Debate Mansion

Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 27)

Post Reply New Post

Page 27 of 30

sunset60

Groupbie

sunset60

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Its extremely unexceptable for me to ask what the girl was wearing when she was raped... I dont think that matter most or almost all the time..

But i do believe that the skin show tht has incresased in our daily life n media has led to an increase in rape cases.. If u ask me how then the answerr would be tht when a man watches sheila ki jawani in cinema or anyother item song or a heroine in bikini on tv etc, he gets excited..he begins seeking 'pleasure'... When he is not able to satisfy himself legally he starts thinking abt illegal ways... He starts percieving women around him as sex objects.. His eyes linger on in the girl/woman's private parts even if they are covered by a dupata or a sarre. He starts concieving ideas on how to achieve his goals.. The result is tht cooks up a plan to rape...
My POV

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 27)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunset60

Its extremely unexceptable for me to ask what the girl was wearing when she was raped... I dont think that matter most or almost all the time..

But i do believe that the skin show tht has incresased in our daily life n media has led to an increase in rape cases.. If u ask me how then the answerr would be tht when a man watches sheila ki jawani in cinema or anyother item song or a heroine in bikini on tv etc, he gets excited..he begins seeking 'pleasure'... When he is not able to satisfy himself legally he starts thinking abt illegal ways... He starts percieving women around him as sex objects.. His eyes linger on in the girl/woman's private parts even if they are covered by a dupata or a sarre. He starts concieving ideas on how to achieve his goals.. The result is tht cooks up a plan to rape...
My POV

That's not the media's fault, that's the man's fault. It's not the "showing of skins" fault, it's the man's mentality that's at fault. 

For these reasons:

a) He was unable to control these urges. Men aren't meant to behave like animals that cannot control themselves at sight of a female - however the way things are going, I guess that's what it's coming to. It all boils down to education, I suppose. 

b) The mentality - it's the fact that he perceives women as objects of human gratifications rather than humans. 

c) The media overseas shows a lot more risque stuff than this, heck people are seen walking in bikinis, which does not happen in India. 

So then why do we blame the media, when the blame should technically fall completely on the rapist because at the end of the day it's the person that's responsible for their actions - nobody/nothing else. 
They may have gotten "excited" after seeing an item song - but there are ways to get "rid" of the excitement, instead of raping. 

sunset60

Groupbie

sunset60

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krani

Its extremely unexceptable for me to ask what the girl was whttp://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htmttp://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htming when she was raped... I dont think that matter most or almost all the time..

My POV

That's not the media's fault, that's the man's fault. It's not the "showing of skins" fault, it's the man's mentality that's at fault.

For these reasons:

a) He was unable to control these urges. Men aren't meant to behave like animals that cannot control themselves at sight of a female - however the way things are going, I guess that's what it's coming to. It all boils down to education, I suppose.

b) The mentality - it's the fact that he perceives women as objects of human gratifications rather than humans.

c) The media overseas shows a lot more risque stuff than this, heck people are seen walking in bikinis, which does not happen in India.

So then why do we blame the media, when the blame should technically fall completely on the rapist because at the end of the day it's the person that's responsible for their actions - nobody/nothing else.
They may have gotten "excited" after seeing an item song - but there are ways to get "rid" of the excitement, instead of raping.

Rape happens in all societies.. Where they do or dont hve ways to get "rid" or yhr excitement.. It still does happen.. How will u get the mentallity of these ******** to change??? How??? I dont think awareness is the answer.. Everyone is aware tht its a crime.. What they have in mind is tht they wont get caught.. But thats not mybpoint here... My point is tht the media is responsible!!

Do u knw the statistics of rapes in america? A rape happens every 2 minutes over there!!!(http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)
Its just tht we r ignorant abt it.. Just like we were abt the rapes in dehli before the tragic incident happened..

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 10:39pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Krani

Its extremely unexceptable for me to ask what the girl was whttp://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htmttp://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htming when she was raped... I dont think that matter most or almost all the time..

My POV

For these reasons:

Rape happens in all societies.. Where they do or dont hve ways to get "rid" or yhr excitement.. It still does happen.. How will u get the mentallity of these ******** to change??? How??? I dont think awareness is the answer.. Everyone is aware tht its a crime.. What they have in mind is tht they wont get caught.. But thats not mybpoint here... My point is tht the media is responsible!!

Do u knw the statistics of rapes in america? A rape happens every 2 minutes over there!!!(http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm)
Its just tht we r ignorant abt it.. Just like we were abt the rapes in dehli before the tragic incident happened..

