India-Forums

Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

RONIT IS STAYING (for now at least)

BabyGirl674 Groupbie
BabyGirl674
BabyGirl674

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

Hey Guys, check out this article from todays date that I came across..........

var msid=1109583 var mstatus = false; var sUser, cookiestring; function getCookievalue(strcookie) { var ipos = cookiestring.indexOf(strcookie); var ipos2 = cookiestring.indexOf(';',ipos); if (ipos != -1) { if (ipos2 == -1) ipos2 = cookiestring.length; return unescape(cookiestring.substring((ipos+strcookie.length+1),ip os2));} } try { document.domain='i ndiatimes.com'; cookiestring= document.cookie; cookiestring = cookiestring.toLowerCase(); s User = getCookievalue('commlogu'); sUserLength = sUser.length; if (getCookievalue('cmssso') =='true') {mstatus=true;} } catch(er) {cookiestring=' '; sUserLength=0;} try { if ((sUserLength > 0) && (mstatus == true) ) {} else { document.write(' '); } } catch(er) {cookiestring=' '; sUserLength=0;}
Royal truceIndiatimes points
NINAD D SHETH

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ FRIDAY, MAY 13, 2005 08:16:21 PM ]
' + '' + 'Sign into earn' + 'Indiatimes points
Sign into earnIndiatimes points
Rishabh Bajaj of Kasauti will still stay on as Mihir Virani on TV... Kyunki, Ektaa Kapoor & Ronit Roy have declared peace for now

< id=fr547 title=Advertisement name=fr547 align=right marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=547" Border=0 width=250 scrolling=no height=300></>The never-ending soap opera of Ektaa Kapoor's casting dilemmas seems to have come to a temporary end. Ronit Roy, the star of the Star serials Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (as Mihir Virani) and Kasauti (as Rishabh Bajaj), has decided to stay put in his roles... for now.

This decision was arrived at after a marathon meeting between Ronit and Shobha Kapoor, Ektaa's mother. Insiders reveal that the discussions had all the ingredients of a classic soap opera -- action, emotion and drama. More specifically, two major problems between Ronit and serial-maker Balaji were identified -- one, Ronit features in the same time slot on a rival channel in a serial whose popularity reportedly unnerves Balaji; two, Ronit is not comfortable with his on-screen character Rishabh Bajaj meeting with an accident and slipping into coma. "Ronit wasn't happy with the plot and this lead to serious gap in communication between us. After the meeting, we have agreed to review everything and Ronit is very much with us," informs Shobha. In other words, Balaji will, in all probability, come up with a different script that doesn't have an accident for Bajaj. "Basically, I had an issue with the script. Now, I will continue to work with Balaji for the time being as the issue has been settled," says Ronit.

Industry insiders, however, maintain that the real issue is the emergence of the star system in Indian TV at the expense of the studio system. Ronit, of course, is quite a star and Balaji is a studio to reckon with. A similar star-versus-studio episode is provided by the spat between Rajiv Khandelwal (Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga ) deciding he didn't like the plot and parting ways with Balaji. There is speculation in the domestic industry that things may go the way they have in the US, where studios have had to bear the brunt of TV star pay cheques going through the roof, like in the case of Seinfeld, which had two stars revolting but finally staying on when their pay was tripled.

Big money, bigger egos. Like they say, the soap opera isn't over yet

BabyGirl674 Groupbie
BabyGirl674
BabyGirl674

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

sorry guys, it didin't paste properly........anyways, heres the link where i got it from.........

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1109583.cms

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article i hope ronit roy stays on as mihir on kyunki or atleast given a good send off, i'd rather they kill off his character then bring him back with a new face using a plastic surgery dtory or just replace him with someone else as they have done before.
icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
thx's 4 sharing and i hope mihir doesn't die but they showed him in a accident with his face covered in blood???user posted image
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
thanx fur sharing.....yaay!! hes gonna stayBig smile
Madiha_07 IF-Dazzler
Madiha_07
Madiha_07

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 8:18am | IP Logged
great!!!!! Big smile thanks for sharin
Madiha_07 IF-Dazzler
Madiha_07
Madiha_07

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 8:19am | IP Logged

thats great news!!! thank u for sharing Clap

Ronit IF-Dazzler
Ronit
Ronit

Posted: 14 May 2005 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
GREAT!!!! i am soo happy mihiir(ronit) is not leaving YIPEEE!!!!!!!!

Go to top