Debate Mansion

Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 17)

Post Reply New Post

Page 17 of 30

divyasn

IF-Dazzler

divyasn

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
the root cause is the mentality...which parents instil in their sons...  AngryAngry

Not just rape - how many Indian parents teach their kids to respect and follow law?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrroRatiGpallavi25

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debate : Who is Respnsible? (Page 17)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

divyasn

IF-Dazzler

divyasn

Posted: 18 January 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
One more thing India especially in my state -- fake morality is the most prevalent  ... 

People are bothered if they see a girl or guy together ... but they are least bothered if a girl is teased or molested..AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dude81zorrroRatiGmeghasinghpallavi25

altuphalu

altuphalu

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Who is responsible?
MEN ARE RESPONSIBLE! THEIR PERVERSIONS ARE RESPONSIBLE!

Its universally acknowledged that all men think about sex every few minutes! 
When men look at women or girls, the first thought that comes into their minds is sex!
 Im not exaggerating, Im not male-bashing...ask any honest man, he will admit it! 
But most men can control this urge or desire because of education, proper upbringing, fear of the law or just basic decency. 

But there is that other 30 or 40% men who have bad upbringing, they think women are nothing but sex objects, the law is on men's side (which is true)...they can do anything with any female and get away with it! 
These men act out their perversions with impunity on the streets, on public buses, trains, in offices...they harass women, touch, grope, leer... and get a thrill out of it! 

The more hardcore criminals amongst these perverted men become rapists. They get a perverted thrill out of hurting a woman, forcing her to have sex. Even worst of these rapists commit these crimes in gangs. Theres something called group mentality amongst men, when they are with their peers, their social  behavior gets worse and uncontrolled! They attack in packs, like wolves! An example of this pack mentality can be seen in USA where the Steubenville rape case is making headlines!

If a single rapist attacked a woman, it would be difficult for him to overpower her if the woman is reasonably well-built and strong. Thats why these beasts attack in packs, its easier to overpower a woman when theres more than one!
I wonder why nobody is pointing out the inevitability of a gang rape!
 Nobody and nothing can prevent it!  Unfortunately there will be twisted, perverted men who will attack a woman or a girl in a group...and no proper dressing or safety precautions can help the woman then! No pepper spray or knife can save her then! The only thing she can use is a gun...if she can get to it before shes overpowered!

Many Indian women are making great strides, in education and careers... many of them like the Delhi victim are upwardly mobile, trying to improve their lives and uplift their families from poverty.
This has created a deeper resentment and hatred amongst men of backward communities who see these women as challenge to their manhood, as rivals and enemies to be brutally extinguished!
As an article clearly puts it:
"women in New Delhi and throughout India say that their gender makes them vulnerable to attack from a vast and growing sea of unattached and unemployed young men who view women's success as the reason for their failure."

The growing misogyny in India is a clear reflection of men's insecurities and resentment:
"A profound fear and a deep, almost pathological, hatred of the woman who aspires to be anything more than mother and wife is justified on the grounds of tradition."

Lastly, I would say that objectification of women's bodies in Hollywood, Bollywood and especially in po*nography is largely to blame as well.
 These smutty, vulgar films and photos project the image that women deserve to be treated as sl*ts and some even enjoy it!
I strongly feel that so called item songs and dances like Chikni chameli and Sheila should be edited and censored by Censor board. And po*nography of any kind should be banned and should be judged as a criminal offense, punishable by law! Its hard to police the internet but Im sure something can be done about this!

I agree with all your points especially the so called 'item songs'.

Another thing as well is also the equality of the sexes. The prestige that male species are given in our culture is appalling. 

It is sickening that women, let alone men, still have the mentality that giving birth to a son raises the status of those women in their family.

Women must first accept that they are equal to men  for that mentality to change.

a

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Rape is never acceptable. Period. I agree with almost everyone here, but one thing I would like to say is that clothing DOES matter.

Look, I am not saying women deserve to be raped if they wear revealing clothing. The perpetrator is always at fault and I sincerely believe that.

However, I also believe that every individual has a responsibility not to instigate people who have bad intentions. Just like you don't carry around a thick wad of cash in your hands when you walk around outside, since there are always thieves lurking about ready to mug you, you also don't walk around revealing every part of your skin.

This applies to BOTH men and women. Even men should not walk around without a shirt or pant because it looks plain indecent. Both men and women should wear proper attire when they are out of their home, whether it be western or indian. When people dress themselves decently, they are less bound to attract attention. This applies to both men in the case of women rapists, and women in the case of men rapists. Victims are NOT at fault, but they DO have a responsibility to protect themselves as best as they can.