Statistics posted over the net - I won't take them seriously. But even if you do, I want to ask you the question:

How many of them are bribed/threatened/bullied by the police to remain quiet? How many of them are made to feel as though it's their own fault? How many are ostracised by the society cause she is "no longer a virgin" and hence "impure"? 

The issue with India is that not severe punishments are handed out, the justice takes ages, and the victim is given no protection from the rapists. 
You call media to be a the source of all these rapes? It was media that made the Jessical Lal case bigger across India - leading to justice. It was media that broadcasted the protests, and forced action against the dec 26th protests. 
It is the same media that Aamir Khan uses to send across various messages across society. 

Yes, you have those movies which do not, and do show women in a vulgar light - but tell me something? After watching that movie, do you, anyone you know, feel like going out and raping? No. 
It's a combination of the society's mindset against women, the fact that they are nothing but sexual gratification objects, the fact that they have no right, and also the faults found in our own judiciary system, which fails to protect the victims and supports the culprits. 

People choose to un-see everything, and that's the problem. Rather than addressing the root cause of it, people want to change other aspects - such as these;

1) make women wear more clothes - how about tell the boy not to rape?

2) Get rid of all these disgusting things from the media - how about educate the youth to respect women, regardless of what's shown in media? 

3) Tell women not to go out at night - how about tell the men to not rape?

4) She was drunk, she shouldn't have drank - Once again, the same thing: how about educating the man to respect and not think that women are to be used as objects? 

A lot of men who attack and rape a woman do not see whether she has good enough assets, he just wants to hurt, and dominate the woman for those brutal minutes. 

The way to get rid of this is to use the aid of media
The approach of media across the entire nation is tremendous. You can educate people, and you can make them aware of such things. 

The way to get rid of this would be to get harsher punishments, and to make the system work faster so that efficient punishment is handed out. 

The way to get rid of this would not be to make the women more careful, but to make the men respect women. 

The way to get rid of this would be to raise a voice against injustice, rather than being a spectator, or walking away, afraid of the consequences. 

I also feel that because sex is such a taboo in the society, and not spoken of - this is what makes these rapes worse. Because the victim is forced into silence due to the judgmental attitudes of the society. 
Education plays a key role as well - if you educate children to respect one another, give them an education in sex education, to make them more aware of such things, and educate them on right and wrong, that can go a long way. Yes, our generation is different from the previous generation, however the rates at which the rapes are climbing up, something needs to be done. Media, according to me, is not the answer - rather the answer is to make the society aware that this is wrong. To make the society realise that it's the man's fault. To make the punishments harsh and efficient so the rapist is afraid.

Sensitising the police is also another step. The woman is traumatised after such an experience, and the last thing she needs is questions regarding how she provoked the rape. 

~K

Edited by Krani - 29 April 2013 at 10:53pm

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 29 April 2013 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
 Provocative Act?  Pop Culture? or the Mentality? all blame game for me

i agree these things do provoke but they didn't give men a lisence to habendum  law & justice & rape womens.provocative act by modern women or pop culture cause rape it is a statement of sick mind there are cases of female child rape,womens in villages are raped too who dosen't belong to any pop culture nor done any provocative act.why we womens not hear any such statement from a group of girls '' the modern provocative act of the modern boy cause rape''.

What exactly is the root cause according to you?

poor very very poor law & security is the main reason to let such incidents happen.goverment should wakeup & take insiatives to stop such shameful acts.there should be only death panelty for rapist.if the rape is done in public places the rapiest should be hang to death in public..
public ignorence specialy womens ignorence.every women face it we face it every day abusive acts, lewd comments,lustful eyes. first we get scared of it then later we start ingnoring them & finaly we become use of it.why??? even in public places when some nasty comments were passed most of girls ignore & say don't want to creat a scene &public just stand like dummies to watch & say we can't risk our life. why not to stop it on the first place.how many of us acted in such situation to defend our respect.even people are afraid to make a police call in these situations.our silence give them courage & today we are being targeted by these sick minds. i wish a law too pass against such dummies who just stand & watch.as a human we should know our responsibility & act.

since the day the world is created evil & good is present. so there is no way to stop rape permanetaly but we can discuss the things which will decrease the cases & such incidents to happen.

Death panelty for rapist

after this case a example should be set to make these sick mind think 1000 time before attempt rape.only death panelty for rapist.

