Post Reply New Post

Page 18 of 30

kashifkashu

kashifkashu

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 2:26am | IP Logged
Pop Culture is changing our Mentality resulting Provocative Acts
Easy available po*n is very big reason.

Edited by kashifkashu - 21 January 2013 at 2:23am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 18)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by meghasingh

@janakiraghunath...decent clothing...what does it means...one u wear at school and college?? we do wear skirts, shorts, and dresses there...and that's what we are bashed for... so should we start dressing up in burqa...??

Who ever said western clothes meant indecent? The skirts, shorts, and dresses we wear at school or work are not indecent. Both for men and women, I believe the thighs should be covered as well as cleavage and midriff. Not only women, I also do not support shirtless men. I think we all have a responsibility to dress professionally when we lave the house, that's all.

If people are advocating against western clothes, then I do not agree with it. There's nothing wrong in wearing skirts or shorts if they cover our skin. They're only a problem when they're so tiny that it seems like you're wearing nothing at all. No one goes to work in mini-skirts or tiny tank tops, so I think the same dress code should be used when going out for fun as well.

Just tell me one thing... is it really logical to say that this % of skin should be covered?? and the skirts and shorts and dresses in colleges exposes thigh...depends from where the thigh start accord to ur theory...if it's above knee, then even accord to rules school skirts are above knees...
midriff...u know being a Hindu population in majority, it's the part which is bare in saree... and saree is a really exposing dress...so why shouldn't be it banned??
look nobody wears bikini or swimsuit on the bars, clubs, anywhere...
and tank top... whats wrong with them...
i guess u want to censor out all the wardrobe...

and come on... to wear fashionable clothes is something u like for yourself... saying that this tye of clothing, or that % of skin covered...it's more like Taliban rules...

another complication...u know the foreigners who visit India and wear "provoking exposing" dresses accord to u, what abt them... if they got raped, it's their fault? or we should impose the decency norms on them too...??

Edited by meghasingh - 21 January 2013 at 2:52am

RatiG

IF-Rockerz

RatiG

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged

Rape is never acceptable. Period. I agree with almost everyone here, but one thing I would like to say is that clothing DOES matter.

Look, I am not saying women deserve to be raped if they wear revealing clothing. The perpetrator is always at fault and I sincerely believe that.

However, I also believe that every individual has a responsibility not to instigate people who have bad intentions. Just like you don't carry around a thick wad of cash in your hands when you walk around outside, since there are always thieves lurking about ready to mug you, you also don't walk around revealing every part of your skin.

This applies to BOTH men and women. Even men should not walk around without a shirt or pant because it looks plain indecent. Both men and women should wear proper attire when they are out of their home, whether it be western or indian. When people dress themselves decently, they are less bound to attract attention. This applies to both men in the case of women rapists, and women in the case of men rapists. Victims are NOT at fault, but they DO have a responsibility to protect themselves as best as they can.

Of course, it's also true that rape happens to people who are dressed decently as well, so this is not a solution or anything, but it's a prevention method everyone should take part in, whether they be men or women.
how should we dress i wear round neck suits then also men stare at me..and when i am fat...my sisters college dress was suit then also her seniors would pass comments that she looks hot in suits how would she look in binkini is that acceptable NO NOT AT ALL
i would would see them ever in life i would seriously kick their ass for treating my sister like thatAngry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

meghasingh

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RatiG

Rape is never acceptable. Period. I agree with almost everyone here, but one thing I would like to say is that clothing DOES matter.

Look, I am not saying women deserve to be raped if they wear revealing clothing. The perpetrator is always at fault and I sincerely believe that.

However, I also believe that every individual has a responsibility not to instigate people who have bad intentions. Just like you don't carry around a thick wad of cash in your hands when you walk around outside, since there are always thieves lurking about ready to mug you, you also don't walk around revealing every part of your skin.

This applies to BOTH men and women. Even men should not walk around without a shirt or pant because it looks plain indecent. Both men and women should wear proper attire when they are out of their home, whether it be western or indian. When people dress themselves decently, they are less bound to attract attention. This applies to both men in the case of women rapists, and women in the case of men rapists. Victims are NOT at fault, but they DO have a responsibility to protect themselves as best as they can.