Of course, it's also true that rape happens to people who are dressed decently as well, so this is not a solution or anything, but it's a prevention method everyone should take part in, whether they be men or women.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Rape is never acceptable. Period. I agree with almost everyone here, but one thing I would like to say is that clothing DOES matter.

Look, I am not saying women deserve to be raped if they wear revealing clothing. The perpetrator is always at fault and I sincerely believe that.

However, I also believe that every individual has a responsibility not to instigate people who have bad intentions. Just like you don't carry around a thick wad of cash in your hands when you walk around outside, since there are always thieves lurking about ready to mug you, you also don't walk around revealing every part of your skin.

What instigate people who have bad intentions?

This applies to BOTH men and women. Even men should not walk around without a shirt or pant because it looks plain indecent. Both men and women should wear proper attire when they are out of their home, whether it be western or indian. When people dress themselves decently, they are less bound to attract attention. This applies to both men in the case of women rapists, and women in the case of men rapists. Victims are NOT at fault, but they DO have a responsibility to protect themselves as best as they can.
 The idea of decent clothing, isn't anything but a mirage...you know for some people even if you haven't covered your head then it would be disgracing, and for some people it would be fine even if u r in a bikni. To protect themselves...here comes the wonderful argument...you knw what's the best prevention then... lock all the women in home...right...??
Of course, it's also true that rape happens to people who are dressed decently as well, so this is not a solution or anything, but it's a prevention method everyone should take part in, whether they be men or women.
Decently well?? let me tell u something...recently the first case in fast track cases is of a rape on 3 year old girl by a 40-50 age man... that girl must hadn't been dressed up decently, and she must had caught his attention by showing off her sexy figure... 

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghasingh

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

What instigate people who have bad intentions?

The idea of decent clothing, isn't anything but a mirage...you know for some people even if you haven't covered your head then it would be disgracing, and for some people it would be fine even if u r in a bikni. To protect themselves...here comes the wonderful argument...you knw what's the best prevention then... lock all the women in home...right...??
Decently well?? let me tell u something...recently the first case in fast track cases is of a rape on 3 year old girl by a 40-50 age man... that girl must hadn't been dressed up decently, and she must had caught his attention by showing off her sexy figure... 

Where have I mentioned about locking women up? I spoke about both women and men dressing decently, and in my terms decent dressing is the same as what you'd wear to work or school. There is a certain dress code people adhere to when they go to work, so why can't there be a dress code for both men and women when they leave their homes?

I have already mentioned that I am not blaming the victim by saying people should dress decently. I am saying everyone (men and women) should take precautions when leaving the security of home, just like they take precautions with their money. How many people do you see walking around with a wad of cash in their hands? They would be mugged in an instant. That doesn't mean it's their fault their money got stolen, since the mugger was the perpetrator and always will be the perpatrator, but the victim should also have been more responsible. The same goes for other crimes. The victim is never at fault, but he/she should be responsible when they're outside. It's common sense.

I have also acknowledged that dressing decently alone does not solve anything. There are people out there with sick minds, I know that. People who dress decently, whether they be men or women, still get sexually assaulted and so do children. I'm studying child psychology and there are so many horrible cases of children getting raped. It's really sick! So I agree with everyone here who says society needs to change and laws should be harsher for rape perpetrators, but I am a woman who looks through totally unbiased lens. I am not a supporter of the concept "I'll dress how I like and no one has the right to question". We all live in a society governed by rules. Just like we adhere to these rules when we go to school and work, we should also adhere to them when we leave home for whatever reason.

The perpetrators are always at fault and deserve the harshest punishment without doubt! But at the same time, we all should take care not to draw unnecessary attention to ourselves, whether it be walking the streets with a wad of cash in our hands or revealing every corner of our skin. It's common sense.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro-zozo-

meghasingh

IF-Sizzlerz

meghasingh

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
@janakiraghunath...decent clothing...what does it means...one u wear at school and college?? we do wear skirts, shorts, and dresses there...and that's what we are bashed for... so should we start dressing up in burqa...??

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meghasingh

@janakiraghunath...decent clothing...what does it means...one u wear at school and college?? we do wear skirts, shorts, and dresses there...and that's what we are bashed for... so should we start dressing up in burqa...??

Who ever said western clothes meant indecent? The skirts, shorts, and dresses we wear at school or work are not indecent. Both for men and women, I believe the thighs should be covered as well as cleavage and midriff. Not only women, I also do not support shirtless men. I think we all have a responsibility to dress professionally when we lave the house, that's all.

If people are advocating against western clothes, then I do not agree with it. There's nothing wrong in wearing skirts or shorts if they cover our skin. They're only a problem when they're so tiny that it seems like you're wearing nothing at all. No one goes to work in mini-skirts or tiny tank tops, so I think the same dress code should be used when going out for fun as well.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-zozo-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top