No alcohol

why only drugs are banned alcohol should be also banned.  drunkers should not be allowed on public places like roads,busstand ,parks,cinemas they even shouldn't allowed to travel or take a taxi or auto.any person drunk should not be allowed to outdoors. it dosen't matter he/she is enough consious or not.if bunch of drunkers are found on any place immediate call should be make to police to catch them before they cause any trouble.
i don't understand the liquid poison which snach your senses of humanity & give you dieases like cancer is allowed it should be banned.

every girl should learn self defence

we are working whith shoulder to shoulder with the mens in every field we are not behind them but a fact we can't deny mens are physicaly stronger then womens. i request please every girls should learn self defence. women self defence should be teached to girls in school level as a subject. if you are a mother,father,brother or a elder sister please make sure your daughters your sisters learn self defence even if your are a house wife or over 30 its never too late to learn.if you can afford self defence classes fees well enough but if you can't you can learn it through internet.it gives you self confidence it make you physicaly capable to deal with hard situations.i my self is a green belt & Krav Maga trained by my brother.

respect women dignity

Every culture was influenced.thats how it evolved.but yes transition does appear frustrating..as some take the worst out of both.
as a women we know how to carry our selves.we know our culture & traditions we follow them & respect them. so as a women respect your dignity.

sunset60

Groupbie

sunset60

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Statistics posted over the net - I won't take them seriously. But even if you do, I want to ask you the question:

How many of them are bribed/threatened/bullied by the police to remain quiet? How many of them are made to feel as though it's their own fault? How many are ostracised by the society cause she is "no longer a virgin" and hence "impure"?

l this is not just some random text from the internet. i was hoping to get u reference from a book but i dont hve the time to search.. if u do find sum time then please do read abt it.. the second thing is tht are u implying tht the people raped in america r lesser victims then people raped in India? i failed to understand ur point.. when i gave u the statistics my sole reason was to get the notion cancelled tht "people in the west are more open and wear lesser clothes but still nobody is bothered with their bikinis and these people dont get raped"..

For ur point where u state about jessica lal case, amir khan etc..

When did i say tht media is totally wrong and nothing right is being shown on it.. it does have a lot of positives which i completely agree wid.. my point is tht the negatives should be erased.. heroines should wear decent clothes.. they shouldnt flaunt their bodies.. I think tht this is what labels us as sexual gratification objects.. ITEM

I never felt like raping people when i did watch any vulgarity(bikimis etc) in movies.. Even if i was a guy i dont think i would have..ya tht us my upbringing.. But there is no way i can pass tht on to all the ghys out there.. Its impossible.. The only solution in my mind is to have a goood society structure where u forbid the evils.. Vulgarity is evil.. It should be stopped. Yes i agree tht the punishment should b severe.. Capital punishment.. Nothing less!

Why not tell the boys/men not to rape girls/women?

Seriously??? Ok i will tell each man i meet not to rape women.. Hope it helps..
Sorrry to b sarcastic but dont u think tht people in their right minds dont rape.. Its the people with corrupt/ bad/ evil/etc minds who rape.. Just asking them not to do so wont help... I dont think so

Yes, our generation is different from the previous generation, however the rates at which the rapes are climbing up, something needs to be done.

Now this is something tht backs my belief.. My question is tht if we r getting modern and more human nd more conciderate and more open and more liberal then why hve the crimes against humanitybalso increased.. If our generation is better bcoz now girls have more freedom to live, to wear what they want, to b happy then y is the happiness if some of the girls being snatched away by these vicious creatures.

Edited by sunset60 - 30 April 2013 at 5:52am

katie_vd4evr

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 6:19am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Krani-bharti-

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 30 April 2013 at 6:31am | IP Logged

l this is not just some random text from the internet. i was hoping to get u reference from a book but i dont hve the time to search.. if u do find sum time then please do read abt it.. the second thing is tht are u implying tht the people raped in america r lesser victims then people raped in India? i failed to understand ur point.. when i gave u the statistics my sole reason was to get the notion cancelled tht "people in the west are more open and wear lesser clothes but still nobody is bothered with their bikinis and these people dont get raped"..

For ur point where u state about jessica lal case, amir khan etc..

When did i say tht media is totally wrong and nothing right is being shown on it.. it does have a lot of positives which i completely agree wid.. my point is tht the negatives should be erased.. heroines should wear decent clothes.. they shouldnt flaunt their bodies.. I think tht this is what labels us as sexual gratification objects.. ITEM

I never felt like raping people when i did watch any vulgarity(bikimis etc) in movies.. Even if i was a guy i dont think i would have..ya tht us my upbringing.. But there is no way i can pass tht on to all the ghys out there.. Its impossible.. The only solution in my mind is to have a goood society structure where u forbid the evils.. Vulgarity is evil.. It should be stopped. Yes i agree tht the punishment should b severe.. Capital punishment.. Nothing less!

Why not tell the boys/men not to rape girls/women?

