Joined: 29 November 2012
In India, there are a large variety of Halwas: sooji ka halwa, gajar ka halwa, lauki ka halwa, moong dal halwa, walnut halwa. Walnut halwa is a classic recipe an can literally be prepared in minutes! This halwa is often prepared during the winter months, as it is supposed to keep the body warm and protect it from the bitter winter cold. It is considered to be auspicious for Holi and Diwali and it even features on wedding menus.
Walnut is a wrinkled, brain-like nut that is contained in a very hard shell. Most of you know about the impressive benefits of this nut . It contains the omega 3 and antioxidants that is good for your brain. So try this dish and let me know your valuable comments.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves: 2 person
walnuts - 1 cup corsely ground powder+ 1 tbsp fine walnut powder
milk - 3/4 cup
sugar - 3/4 cup
ghee (clarified butter) - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
1. Heat Ghee in a heavy sauce pan, add corsely ground walnut powder.
2. Saute and roast till the walnuts start to turn brown.
3. Add milk and continue stirring till the milk is absorbed and Ghee starts to separate.
4. Add sugar, remianing 1 tbsp walnut podwer and cardamom powder, mix well.
5. Cook till the sugar has melted and a soft consistency of Sheera / halwa is obtained.
6. The final halwa consistency should not be too thick, it should be a little bit runny. When it starts cooling, it will become thick to the desired consistency.
The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:
Joined: 06 July 2011
Hot Chicken Breast Recipe.Easy 15 minutes Recipe.
Author: samsauceykitche Replies: 0 Views: 419
|samsauceykitche||0||419||13 June 2012 at 10:20am by samsauceykitche|
Author: samsauceykitche Replies: 0 Views: 322
|samsauceykitche||0||322||12 June 2012 at 3:37pm by samsauceykitche|
Author: manpreet887 Replies: 1 Views: 345
|manpreet887||1||345||27 July 2011 at 4:47am by Steadam2011|
Author: camrodri Replies: 5 Views: 783
|camrodri||5||783||15 August 2009 at 12:56pm by pisces25|
Author: willina Replies: 6 Views: 1147
|willina||6||1147||13 April 2009 at 10:11pm by Mrs-KaranKundra|
Popular Channels :Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK
Quick Links :Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index