clothes". Rape is always because of the mentality an individual possesses and NOT because a certain girl "provoked" him. It's really horrendous that many in our society including the so called representatives of power ,the politicians, believe and argue that the girl should have been more careful, the girl should have worn traditional clothing etc. FYI , there are rapes committed to girls who dress up in sarees or salwaar kameez too. It has absolutely nothing to do with the clothing whatsoever.

The root cause, at least in my POV is the socially acceptable evils in our society as well as the development in smaller towns and villages. I say that because I am a small town girl but I live in Delhi for education. I agree that rich and educated people also commit rapes but a majority of the rapes are committed by labourers and bus drivers and such who have migrated to the city for work. And I will take the liberty to say that sadly, many of them are from the state I hail from , Bihar.

Rapes have NOTHING to do with a particular state or region, that is true in itself. But I choose to believe that it does have to do with the huge gap between development in smaller towns and big cities. When I go back to my hometown, dressed in a jeans and tshirt, I will have innumerous eyes staring at me. Stares that can make you shiver. The low literacy rates, the huge population and absolutely no exposure to independent women leads to these men believing that women are their property. And when they migrate to cities, they suddenly see so many women and girls who are independent, who believe they are equal to men. This provokes them. Plus our country is largely ignorant towards sex education. Talking about sex is a taboo. If we were more broad minded in talking about sex, with our parents as well as anyone else, things would change. 

The government never does enough to increase literacy rates and nor does the society, who still marries girls off at the age of 13 and restrict their movement. If change is needed then it has to be not just strict laws but also retaliation from the society. Earlier, the girl would be talked about if she was raped but today, suddenly there IS some change occurring. Even villages and small towns are shut down because of one rape. The mindset is changing, it will take time,but I do believe that there is more anger on rape than ever before. If there was more emphasis on educating people, morally and not just by the books, things would get better.

-Risha

Edited by Amethyst. - 02 May 2013 at 1:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Krani_Angie_

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 02 May 2013 at 1:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amethyst.

There can never be ANY sane person who will commit rape because he saw an item song or movie with girls as they say in "short clothes". Rape is always because of the mentality an individual possesses and NOT because a certain girl "provoked" him. It's really horrendous that many in our society including the so called representatives of power ,the politicians, believe and argue that the girl should have been more careful, the girl should have worn traditional clothing etc. FYI , there are rapes committed to girls who dress up in sarees or salwaar kameez too. It has absolutely nothing to do with the clothing whatsoever.

The root cause, at least in my POV is the socially acceptable evils in our society as well as the development in smaller towns and villages. I say that because I am a small town girl but I live in Delhi for education. I agree that rich and educated people also commit rapes but a majority of the rapes are committed by labourers and bus drivers and such who have migrated to the city for work. And I will take the liberty to say that sadly, many of them are from the state I hail from , Bihar.

Rapes have NOTHING to do with a particular state or region, that is true in itself. But I choose to believe that it does have to do with the huge gap between development in smaller towns and big cities. When I go back to my hometown, dressed in a jeans and tshirt, I will have innumerous eyes staring at me. Stares that can make you shiver. The low literacy rates, the huge population and absolutely no exposure to independent women leads to these men believing that women are their property. And when they migrate to cities, they suddenly see so many women and girls who are independent, who believe they are equal to men. This provokes them. Plus our country is largely ignorant towards sex education. Talking about sex is a taboo. If we were more broad minded in talking about sex, with our parents as well as anyone else, things would change. 

The government never does enough to increase literacy rates and nor does the society, who still marries girls off at the age of 13 and restrict their movement. If change is needed then it has to be not just strict laws but also retaliation from the society. Earlier, the girl would be talked about if she was raped but today, suddenly there IS some change occurring. Even villages and small towns are shut down because of one rape. The mindset is changing, it will take time,but I do believe that there is more anger on rape than ever before. If there was more emphasis on educating people, morally and not just by the books, things would get better.

-Risha

Well-written! 

@Bold: This

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Risha_ipkknd-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top