Page 2 of 30

Page 1
Page   of 30
Page 3 Page 30

yasri

IF-Dazzler

yasri

Posted: 11 January 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
I just noticing that indications to sex is everywhere around us... in songs picturized, in movies, in serials, in shows... don't u think this too much focusing on this issue is brainwashing youths mind to keep thinking this way whenever they see a woman infront of them?

The first thought they get is this rather that look at her as a human like him...

Mostly this is affecting guys who r not successful in their lives... they have nothing to lose, be it reputation, career, or happy family...

So I believe media, entertainment industry, education and corruption.. .. vast majority of movies is using woman as a sexual tool with community approval, then how can u ask youth to stop thinking of women in this way?!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24shri kannandhaakshuSneha113-Alina.Kai...RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Stutz-

IF-Veteran Member

-Stutz-

IF Crazy Artistic Captain

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 1:31am | IP Logged
^Hey, well..I don't quite agree to what you said :) Yes, Bollywood and tellywood have shown some scenes which are sensual, but when we compare the scenes to what is shown abroad, it is nuthing! My friend's brother studies abroad. At 3AM, girls move around wearing bikinis an no one is even bothered! Then why are girls accused of 'provoking' guys to rape them when they wear decently good clothes(i have never seen someone wearing a bikini and moving around the streets in India!)

secondly, rape is, agreed many a times committed by unemployed/distressed people. However, there are many cases where guys earning well..working for MNCs have committed these crimes!

my views:
India has developed quite a bit in various sectors, then why does it lack socially? Why is STILL the girl blamed? Why does the ruling class come up with such absurd an UNACCEPTABLE statements? Is being a girl the victimns fault? Heck, is it even a FAULT? Why are always girls expected to maintain dignity. Have you ever heard of a guy getting raped? I haven't.

Girls should be careful! - Why? Don't we have a right to live a good life, fearless life like the guys? Coming to the question, who is responsible?

Seeing what is happening in the past few days, for me..its the MINDSET.
The other day, one person(I wont name) said girls should dress carefully. People refused, protested, he was correctly shamed by the media. Great job. But, when I re-think, what comes to my mind is that - according to that man - the mindset of SOME boys is so CHEAP, VULGAR AND LOW, that when he would see a girl in western clothes, he would POUNCE on her, rape her, and what? Murder her?

I hope this is not the case! Men have respect, they have shame, they have dignity..they are RESPONSIBLE. However, if a man thinks that girls are a usable property, akeli ladki-khuli tijori kinds, then he is spineless, shameless and not man enough!

Rapes should be dealt with.strictly in our country. As some say, "Dont teach us what to wear, teach them not to rape."

i'll be back! Lol..

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

Princesstiannateja57TrieshMahika24divyababuWhite.Pearldhaakshu-Inferno-_G1234_Rainbowcatxobepatientdivyasnwadi..dollMahek_No1-Chandramukhi-Shalve-Alina._Divya_..CountingStars

_Divya_

IF-Stunnerz

_Divya_

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 2:28am | IP Logged
awesome topic! Thumbs Up

rnfandeboo

rnfandeboo

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 3:14am | IP Logged
the problem is that for some  men ,women are objects,utility, they don't think of women as human 
hindi movies,songs are somewhat(not totally) responsible  ...bcs in movies and songs a women's body is shown from top to bottom...the camera focuses on every part of her body as if she is something to eat,as if she is some kind of alien that everyone is curious abt...d the sad part is such movies/songs do very well in India...

in indian movies sex is always depicted as using of a woman's body by a man...just  as a  means of physical pleasure ... they never show it as a level, two mature,deeply in love,life partrnes take their relationship to...

girls are  eve teased by songs...why make  such songs which ppl can use to eve-tease girls...but I also know that  ppl 's mentality is responsible not songs.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24wadi..dollgaurav_ankita08-Alina.Sneha113Kai._Divya_

.DarkParadise..

IF-Stunnerz

.DarkParadise..

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:17am | IP Logged
I'm tired of writing essays after essays on this topic so I will sum it up in brief. The cause and effect of rape is all to do with mentality. The rapist's animalistic mentality of viewing women as objects and then the society's patriarchal mentality of blaming the victim for it. The crime against women are so prevalent in societies which aren't sexually liberated and unfortunately, ours is one of them. That's all from me. Rest, everyone's come up with very valid points (=

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

shanta71TrieshMahika24-RD-wadi..dollgaurav_ankita08Shalveshewolf.-Alina._Divya_

gaurav_ankita08

IF-Rockerz

gaurav_ankita08

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Awesome Topic Dear,
I would like to say a girl gets rape bcoz someone rapes her for wrong intentions.
A Girl does not get rape on Proactive clothes "The rape happens bcoz Our society has some Hyprocites doing this business",I would also say to the Boys " Stop calling Girls as Item,Chamiya n all useless names".It Conveys that your families had brought up you for all this.
Being a Boy i m ashamed of my country,culture n government.
Regards Gaurav,
Thanks for opening such beautiful thread for debate.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sneha113_Divya_

LadyDabangg

IF-Sizzlerz

LadyDabangg

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:32am | IP Logged
it's all the mentality of the criminal which is fill with filth.

the victim will never invite the person to come and do whatever he wants. it's stupid how people blame the victim. Most people blame the woman for everything.

Edited by LadyDabangg - 12 January 2013 at 4:33am

ZAHARA.

IF-Rockerz

ZAHARA.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 12 January 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Who is responsible for rape? 

It is that person and that person alone who has the thought to do such disgusting thing. Sure, you can argue that the media or peers can influence them but why is the law so lenient to let them go? I live in the UK and even my mum says that no one looks at one another like that. Many girls I see go out wearing clothing that show skin but they don't get raped, similarly many men often go out shirtless if it's too hot. Nothing happens to them. And why? Because the law on rape in strict here. Therefore it's easy for one to prosecute the other in these circumstances.

Another point is that here in the UK even if there is domestic violence, even if the woman says that nothing is happening (although they may be some abuse) the police are still entitled to take action if they think so. Same as child abuse, children who undergo physical, mental or God forbid sexual abuse, there is strict consequences against that. Hence I hardly hear about such things because the norm here is to not do things like that, (although there still are some cases but it's not as wide known IMO).

So who is responsible for rape? It's the society. If Indian society was not so lenient against rapists then people would not dare to even think such a thing. After hearing about this Delhi Rape Case, I also heard how the court/society are considering other factors somewhat defending the rapists (I'm not too sure about the actual facts) but seriously? They should be without any second thought, publicly shamed and punished. 

You see, if they go free or if the law even slows their punishment then people would think that it's easy to get through with rape. Therefore, the law should and I mean SHOULD punish them as soon as possible so that others see that rape is not something to be permissible or pardoned. It's disgusting and unlawful.

It's not the parents fault, not the media's fault (because heck, western television have so much more than Indian television) and it's definitely not the poor girl's fault. It's the rapists themselves and the society that allows them.

I probably will expand when I have the time but that's my two cents. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Trieshjuly12_1995wadi..doll..DamonCrazy..-JollyJabeen-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top