wow yaar shru
intersting CS
kitna wait kar vati hoo tum
jaldi update do
funkylicious thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Chapter 1

A young girl stared at the dark clouds from her broken window. She questioned the moon, complained silently with her wet eyes that couldn't stop flowing.

She stared at the moon until she got an answer, soon she said 'Why are you like a stone, please reply to me, why are you silent despite your best friend (me) being sad?' she paused taking a deep breath between her sobs and continued 'Please don't do this to me, I don't know how I could change please help me' she pleaded staring at the moon intently.

She felt like the moon smile at her immediately she replied, 'This is not fair, Not fair at all' she screamed her lungs out frustrated at the moon.

'Why the heck are you screaming' screamed a voice back rudely at the young girl from the other end of the house'

She clenched her skirt fisting it in fear, while she held a piece of curtain in her mouth so that her loud sobs won't be heard. She sobbed for an hour slowly slipping down on the floor unconsciously into a deep sleep.

----

Riya struggled keeping herself up with all the work loads, she received recently. Yet there wasn't a grudge or grunting from her side. She suffered but never complained to anyone except herself, which is why I her BOSS giving her a big opportunity to explore' Riya's Boss announced in front of her colleagues smilingly.

That was one of the main reasons why the editor in chief of 'The Funk News' decided to promote her from research to journalist editor position.

'Riya never trusted herself to reach that position though all her life she struggled to find what she what to be, till what she is now. She has been a good colleague and good human being since I met her personally' continued the editor in chief after a loud round of applause.

Shortly Riya looked over her past few years in a flashback; 'she was out receiving low grade in her 12th, passing out by luck.

Then she studied science for few years, but unfortunately couldn't complete because of her disinterest in Chemistry. The following year she took up Info Tech and Teaching, where she became friends with Shree in an Info Tech class during her 2nd year.

Soon, she dropped that degree as well, finally settling her score with three years in journalism.' Riya looked at herself from a third person's point of views.

Now I'm passed out of university at the age of 26. I wasn't proud but I couldn't be upset by the vast knowledge my inner self had explored in those years.

'Please speak a few lines dear' requested Editor in Chief. 'I'm heartily thankful to our Editor in Chief for believing in me. Thank you everyone for their support.' Her colleagues applauded at her proudly.

Yet Riya somewhere in her heart very saddened by her achievement.

'Dismiss' said the Editor in Chief.

-------

Exactly two days later'.

Riya started her day thinking about the recent incident. She was so lost that she couldn't remember what the time was.

Soon she fastened her pace as she felt the sun ray burn her skin through the short kitchen window, while doing her daily chores. She quickly glanced over to the clock that ticked on the wall. 'Riyaaa you will definitely be late today' she said as she hurriedly packed her lunch.

Soon she wore a watch and was out of her house to catch her usual bus. But as always it was late again, OMG today my boss would definitely kick me out even though it hadn't been proper 42hours since I got promoted she thought cursing her fate.

20 minutes later' she waited at the lights to cross the road, glancing at her watch every single second. 'Ohh Damnn.. I'll be late today' she mumbled under her breath.

A huge group of crowd waited patiently around her to cross the same signal. She tucked the few strands of hair behind her ear that played on her face.

She heard a siren coming from a distance her head turned right to left, left to right in curiosity yet she couldn't see anything. But definitely the noise was nearing as her eyes stilled in one direction. The crowd lifted their head and followed her view, they saw an ambulance with full of siren being driven down the road towards the hospital that's just a block away from where she stood. Riya sent silent prayers for the one who's inside struggling for life. 

'I hate ambulance, especially when they are late.' She mumbled as she gripped the handle of her handbag.

Soon the cars on the road decelerated while some halted at the left hand side leaving enough space for the ambulance to go through without stopping.

'While the ambulance could exceed the speed limit of 60 the normal vehicles couldn't. 'Ahh it's a pleasure' That's special about this country' Riya thought and smiled 'Thank you god' she said silently while few of from the crowd talked about the speed limit, and some silently stood there dumbstruck at the heavy wind that blew for a second.

'Over here, more than the noise of a horn from a car, it's the siren from ambulance aka emergency vehicles that could be more heard.' Riya added the detail in her mind with a shrug in the end

'More than the noise pollution created by the horns from the vehicle it's the emergency vehicle that produces the most amount of noise pollution' i.e Ambulance, police and fire brigad Riya mockingly corrected herself and her lips crept into a smirk.

