Joined: 29 November 2012
In India, there are a large variety of Halwas: sooji ka halwa, gajar ka halwa, lauki ka halwa, moong dal halwa, walnut halwa. Walnut halwa is a classic recipe an can literally be prepared in minutes! This halwa is often prepared during the winter months, as it is supposed to keep the body warm and protect it from the bitter winter cold. It is considered to be auspicious for Holi and Diwali and it even features on wedding menus.
Walnut is a wrinkled, brain-like nut that is contained in a very hard shell. Most of you know about the impressive benefits of this nut . It contains the omega 3 and antioxidants that is good for your brain. So try this dish and let me know your valuable comments.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves: 2 person
walnuts - 1 cup corsely ground powder+ 1 tbsp fine walnut powder
milk - 3/4 cup
sugar - 3/4 cup
ghee (clarified butter) - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Heat Ghee in a heavy sauce pan, add corsely ground walnut powder.
2. Saute and roast till the walnuts start to turn brown.
3. Add milk and continue stirring till the milk is absorbed and Ghee starts to separate.
4. Add sugar, remianing 1 tbsp walnut podwer and cardamom powder, mix well.
5. Cook till the sugar has melted and a soft consistency of Sheera / halwa is obtained.
6. The final halwa consistency should not be too thick, it should be a little bit runny. When it starts cooling, it will become thick to the desired consistency.
Joined: 06 July 2011
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|||The Crazy Recipe Book||||Angel-Jot.||55||3505||14 January 2012 at 6:48pm
|FAVOURITE Dessert||manpreet887||1||229||27 July 2011 at 8:38pm
|CHOCOLATE DESSERT||camrodri||5||585||15 August 2009 at 9:47am
|banana magic-dessert||willina||6||932||13 April 2009 at 12:04am
|Fave indian dessert??||Pensive||27||1598||02 January 2008 at 4:58am
Be the part of India's biggest discussion portal.
Itís easy to Join and itís free.
Register now while itís free!
Already a member? Close this window and log in.