Sorrry to b sarcastic but dont u think tht people in their right minds dont rape.. Its the people with corrupt/ bad/ evil/etc minds who rape.. Just asking them not to do so wont help... I dont think so

Yes, our generation is different from the previous generation, however the rates at which the rapes are climbing up, something needs to be done.

Now this is something tht backs my belief.. My question is tht if we r getting modern and more human nd more conciderate and more open and more liberal then why hve the crimes against humanitybalso increased.. If our generation is better bcoz now girls have more freedom to live, to wear what they want, to b happy then y is the happiness if some of the girls being snatched away by these vicious creatures.

Nope, I never implied that the people in America are lesser victims. Where did you even get that from? 
Your statement of a rape happening every two minutes in America does not cancel my statement at all. 
I had said that to compare it with India, the media in India is a lot tamer compared to America, yet the rapes occur here, just as they occur over there. In fact the women in India cover themselves, and heck some of the women who wear hijabs are still sexually assaulted, so where does the provocation come from?
Also most of the rapes in India are not reported due to the pressures and stigmatisation that comes from the society, hence a lot of the data is missing, therefore you can't really compare statistics against India that well. Not only that but marital rape was not considered a crime just until a while ago, hence that data is yet to be added. 

By the west, I don't just mean America, but Europe, Australia, etc as well. If you see a woman walking down the street in Melbourne, wearing a bikini (and it's happened a lot) she really is not going to be sexually assaulted like she is in India. 
Heck even if I wear a tshirt which shows a small amount of cleavage in India, that attracts so many lechers it's disgusting. 

Therefore coming back to my point, the media is more risque in the west, and you see people wearing a lot more revealing clothes here, yet the amount of harassment you get in the west is reasonably lesser compared to the amount of harassment you have in India. If I even stand in a metro where there are men, chances are that I will get harassed - that's how bad it's gotten.

Therefore you can't just say "the media is showing skin, so therefore rapists are gonna rape" 

"When did i say tht media is totally wrong and nothing right is being shown on it.. it does have a lot of positives which i completely agree wid.. my point is tht the negatives should be erased.. heroines should wear decent clothes.. they shouldnt flaunt their bodies.. I think tht this is what labels us as sexual gratification objects.. ITEM"

I don't care much about the item songs not being there, nor do I care about them being there. 
Why should the woman have to change the way she behaves or dresses? It's the man that's at fault, it's the man that should exercise control. You forget that most of the women that are assaulted in India are covered head to toe, and are not provocatively dancing in front of men.

Even if you get rid of such things from Bolylwood, what's to say that the man is not going to look up stuff on the net? Heard of po*n? What's to say that the man is not going to look such things up - they still show women as sexual objects, so clearly getting rid of item songs is not going to achieve much, is it? Unless you propose to censor the internet as well. 

I am sorry, but I find it really silly to pass off the blame of a rapist, and say that it was the media's fault that he was forced to go and rape. 

"I never felt like raping people when i did watch any vulgarity(bikimis etc) in movies.. Even if i was a guy i dont think i would have..ya tht us my upbringing.. But there is no way i can pass tht on to all the ghys out there.. Its impossible.. The only solution in my mind is to have a goood society structure where u forbid the evils.. Vulgarity is evil.. It should be stopped. Yes i agree tht the punishment should b severe.. Capital punishment.. Nothing less!"

What kind of a society do you propose? Do you propose a society where a woman has to be careful not to "provoke" the man to rape her, rather than getting the man to just...not rape?

Uh. Yeah. If you had a son, I surely hope you are teaching him not to. 
And you know what, if you want to go out there and teach every man you meet, then sure, go for it.
This evilness gets worse if they are not educated properly on respecting a woman, and when there aren't severe enough punishments, allowing the man to roam free. 

But seriously, surely educating a man not to rape is not that incredulous an idea to you, is it? 

If you are indicating that the rapes have increased because the society has gotten more modern and women are wearing whatever they want, then I completely disagree with you. Rapes have increased due to failure in protecting the victims, due to the corruption of the politicians that are too busy stealing money, and due to the fact that hardly any punishment is handed out against this horrendous crime.
Awareness is reaching across, and women are now raising a voice against rape rather than just taking it lying down. 

The idea of getting the woman to "not provoke" the man to rape is not a long-term solution, nor is putting a ban on what is shown in the media. This is a democratic country, and free speech is a very important right for humans. If someone wants to make a movie which has an item song, so be it. 
That should not be the excuse the society uses to justify a rapists actions. The actions of the rapists are that of his own. You have to hold the rapist responsible, not the media, not the woman. 

Edited by Krani - 30 April 2013 at 6:37am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top