Shortly she saw crowd walking towards her, she quickly looked around palmed her forehead 'Argghhh concentrate' she told herself as she ran across the street and crossed the road.

'Please hurry up' she talked to the lift next. 'Ohh God, why is my office situated at the very last floor' thought Riya. Riya tiptoed around the front desk of the office, and into her cabin.

She relaxed for a second, but soon reality hit her, damnn these piles of files I need to check for this week's magazine'. Riya thumped her head on the pile sadly. I was so much better off at the Research desk she thought.

Riya soon remembered how she was promoted from a research desk to an editor's position. Who was the last editor I have to find out. Why this sudden change? She thought deeply.

Though Riya was friendly with her staff there was one person who would win her heart each day with her crazy talks. It was none other than her close acquaintance cum colleague Ana. 'Ana, who mainly works part-time, and she sits on the front desk 'help desk', the only Indian after me that worked for this Newspaper.

Riya refreshed Ana's introductions in herself, but her thoughts were interrupted as Ana walked in with a hot shot of Espresso. 'Awww.. Thank you Ana, you're a darling' said Riya as she saw Ana walk in with her favourite coffee.

'You're most welcome love' welcomed Ana, yet one question always bothered her. 'Alright Ana, Shoot! I mean just ask me what you want to' Please hurry up dear I have heaps of work to be done, moreover Sir would be here by noon.

'Okay okay take a deep breath sip your Espresso' said Ana relaxing herself. 'I had to ask, as per Shree you only loved Hot Chocolate, how come you like Espresso now' questioned Ana with an obvious pause.

Riya glared at Ana with her coffee halfway sipped by her. She laughed and jokingly said, 'As the time passes each and every sweet person has to turn into a bitter one' and yes being too sweet isn't good. She completed the sentence with a wink.

Like once mentioned by my friend to me 'Don't be so sweet, or you'll give me diabetes' Riya said with a smile. 'You crack me up girl' said Ana before she left laughing at Riya's silly joke.

As soon as Ana left her cabin, Riya's smile had faded. It was like a magician playing a magic trick on her that only lasted for a mere of few seconds.

Riya grunted rudely at herself, as she prolonged her work after that short Espresso break.

After an hour her cabin office phone buzzed, Riya made a face before she spoke 'Ana please no calls I'm busy here' 

'It's Shree not Ana' informed Shree.  'Ohh Shree, how are you long time no see' said Riya as she fixed the grammatical errors on the short news hard copy she read simultaneously with her eyes.

'What long time, it was two days back we met' Shree rectified. 'Ohh I'm so sorry dear, I know yaar but our meeting is long due, so sorry for the delay actually I'm extremely busy with work' informed Riya.

'Ya ya, I know I know Journalist editor I know' Shree teased Riya. 'What? How do you know?' Riya questioned in disbelief.

'I'm a pro, remember' Shree teased again 'Lunch today, on you' continued Shree. Before Riya could reply Shree had hung up.

She once again heard the loud ambulance siren, that went on and on, for a while nearby. As soon as Riya looked out of her office window she could see one side of the city where she lived.

The cars stopped in one line, the ambulance rushing back and forward through different blocks in one direction.

This seems serious blabbered Riya; she immediately tried someone's cell. But it was in vain.

Riya rushed out to the front desk to Ana, 'Dear, I'm going an emergency' Ana hurriedly questioned 'What's wrong'

'Don't worry I'm fine, let the boss know there a huge news waiting' informed Riya as she rushed out of her door.

But before she could leave the editor in Chief's assistant stopped Riya midway of the exit door. 'Riya, bosses would be here soon, and there's an important meeting' said Suzzane.

Riya turned around in full swing, 'Look darling, I don't feel necessary to answer you or listen to you' Riya said with a smirk

'But'' Suzzane interrupted

'No but's, I'll talk to the boss you don't worry my dear' Riya said it out loud mockingly, while Suzzane clenched her teeth in anger.

---

As soon as Riya left her work place she caught a taxi, she smiled at the driver while he looked back in anger. 'What's with everyone's mood swings today'' 'Seems like a shitty start to the day, that everyone's taking out their personal torture on me' muttered Riya under her breath looking outside the window as soon as she sat in the taxi.

'Excuse me.. Excuse me'' he shouted Riya jerked back as she placed the clip of the seatbelt.