Of course, it's also true that rape happens to people who are dressed decently as well, so this is not a solution or anything, but it's a prevention method everyone should take part in, whether they be men or women.
how should we dress i wear round neck suits then also men stare at me..and when i am fat...my sisters college dress was suit then also her seniors would pass comments that she looks hot in suits how would she look in binkini is that acceptable NO NOT AT ALL
i would would see them ever in life i would seriously kick their ass for treating my sister like thatAngry

Rati that's the point...no matter what u'll wear, those who r sick will do these cheap things...clothes, bikini, suit or anything doesnt matter.
and seriously these people who think that they can behave like this as they want with anyone are sick and should be slapped heard...whether someone is skinny or fat, whether one wear burqa or shorts...everyone deserve the basic respect as as individual.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Look, I'm not here to fight with anyone. I agree that many sarees in India expose the midriff too. It all depends on how one wears the saree. You can wear them in a more decent manner also, although nowadays it's fashionable to expose as much skin as possible, whether one wears a saree or skirt.

I agree that people with sick minds will do something whether one exposes or not, but covering ourselves up is the least we can do to protect ourselves. Society and government should do the rest to protect us. Harsher laws need to be imposed on sickos who feel it's alright to sexually harass men or women.

All I'm saying is, it's every person's responsibility not to dress like they're going to the bar. Whether they wear sarees, salwar kameez, skirts, or pants, they should look professional when they're outside their home. This gives off an aura of maturity and decency. This should apply to both men and women, not just women. If people think they have the right to go naked outside if they wish, then I'm sorry, but we live in a society governed by laws and everything has limits, including dressing style.

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:46am | IP Logged

Look, I'm not here to fight with anyone. I agree that many sarees in India expose the midriff too. It all depends on how one wears the saree. You can wear them in a more decent manner also, although nowadays it's fashionable to expose as much skin as possible, whether one wears a saree or skirt.

No one is here to fight with anyone here...it's a debate, an open debate. how one wears the saree, btw i dont know where do u live, but the most exposing saree one wear is in the most traditional india, most original, far away from cities and glamorous lifestyle. Original indian saree is just a piece of six length cloth nothing else, blouse and skirt are western dresses which were started with indian saree when english came, and then it was a fashion to wear 3 piece saree by the most rich elite indian class.

I agree that people with sick minds will do something whether one exposes or not, but covering ourselves up is the least we can do to protect ourselves. Society and government should do the rest to protect us. Harsher laws need to be imposed on sickos who feel it's alright to sexually harass men or women.

All I'm saying is, it's every person's responsibility not to dress like they're going to the bar. Whether they wear sarees, salwar kameez, skirts, or pants, they should look professional when they're outside their home. This gives off an aura of maturity and decency. This should apply to both men and women, not just women. If people think they have the right to go naked outside if they wish, then I'm sorry, but we live in a society governed by laws and everything has limits, including dressing style.
And what to wear when one is going to bar or pub??do we need to look professional in our parties, hangouts too..?

i am in blue..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghasingh

No one is here to fight with anyone here...it's a debate, an open debate. how one wears the saree, btw i dont know where do u live, but the most exposing saree one wear is in the most traditional india, most original, far away from cities and glamorous lifestyle. Original indian saree is just a piece of six length cloth nothing else, blouse and skirt are western dresses which were started with indian saree when english came, and then it was a fashion to wear 3 piece saree by the most rich elite indian class.

And what to wear when one is going to bar or pub??do we need to look professional in our parties, hangouts too..?

i am in blue..

I know what the "original" saree is, but the original saree was not worn by everyone. It was worn by the tribal women. Ancient brahmin women covered their entire body, whereas kshatriya women wore their sarees a different way. What you refer to as the original saree was not the original saree. It was the saree worn by a specific group which is no longer prominent today.

I have mixed feelings about pubs and bars, so I won't comment on them. Personally, I am not in favor of such hangouts in general. As for other parties, It's alright to dress fashionably and wear western clothing, but there is a limit to everything and I think everyone knows what that limit is. We all know when something is too revealing. I'm not even talking about decensy. Even fashion - wise, extremely revealing clothing doesn't look good on people, whether they are fat or thin.

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 21 January 2013 at 11:10am | IP Logged
@janakiraghunath. conditions were worse in the ancient times...specific group...it was untouchables and they werent allowed to cover their body below their knees and above their waists... probably our culture has the most erotic things... khajuraho temples, kamasutra by vatsyayna, and more than that our god of gods is such who is having sex with every woman he likes by deceitful means...

rapes were common, its just that now we're opposing them...and mixed feelings...and even laws and regulations, although not flawless but i still believe that our constitution is a wonderful one, no where women r abolished in pubs, bars and to wear sexy fashionable dresses.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top