Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 19)

Post Reply New Post

Page 19 of 30

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghasingh

@janakiraghunath. conditions were worse in the ancient times...specific group...it was untouchables and they werent allowed to cover their body below their knees and above their waists... probably our culture has the most erotic things... khajuraho temples, kamasutra by vatsyayna, and more than that our god of gods is such who is having sex with every woman he likes by deceitful means...

rapes were common, its just that now we're opposing them...and mixed feelings...and even laws and regulations, although not flawless but i still believe that our constitution is a wonderful one, no where women r abolished in pubs, bars and to wear sexy fashionable dresses.

It's better not to bring religion into the debate because that can ruffle quite a few sentiments, plus it's against IF rules to bash religion. Moreover, I do not believe any of us have a right to speak against the Gods of any religion without reading all the scriptures and understanding them deeply. Hinduism is not about Gods having sex with various women. That's plain insulting to religious sentiments and I would hope people would know more about Hinduism than that. If they don't, then they shouldn't speak about it. Period.

I agree our culture is not a perfect one, but no culture is. Every culture in the world has its pros and cons. We as a society should try to change the cons of the system, but we should do it without abusing religion, whether we believe in religion or not. Even atheists can co-exist peacefully with theists when everyone respects each others sentiments and beliefs.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SwastikAshNi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 19)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:48am | IP Logged
@janakiraghunath...these parts i have read from the original scriptures...and these r the things even an hindu,(being an ex i know) who is honest will accept, and i'm not bashing any religion or any culture they are facts...and i dont feel ashamed over them...it was something about one of the basic instincts of human...

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:51am | IP Logged
I've seen a lot of religion bashing in this thread, and I don't believe that constitutes open discussion at all. People abuse the concept of burqa, whereas I have a lot of muslim friends who wear it willingly because they have embraced that custom of their culture. There's nothing wrong with a burqa when it's worn willingly. It becomes problem when women are forced into it.

Likewise, mocking the Hindu deities because they are "anti-feminist" is plain ridiculous. So what if Lakshmi is always shown pressing Vishnu's feet? If those bashers have actually read the Hindu scriptures, they would know that Vishnu never asked her to press his feet anywhere. Lakshmi has always served her husband of her own free will. Why the heck do people have a problem with that? They are suddenly so great that they can point their finger on God?

Also, please do not bring up Sita's Agni Pariksha or her exile in Ramayan without reading the Ramayan fully. People who have a deep understanding of the epic and have read it with true faith would never speak out against Lord Ram. If they read the surface level with the sole purpose of finding fault with the characters, then they will feel only angry and hatred for the characters.

Personally, I think religion should not be brought into the conversation at all. If you don't believe in religion, then leave it alone. No one is forcing it down your throat. I have met a lot of athetists who are far more respectful towards religion than many of the members in this thread.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghasingh

@janakiraghunath...these parts i have read from the original scriptures...and these r the things even an hindu,(being an ex i know) who is honest will accept, and i'm not bashing any religion or any culture they are facts...and i dont feel ashamed over them...it was something about one of the basic instincts of human...

It is one thing to debate respectfully about what we read in scriptures, but to say hinduism is about Gods having sex with women is plain insulting. When one reads the scriptures with faith, they will understand the deeper meaning of each story they read. If they read on the surface level only, sex and lust is all they see.

K2al

K2al

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
We all responsible becoz we have become selfish and selfcentred at a great extend and feared of the criminals that if we become their next target for helping the victims and become their eyewitness but people don't think that 1 stick can be broken easily rather than bundles of sticksAnd the thought hinduism mythology and gods concept its far away from the facts god has formed us to help eachother to understand eachother but we people having so-called humanity do nothing as we in that how can god help us its very illogical if god has given us mind for good but they used in bad intentions and inhumanity of us reflects after the victims friend's statement of the delhi incident

Edited by K2al - 21 January 2013 at 12:57pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SwastikAshNi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by K2al

We all responsible becoz we have become selfish and selfcentred at a great extend and feared of the criminals that if we become their next target for helping the victims and become their eyewitness but people don't think that 1 stick can be broken easily rather than bundles of sticks

That's true, it's quite sad that so many people do not help a victim when they're in need. They see a bloody body on the street but walk right past it as if it's a common part of the landscape.Ouch Eyewitnesses who neglect witnesses are also responsible for the crime IMO. They should also be punished. 

K2alSwastikAshNi

divyasn

IF-Dazzler

divyasn

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Saw this quote in face book .

If  dogs are biting humans - dogs are to be chained - not the humans ...

Same applies to rape ClapClapClapClapClapClap

pallavi25meghasingh

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
@janakiraghunath...and being blindfolded by faith, one can hardly see the truth...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Love_Arnie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top