'Newtown' Riya said clenching her teeth. 'I should inform boss' thought Riya.. As soon as she rung her boss he blasted at her. 'Riya' What the hell do you think of yourself? Queen Elizabeth or the Prime Minister' he paused and Riya spoke but sir I'm sure this is a big news 'It better be missy or you're in trouble' roared her Editor in Chief.

'Ya, it will be sir' Riya confidently answered.

'Alright see ya then dear' said her Chief as he hung up.

'Not him as well' Gawddd'' Riya cursed herself silently.

---------

After a while Riya had reached her destination, she was indeed right that was big news. Hardly any media were there as they weren't aware about it.

She walked up to a constable who looked dashing in his dark blue trousers and sky blue shirt with his gun, pepper spray, walkie talkie everything tied to his belt.

'Sir, I'm here from 'The Funk News', Riya and I had spotted this site from my office' introduced Riya as she waited for a nod. 'Go on' he said. 'Sir, can you please explain to me the happenings I'll definitely print your name in the paper in front headlines' said Riya with a smirk.

The constable answered all the questions about the bodies they found in the house. 'There's no suspect as such however, the two victims were a witness of a murder that happened late last year.' Informed the constable.

Riya thanked him heartily. But before she left he called her back and said, 'Miss Riya, I would be thankful if you wouldn't print my name in your paper, I would kindly like to be anonymous' he said out with a smirk.

That gesture of his had touched Riya's heart. She checked out the surroundings to add more details to her News to make it spicier.

She questioned the neighbours to add their views to the recent murder.

Another hour passed by before someone jerked her from behind.

Riya jumped up scared as Shree tapped her from behind.

She turned around almost punching him, 'You idiot' You sacred me to death' screamed Riya.

'Chill dear, it's just a prank' said Shree.

'Ohh what are you doing here' questioned Riya curiously.

'That'.shree emphasised a little before continuing actually I came to see you, I knew you were here' said Shree with a smirk.

'Yah Whatever, why do I feel someone's following me ever since we met again' Riya playfully said.

'Whatever you think ma'am' saying so Shree shrugged his shoulder and soon pulling up his collar.

'Ya right, hey can I use your Ipad for some time' then we can peacefully have lunch? Suggested Riya.

Which Shree soon agreed too'..

As soon as Riya was done with her big news, she send the typed up news to her Editor in Chief who was instantly impressed with Riya's skills.

He went through the news that would be printed on front page in 'The Funk News' newspaper' 'Well done dear, you can take the rest of the day off' texted Editor in Chief.

This news had brought a huge grin onto Shree's face as he got time to spend with his friend Riya.

Precap'

'Riya' I'm sorry to say but you have to take few months off from your work' informed Editor in Chief

'But Sir, I was promoted to this position few days ago'

'I know Riya, this would be hard, but the Head Bosses want you to take a break'

'hmmm'.'

Meanwhile'

Riya gets a call 'I'm not visiting that place ever in my life' she screamed'

'But you have to' said a lady'

Edited by funkylicious - 11 years ago
Love_Arnie thumbnail
Reserved.!!!
*edited*
Marvellous Chapter!
It left me speechless.
Everybit detail has been described with so much effeciency! Hats off to you!
As I always say, you're too good at observing characters! And that reflected through Rhea's attitude!
Her anxiety of getting late and every action as well as thoughts and emotions behind them were just picture perfect.
A very intelligent girl Rhea indeed is. Loved her interaction with her colleagues.
Loved Anna and Rhea's conversation, and their bonding too.
Shree-Rhea friendship is a thing to watch out for here. Very well excuted and composed.
The precap sounds interesting. Waiting to see her boss's reason to provide her with a leave or to be precise unexpected leave.
Why and at whom did she scream
Who was the little girl!
So many questions lingering around.
Overall, a fantastic update.
Thanks for the PM.
Continue soon.
🤗🤗🤗
Edited by Love_Arnie - 11 years ago
funkylicious thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Note: I'll only would be updating this Pm.. once two weeks or at the most once a month...😆

Sorry for the short delay today... Pm's will be sent out in an hour😳

and I heartily thank each and everyone for commenting and liking.. please continue encouraging me🤗 Thank you for reading it😳
shrutisweety thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh shru it was mindblowing chapter👏
riya's tension on reaching office
and each and every bit of line u have
wrote very well...
riya taking to shree and anna was good
shree's and riya frndship loved it
and coming to precap
y the boss want to takk a leave
wat happened ...